PDA

View Full Version : Any nice surprises?

Tilly Teckel
25-Dec-10, 16:49
Soooo... did Santa bring any particularly nice surprises to the orgers? personally, I was surprised that my OH bought (and wrapped!) me a couple of DVDs. First pressie ever!!

brandy
25-Dec-10, 17:19
hubby got me a beautiful torc! i love it!!! i have been looking for one for years!! im so lucky to have my hubby!

brandy
25-Dec-10, 17:27
me with my fav. chiristmas pressie *G* the torc!

billmoseley
25-Dec-10, 18:15
i thought you mean't torch lolololol

Liz
25-Dec-10, 20:02
i thought you mean't torch lolololol

Glad I'm not the only one!:lol: Did wonder though why Brandy would so excited about getting a torch!!!

brandy
25-Dec-10, 20:10
nope torc *laughs* no H needed!

Bazeye
25-Dec-10, 23:29
My mum got me a Qur'an. :confused

cherokee
26-Dec-10, 00:03
I got an all-in-one "sleepsuit" with feet (Dadie - you have one so you'll know what I mean) from my OH !!!!!!:D

Wanted one for years..........gosh.....canna wait til' get into my bed tonight; I'll be so toastie !! :D

Liz
26-Dec-10, 00:13
Oh that sounds lovely Cherokee! I would love one of them.:D

purplelady
26-Dec-10, 00:14
Well I got some lovely pressies but the best one of all was my daugthers bf going down one one knee and asking her to marry him it was so emotional , she is seven months pregnant too with my first grandchild for me nothing could be better xx

shazzap
26-Dec-10, 00:25
I got an all-in-one "sleepsuit" with feet (Dadie - you have one so you'll know what I mean) from my OH !!!!!!:D

Wanted one for years..........gosh.....canna wait til' get into my bed tonight; I'll be so toastie !! :D

I like them, but you have to take them off completely for the loo.[lol]

ShelleyCowie
26-Dec-10, 00:26
Purplelady thats lovely! Congratulations to them! :D

I knew what i was getting from the hubby but i was still lost for words when i got it! My Ipod touch! I absolutely love love love it! Got a desktop hetty hoover from my best mate, i am a huge Hetty/Henry fan and she gave in and got me a hetty so i was loving that! :)

My surprise.....Jay-D cut a tooth! So there we go [lol]

Tilly Teckel
26-Dec-10, 02:22
Lots of lovely Christmas surprises! Glad everyone's had a good day. I just watched one of my new DVDs and thoroughly enjoyed it :)

joxville
26-Dec-10, 02:39
My brother gave me a Revell model kit of the 1969 lunar landing module, that will go with the Saturn V rocket kit I bought last month. :)

Alice in Blunderland
26-Dec-10, 07:26
I got a frying pan :roll: from the kids [lol]

They love home made pancakes, when they asked for them recently I mentioned that the pan was loosing its non stick so to ensure they get their supply of home made pancakes............I get a new frying pan. Such thoughtful children. ;)

billmoseley
26-Dec-10, 11:19
My mum got me a Qur'an. :confused

isn't that what a Muslim studies?

Bazeye
26-Dec-10, 12:14

Yep, it certainly is. At least its been translated into English though. Might give it a shot, see what makes them tick.

Alice in Blunderland
26-Dec-10, 12:24
Yep, it certainly is. At least its been translated into English though. Might give it a shot, see what makes them tick.

Good luck reading the bible didn't help me work out what makes some so called Christians tick :confused

tonkatojo
26-Dec-10, 12:31

Here's me thinking it was a steep incline in Northern Skye.

Ricco
26-Dec-10, 13:52
I got the usual shirts and socks; also some useful gardening stuff for the allotment. A triple Genesis album - nice! Best of all was a hug from my two nieces!

dunbrake
26-Dec-10, 22:33
I got a lovely surprise, my son and his girlfriend got engaged in Australia, so better get the Aussie Wedding Fund started !!

David Banks
26-Dec-10, 23:10
I got a pair of comfy slippers, but was disappointed when the left one was tight -- and I would have to wait to get an exchange.

