PDA

View Full Version : Its over!!

Commore
25-Dec-10, 18:24
Its Over!

Tis a sad Christmas, as my relationship has irretrievably broken down after more than forty years........
it was close to breaking some weeks ago, but I decided to give it another chance, I thought, why not, it could have been a fluke, a one off, a mistake, I mean, they are made, ah but alas!
No.
My heart is broken, those heady days are gone...........
I remember the day I first fell in love, it was a Saturday the afternoon in fact, I was in the same place I was every Saturday afternoon, as far back as I can remember,
the Saturday movie was just about to start, the fire was roaring up the chimney and Granny and I were just settling down after spending the morning shopping in Glasgow,
I was not surprised when Granny profferred the box and asked, "would you like one?" Granny always had treats on Saturday's.
Coffee cremes, Cherry cups, Hazelnut Pralines.....Walnuts and Hazel nuts all coated in lovely Dark Chocolate......Hard Caramel and Soft Caramels the list was endless, we each had our favourites, mine was coffee cremes.

Over the years the love never died and each Birthday or Christmas, always were accompanied by the box of Black Magic..........
the last two boxes, however, were a big, big, big disappointment.....
Coffee Cremes, a taste of the past, Cherry Cups no longer...caramels hard and soft are not there.

This Christmas and a great big box of that old Black Magic has gone to the dogs......with only six different chocs to choose from,

C'mon Nestle................what is going on?

Won't be buying this product again :(

landy
25-Dec-10, 18:26
you do know chocolate is poisonous to dogs??!

Hoida
25-Dec-10, 18:27
I know how you feel I was the same with Dairy Box but alas divorced them after many many years.:(

billmoseley
25-Dec-10, 18:29
what you need is some heros

Commore
25-Dec-10, 18:42
you do know chocolate is poisonous to dogs??!
Yes, I am aware of that and can confirm that no dog was harmed in the writing of this post....................;)

changilass
25-Dec-10, 19:51
Jeez woman, you had me worried there.

Thank gowd its only chocs you were on about.

Hope you are having a great christmas.

Just had the best roast tatties curtesy of the pork fat that I saved from the joint, so thank you very muchness.

Gronnuck
25-Dec-10, 19:56
The only answer is to take up with something a little softer, more colourful and just as sweet.

.....JELLY BABIES :lol:

Liz
25-Dec-10, 20:01
Well you got me there Commore. I was feeling so sorry for you until I found out it was about choccies!!!!:lol:

lindsaymcc
25-Dec-10, 20:28
My heart was being pulled then for minute!!! Bless you Commore!

Hope you, J and the dogs have had a lovely day..... Jake has spent the day chomping on a huge bone we got him from Geddes yesterday..... and it still looks the same size as it was when we gave it to him!

Hope you can find a new chocolate relationship very soon.... no lady should be without her chocolate!

cuddlepop
26-Dec-10, 11:49
You had me going for a minute there too,:eek:

Chocolate no matter whose making it these days just doesnt taste the same.
Maybe its an age thing,well thats what I've been told.:lol:

All thats left that remotely tastes the same is After Eight mints....they'd better not.

Commore
26-Dec-10, 12:48
what you need is some heros
Heroes eh? are they tall, dark and deliciously smooth and where would I find such a chocolate?
:)

Commore
26-Dec-10, 12:50
Jeez woman, you had me worried there.

Thank gowd its only chocs you were on about.

Hope you are having a great christmas.

Just had the best roast tatties curtesy of the pork fat that I saved from the joint, so thank you very muchness.

Hi there good friend,
hoping you too are having a lovely Christmas............;)C

cherokee
26-Dec-10, 12:50
Gosh, I started reading this and was feeling so sorry for you that I called my OH to read it as well, saying to him...

"Oh my goodness, look whats happened to this poor person on Christmas Day of all days !!!!:("

Then we both read further...............................

Ya Wee Trickster You !! ;):lol:

Commore
26-Dec-10, 13:00
My heart was being pulled then for minute!!! Bless you Commore!

Hope you, J and the dogs have had a lovely day..... Jake has spent the day chomping on a huge bone we got him from Geddes yesterday..... and it still looks the same size as it was when we gave it to him!

Hope you can find a new chocolate relationship very soon.... no lady should be without her chocolate!

Thank you to all who commented, on the choccy post, in the chocolate line I am indeed looking for a new love,

Christmas however, is an all different story,
the 14 dogs enjoyed the bones from Geddes too, not a lot left though..........the cat enjoyed the cream.........the horses the apples.....and corn galore for all feathered friends........we've had our fair share of mishaps but nothing that cannot be handled and all in all we are having a very pleasant time,
and I wish the same for you Mrs.McC and yours too...........was Santa good to you?

Commore
26-Dec-10, 13:22
http://business.scotsman.com/fooddrinkagriculture/Wealth-by-chocolate-artisan-confectioners.6671674.jp

YUM YUM:D

Leanne
26-Dec-10, 18:27
Thornton's special selection! They are reduced at the mo to £6in Tesco for a huge 625g box!! Roses and Quality Streets are the same - no coffee cremes :(

Commore
26-Dec-10, 18:35
Thornton's special selection! They are reduced at the mo to £6in Tesco for a huge 625g box!! Roses and Quality Streets are the same - no coffee cremes :(

Hi Leanne, only into Dark Chocolate I am afraid, less fatty and better for you whilst being darkly delicious and wicked to boot!:lol:

Leanne
27-Dec-10, 00:28
Hi Leanne, only into Dark Chocolate I am afraid, less fatty and better for you whilst being darkly delicious and wicked to boot!:lol:

There's a company called Simon Dunn in Cheshire that do handmade chocs including 4 varieties of coffee cremes - off to see if they deliver...

Commore
27-Dec-10, 11:42
There's a company called Simon Dunn in Cheshire that do handmade chocs including 4 varieties of coffee cremes - off to see if they deliver...
Yummy, thanks, me too,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Vistravi
27-Dec-10, 12:09
For me its strawberry dreams you get in roses. I love them. I'll look for them before going elsewhere lol.
Alas not this year as i'm trying to be good.

lindsaymcc
27-Dec-10, 12:59
For me its strawberry dreams you get in roses. I love them. I'll look for them before going elsewhere lol.

Oooooh Strawberry Creams are my favourites - the Quality Street ones...... hubby misses Woolworths Pick & Mix at this time of year as he used to pick them all out and I would get a bag full!

Commore
27-Dec-10, 13:44
Good? what's that? {)

poppett
27-Dec-10, 14:53
For coffee creme lovers both Brass` and J A Mackay have selections of various makes of coffee cremes alone.

I like strawberry creme and orange creme, or anything Thorntons.

Leanne
27-Dec-10, 15:19

Free postage on orders over £25 :) :) :)

http://www.simondunnchocolates.co.uk/