PDA

View Full Version : Aa are useless

susan hutchinson
25-Dec-10, 16:39
Hi got a bit stuck this mornin pulled in to far and back wheel went into ditch dopey i know have to say the aa wasnt up to muchgot cut off twice then took 45 mins just to answer phone really arrogant bloke rung back nearly 2 hours latter sayin finding it hard to recover me cos im in caithness why do thay take money going with insurence recovery next time cant be any worse.

sids
25-Dec-10, 17:08
It's not hard in Caithness at all. They just send Gordon Richard or George Durrand.

wickblast
25-Dec-10, 17:25
Hi got a bit stuck this mornin pulled in to far and back wheel went into ditch dopey i know have to say the aa wasnt up to muchgot cut off twice then took 45 mins just to answer phone really arrogant bloke rung back nearly 2 hours latter sayin finding it hard to recover me cos im in caithness why do thay take money going with insurence recovery next time cant be any worse.i was with them for 10 years and never used them once .wipers on van broke last weekend on van thay would not come out to thurso on a friday night at 5 oclock thay offerd a taxi to wick?not good enough so i canciled my membership thay refunded so much into my account . why pay when thay cant provide the cover in caithness total waist of time

billmoseley
25-Dec-10, 18:21
you have to remember they aren't just dealing with breakdowns and cold weather problems at the moment. there are all the drunks and alcoholics that they have to listen to as well. [lol]

bekisman
25-Dec-10, 19:01
The best - they don't have a couple of patrols covering a vast area, they make use of most garages; VERY VERY GOOD!

http://www.autonational.co.uk/

poppett
26-Dec-10, 00:50
I am with autonational rescue and can highly recommend them. They have a discount if you don`t call them out during a 12 month contract, also an additional vehicle has a substantial discount offered too. UK call centre and no problems with changing vehicles or call outs.

joxville
26-Dec-10, 02:32
The AA? Okay, here goes:

Monday 20th @ 8.45 am, defrost car and attempt to pull away, car lurched and wouldn't move forward or backwards. I got out and see I have a flat tyre, after much swearing and emptying of boot of emergency shovel, road salt etc I try to change the wheel....notice on jacking the car up slightly that a coil spring has broken, part of it lying under the car. I phone local garage where I always get it serviced, they don't have a breakdown vehicle but tell me my AA membership will get them out to tow it the garage. My AA membership is done via the premier account I have with Lloyds TSB so I call the helpine and get patched through to the AA at 9.30, they are 'extremely busy' and can't promise a time, fair enough I think, the weather is harsh. I phone again about 2pm, they still can't give me a time for a van to reach me. I ask "can I get a van out tomorrow because my garage closes at 5pm?", the woman gave me a time slot of 10am-noon Tuesday.

The van arrives spot on 10am. Driver can't take it, told me all four wheels have to be on the ground for him to tow it and because the spring has broken so that a piece of it is sticking into the tyre, even changing to the spare is no use, he called in and asked for a truck to be sent to pick up the car. I phone AA again at 2.20pm, given a time of 4.15 for a truck, that time came and went. I allowed for rush hour and weather, called the AA at 5.50pm, told there was no truck in my area and they don't know when one would be with me! I'm mightily pee'd off, the estate the garage is on closes it's security barriers at 7pm. I ask for it to be with me early next morning because I can't take a third day off work, given Wed 7am-7.30am slot. That time passed too. [evil]

I call the AA at 10am, told them I've left car unlocked with spare key hidden in it, take it to the garage asap because they close early for Christmas and don't re-open until 4th Jan. The garage owner calls me at 12.30pm about non-arrival of car and to inform they were now closing. I phone the AA only to be told that all the times I was given were wrong, they never give time slots for a truck lift, all they do is give a 24hr window. I'm raging by this point, tell them the service is awful and that they employ liars. The woman is apologetic but can't help me much more; I tell her to cancel the uplift, instead I want the car collected 4th Jan, I'd rather it outside my house where I can see it and can give the engine a few 5 minute runs. The woman can't put in a slot that far ahead, I have to call back in the new year.

Ten minutes after that call, the AA phones me and said a truck is on it's way because they've had a cancellation in my area!!! I told the woman where to go and what to do when she got there. I've called Lloyds to inform them of the hassle I've had, they will 'look into it'. I'm still waiting for the results.

I'll see what happens next week when I call, however I don't hold out much hope.

Vistravi
26-Dec-10, 11:42
I can't mind of the top of my head who my partner was with last year but they were very good.
We had a long wheel based transit van last year when we lived in ness and due to issues it had we had to call them out a couple of times to get her going. One of these times was when his parents came to see us when they were picking up my partners aunt from the train station.
We had left the van up north for a couple of weeks and though it has two keys and both lock the van only one key unlocks it.
But anyway we put all his aunt's gear she had in the van when we had parked it near the city centre, locked it and went to have dinner in our faviourite restaurant. A meal much enjoyed and later we went back to the van. My partner tries to unlock it. Can you guess which key he didn't have? :lol:
It was very funny at the time and its something my partner's dad won't live down as it was him who said both keys worked lol.
We never bothered to lock it ourselves as well if they really wanted it then they were getting more than they bargained for lol. Besides we never had anything in it worth stealing. So this time was the first time we knew we had been given the wrong key and left the right key up north as a spare lol.
We did eventually get back in the van after waiting an hour for breakdown cover and another hour for him to get the van open.
It was a funny, good time. I do wish the last time we had problems with a car it had been a good time and not a scary time.