PDA

View Full Version : If Men Got Pregnant

Billy Boy
17-Aug-06, 10:40
If Men Got Pregnant:

Maternity leave would last two years, with full pay.

There would be a cure for stretch marks.

Natural childbirth would become obsolete.

Morning sickness would rank as the nation's #1 health problem.

All methods of birth control would be 100% effective.

All children would be kept in the hospital until toilet trained.

Men would be eager to talk about commitment.

They wouldn't think twins were so cute.

Sons would have to be home from dates by 10:00 pm.

Briefcases would be used as diaper bags.

Paternity suits would be a fashion line of clothes.

They'd stay in bed during the entire pregnancy.

Restaurants would include ice cream and pickles as main entrees.

mccaugm
17-Aug-06, 10:55
:( SOOOOOO True!

candyfloss
17-Aug-06, 10:58
And each family would only have one child, don't think men would be too keen going threw labour and childbirth again [lol]

rockchick
17-Aug-06, 15:29
If men could get pregnant, access to abortion would be a sacrament.

Billy Boy
17-Aug-06, 18:06
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fss/cultres/events/archive/berlant/pregnant%20man.jpg

acameron
17-Aug-06, 18:37
Ok ladies, I admit that childbirth must smart a wee bit, but to say those things about guys and pregnancy is way off.
I myself have been pregnant for years and it doesnt bother me in the slightest. I do however get the odd craving for lager, curries and pies followed by the morning sickness, but I take it in my stride.
Since I have been pregnant, there has been a glow about me. I have been told that the glow is caused by eating too much seafood that was caught from dounreay shores, but I dont believe that.
I have noticed that my nipples are getting awful sore, but I dont think that is anything to do with pregnancy, I think I shouldnt wear those clamps so tight.
I am thinking of having a natural childbirth, Or maybe even one of those waterworld births, where you give birth sliding down a flume. I havent decided yet.
I have been told that I am expecting triplets, but they are not all same sex, they will be one of each.
If anyone wants to buy me a present when the bairn is born, I think they want the new playsation3.
In mans response to the beginning of this thread, men could breeze through pregnancy.

;)

Billy Boy
17-Aug-06, 18:57
Ok ladies, I admit that childbirth must smart a wee bit, but to say those things about guys and pregnancy is way off.
I myself have been pregnant for years and it doesnt bother me in the slightest. I do however get the odd craving for lager, curries and pies followed by the morning sickness, but I take it in my stride.
Since I have been pregnant, there has been a glow about me. I have been told that the glow is caused by eating too much seafood that was caught from dounreay shores, but I dont believe that.
I have noticed that my nipples are getting awful sore, but I dont think that is anything to do with pregnancy, I think I shouldnt wear those clamps so tight.
I am thinking of having a natural childbirth, Or maybe even one of those waterworld births, where you give birth sliding down a flume. I havent decided yet.
I have been told that I am expecting triplets, but they are not all same sex, they will be one of each.
If anyone wants to buy me a present when the bairn is born, I think they want the new playsation3.
In mans response to the beginning of this thread, men could breeze through pregnancy.

;)

lol an here was me thinking you had just over eaten on the pie's, you'll have to see the boss about gettin those maternity bib an brace for work an a set o slip on safety boots :lol:

oh and a nearly forgot you should see about gettin a bra for those man boobs

Bingobabe
17-Aug-06, 19:28
OMG men having babies You would hear the screams from CGH miles away [lol]

Woolie
17-Aug-06, 20:20
LOL remeber a teacher at school saying if a man had the first and the woman had the second there would never be a third how true is that.:lol:

sam
17-Aug-06, 21:11
if men had to give birth, we would soon become extinct :lol: :lol:

bigjjuk
18-Aug-06, 09:48
As a gent i must state that your guess work at men not being able to cope with childbirth, is totally untrue. I stubbed my toe this morning and it only hurt for like ten mins, so whats 36 hours of labour and something the size of a small melon coming out of your body.....not much more pain im sure :). In the guys defence, the bonus for having babies is not having to work anymore and enjoying your 2 hour coffee sessions everyday. Come on girls we know if you had a choice of work all day, or work at your own leisure at home while chatting with your friends and drinking coffe and catching neighbours. We know which one u would pick, id pick the same too. Oh and before you say it, i do as much housework as my wife and do my fair share of cooking too.

But you are right it must hurt i seen it with my own eyes and your girlies are sooooo brave

rockchick
18-Aug-06, 11:28
<snip> Come on girls we know if you had a choice of work all day, or work at your own leisure at home while chatting with your friends and drinking coffe and catching neighbours. <snip>

If you think that staying at home with kid(s) is less work than "real" work you are sorely mistaken my friend. Depending on your temperment, it can be the hardest job you'd ever do. The isolation and boredom of being a stay-at-home mom can drive someone around the bend, not to mention the lack of respect one gets from people with "real" jobs. For someone who's really into kiddies it can be a dream job, but not all of us with X-chromosomes are into kids, and for those it can be a nightmare.

And yes, I am speaking from experience...I went from working 14-hour days getting paid top dollar, to staying at home full-time with only a 3-year-old to worry about. Hardest thing I've ever done, but I have to say the most worthwhile.

bigjjuk
18-Aug-06, 12:21
hi Rock chick

I never once stated that housework isnt hard work, i know from experience that housework is very hard indeed and with two kids running around causing mayhem its even harder, i have done this too. I was merely pointing out the choice, If you thought i didnt think that a housewifes work isnt hard then i apologise for putting that thought into your head.

Billy Boy
18-Aug-06, 12:44
both my wife & myself work full time and have a daughter who has just started school, I work days and until recently my wife worked nights and weekends so that we didnt need to have a child minder, she has since changed job so that she to can have quality time with our daughter and as a family we both do our fair share of the housework and looking after our daughter and neither of which we can honestly say is hard work.

how can keeping your house clean be hard work??

my daughter often has up to 6 of her pals over at the same time to play and although they can make a fair mess it doesnt take that long to tidy up and isnt exactly hard manual work either, The hardest part to put up with is the noise, so maybe it is just us but we fail to see how people say that housework and kids are hard work.:confused:

connieb19
18-Aug-06, 14:26
I think single parents who also work full time have the hardest job of all.