PDA

View Full Version : Calor Gas

Kevin Milkins
24-Dec-10, 19:26
I have a Calor gas heater that I use in my shed and with this cold spell it's been working overtime..:eek:

I have a technical question that I hope someone in the know could advise me on.
When the bottle runs out and needs changing there still seems to be some left in it, (when you shake it, it sounds and feels like still some liquid within).

I checked the regulator on the heater, but no means of making any adjustments there and I was wondering if this is common, or is there an adjustment to be made on the heater so the last bit of gas can be used up?

steeko
24-Dec-10, 21:36
The Calor gas heaters we use at work do the exact same thing.

Tugmistress
25-Dec-10, 09:37
I found that out too, but i also found that when it first runs out, give the bottle a shake and it will work again, i did this two or three times and it does use the rest of the gas in the bottle.

northener
25-Dec-10, 11:52
If you increase the pressure, you'll get the remaining fuel out.

The easiest way is to light a bonfire and place the Calor gas bottle in the middle. The contents will eventually expand.......

:Razz

Kevin Milkins
25-Dec-10, 13:22
If you increase the pressure, you'll get the remaining fuel out.

The easiest way is to light a bonfire and place the Calor gas bottle in the middle. The contents will eventually expand.......

:Razz

Thanks for the replies.

That's not as mad as it sounds, northener.

I have just changed a bottle and brought the one I removed into the house and put it near to the radiator to warm up.

I will keep you posted when I put it back on later, (unless you hear a big bang first):eek::lol:

bekisman
25-Dec-10, 14:47
When ours gets low, pour a kettle of 'warm' water over it to juice it up