A little later, I explored the recepticle for my larger foot and found paper stuffed into the toe.
I was blonde as a kid !

Dadie
27-Dec-10, 00:01
I love my sleepsuit..not for sleeping in but for the unexpected up at night things..its too cosy for sleeping in and I found myself (well hubby did) wandering in the middle of the night trying to cool down a bit(I sleepwalk sometimes):eek:
But really comfy and toastie warm!

dancingtaz13
27-Dec-10, 00:51
My mum booked a room for 2 nights at the Macdonald Hotel in Aviemore for myself, partner and daughter for the weekend of the Husky Racing next month..... total surprise!! :D

emszxr
27-Dec-10, 09:44
i got my new wellies and socks and dvds i asked for. also got a very lovely perfume. and my most unexpected and my favourite gift is kat von d's book. love it xx

Chrisf1961
27-Dec-10, 10:03
My brother gave me a Revell model kit of the 1969 lunar landing module, that will go with the Saturn V rocket kit I bought last month. :)

Im so jealous ! im a moon landing nut Joxville,i even have the 3 great men on my computer as a screensaver! lol My wife bought me a lot of moon goodies this christmas.....i might have a look on Ebay for the models lol.

joxville
27-Dec-10, 12:21
Im so jealous ! im a moon landing nut Joxville,i even have the 3 great men on my computer as a screensaver! lol My wife bought me a lot of moon goodies this christmas.....i might have a look on Ebay for the models lol.

You MUST get them, the rocket stands about 3' 9" high though I haven't built mine yet. Both are made by Revell, released to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the moon landings.

cherokee
27-Dec-10, 13:48
My OH got a DVD he's been wanting for over 30 years, but could never find a copy of it. (canna find the "smilies" at this point, LOL!) :)

An extremely kind and thoughtful "Orger", on here, burnt a copy for him on Christmas Eve and..............delivered it personally to our door on Christmas Day !

I'd never met this gentleman before, but he drove over 20 miles, in hideous road conditions, on Christmas Day and didn't ask anything for it !!!!!!!!!

I've been calling him "Santa Claus" ever since - how kind and generous is that ?? !!!!!!!!:Razz:Razz

God Bless You !! XX

Liz
27-Dec-10, 13:50
My OH got a DVD he's been wanting for over 30 years, but could never find a copy of it. (canna find the "smilies" at this point, LOL!)

An extremely kind and thoughtful "Orger", on here, burnt a copy for him on Christmas Eve and..............delivered it personally to our door on Christmas Day !

I'd never met this gentleman before, but he drove over 20 miles, in hideous road conditions, on Christmas Day and didn't ask anything for it !!!!!!!!!

I've been calling him "Santa Claus" ever since - how kind and generous is that ?? !!!!!!!!

What a wonderful thing to do! Well done Santa.:D

Liz
27-Dec-10, 13:51
Cherokee I forgot to say that to get smilies you need to click on 'Go Advanced' when you reply.:D

cherokee
27-Dec-10, 13:56
:)Thank you Liz !!!:cool::cool:

trix
27-Dec-10, 14:34
aw...brilliant liz, thanks again!

i got rakes o' stuff.....too much really. ma main pressy wis a great beeg jewellery box, it comes up to ma waist almost!! ma mither an faither spoilt me rotten...i am definately 'e pet lek!!

also got lots o' cool stuff fie ma guid freends miranda an floyedy, thanks girls...i wis really overwhelmed - am definately gona use ma herbs an oils miranda....an thanks for 'team jacob' :cool: an ma new car moose.

an floyedy, tell kyle i love ma charm bracelet an will hev great fun writin oot ma spells wi ma witch pen :cool:

all ma stuff is still sittin under ma tree an am gona hev great fun sortin it oot an findin new homes....i got a cool pink hip flask fie ma brither, il be keepin 'at in ma sock on special occasions....

'e list goes on an on.....

anither cool pressy i got, choost before christmas was 2 weeks booked in febuary for greece baby!!! athens look oot...here comes trix :cool: