DOH!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6yX70Ce9VY

annemarie482
24-Dec-10, 01:05
[lol][lol][lol]
aye it takes allsorts.....

brandy
24-Dec-10, 01:05
saying that.. they saw she was in need of help and decided to just video her instead of trying to help..

Scarybiscuits03
24-Dec-10, 01:45
I have a bmw - got stuck in the snow on Monday night - and dug out the BACK WHEELS!!!!!...we're not all blonde!!! :lol:

Gronnuck
24-Dec-10, 08:25
It’s a sad refection on society when people seem to enjoy humiliating others on You Tube. Whatever happened to the good Samaritans of the world?

lasher
24-Dec-10, 08:50
It’s a sad refection on society when people seem to enjoy humiliating others on You Tube. Whatever happened to the good Samaritans of the world?
If you ask me she deserves it for being so bloody stupid!!

spaceddaisy
24-Dec-10, 09:21
I agree. Instead of filming and laughing at her they should have offered to help. I'd never have gotten out of my street yesterday if it hadn't been for my lovely neighbours pushing my car out. That's what people should be doing.

I've seen men do things that are equally stupid but I doubt you'd see a video with the title BMW+man+snow etc. Sexist nonsense.

Ricco
24-Dec-10, 09:22
I have a bmw - got stuck in the snow on Monday night - and dug out the BACK WHEELS!!!!!...we're not all blonde!!! :lol:

Well done, dear. BTW - she was dark brunette.

Personally, I don't think its anything to do with being blonde or a woman. It is the way that women are raised to believe that they cannot do anything technical. I am training Mrs R to do these things herself and she is doing rather well.

hunter
24-Dec-10, 09:50
I've seen plenty males last few days who aint got a clue about how to drive in snow. The twit here is the idiot giggling at someone else's misfortune.

bekisman
24-Dec-10, 09:52
I've seen plenty males last few days who aint got a clue about how to drive in snow. The twit here is the idiot giggling at someone else's misfortune.
schadenfreude

ducati
24-Dec-10, 09:54
Well done, dear. BTW - she was dark brunette.

Personally, I don't think its anything to do with being blonde or a woman. It is the way that women are raised to believe that they cannot do anything technical. I am training Mrs R to do these things herself and she is doing rather well.

Was that comment followed by a clang on the back of the heid with a frying pan? (female weapon of choice I believe). :mad:

_Ju_
24-Dec-10, 10:10
If you ask me she deserves it for being so bloody stupid!!

Really? I thought she was being pretty resourceful considering no one was helping.

orkneycadian
24-Dec-10, 10:22
Up till the point she got out with it in gear, and it pointing at a building, she was actually doing better than the vast majority of folk I have seen driving in snow this last month or so.

For a start, she has grasped the concept of rocking a car that is stuck, as opposed to spinning the wheels as much as possible. I have had to help quite a few folk this last wee while that were stuck that had no idea what you were on about when you ask them to rock the car while you push. They seem to think they are helping by digging 2 holes in the snow for the driving wheels to settle into, whilst you develop a hernia....

With any luck, in this video, more damage was done to the chump with the video cameras house than was done to the car!

bekisman
24-Dec-10, 10:52
Well tomorrow we're off to visit a friend - staying over on Christmas Day night too..

Mrs Beks is driving, she's none to keen on the snow and ice. She's not a bad driver - well she does drive confidently round the Arc de Triomphe, and quite content on the German Autobahn rolling along in excess of 100 mph. She's only had one speeding ticket in 43 years of driving; doing 38 in a 30 mph zone in Lancashire - middle of the night, wide open road...

Because of various injuries etc I'm no longer permitted to drive, so it's Mrs Beks turn in the snow, but we've purchased a set of 'snow socks' - those fabric things that slip over the driving wheels.. we're quite snowed in here, so tomorrow will be interesting to see how it goes, as our friends house too, is snowed in and well off the main road..

Will produce a report (as I've had number of PM's asking to give an opinion)..;)

Anfield
24-Dec-10, 12:33
I am reminded of another thread on here:

One night, at 11:30 p.m., an older African American
Woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway
Trying to endure a lashing rain storm. Her car had
Broken down and she desperately needed a ride.
Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car.
A young white man stopped to help her, generally
Unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960's. The man
Took her to safety, helped her get assistance and
Put her into a taxicab.

for rest of story see 5 lessons on how we treat people (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=131344)

MISS K
24-Dec-10, 14:03
i too have spent the past week...helping people out getting their cars unstuck...yes stopping them making it worse..etc etc
but i was left gobsmacked the other day when i was helping a woman get her car going again which caused cars to end up blocking her in front and back..so myself and my daughter tried to stop cars from coming in and making an even bigger tailback...i approached the first gentlemen and asked him to start reversing back...i walked up to the 2nd gentleman who was revving and clearly getting hacked of waiting (i might add that id spent 20 minutes at this point helping the lady who was stuck ) for him to drive straight in front of me mount the kerb and deep snow..........AND GET STUCK.....ah there is a god..you see im blonde and took great satisfaction in telling him..you got yourself there..get yourself out..i spent the next 20 minutes trying to get cars moving...not sit in my nice warm car watching..like a good ten people were doing MOST OF THEM MEN!!!!!!!

orkneycadian
24-Dec-10, 14:40
One lass I was trying to help the other week, was spinning her wheels so much they were steaming profusely! :roll: She couldn't understand what she was doing wrong....

Took a further 20 minutes to dig her out of the holes she un-necessarily made!

Bazeye
24-Dec-10, 14:50
I'm keeping out of this one as I cant drive. Never needed to really and what youve never had you dont miss.

SunnyChick
24-Dec-10, 16:02
I would have helped her, whilst laughing, but I still would have helped!

upolian
24-Dec-10, 16:05
If it was a male that had done this id have titled it bmw + male etc....

It's not about the gender or make of car....it just happens to be a bmw and a female:Razz

I have to agree though,you just wouldn't watch somebody struggle to move their car...karma bit back and drove into his house though[lol]

cemmts
24-Dec-10, 16:09
http://i54.tinypic.com/2d1mqdz.jpg

Ricco
24-Dec-10, 17:00
Was that comment followed by a clang on the back of the heid with a frying pan? (female weapon of choice I believe). :mad:

LOL! No, its just that I won't be around for ever and she needs to learn these things. Also, I would be happier knowing that she knows how to get herself out of trouble in ice and snow. Last year it took her 6 hours to do a 25 minute journey.

Ricco
24-Dec-10, 17:01
http://i54.tinypic.com/2d1mqdz.jpg

Isn't a Beemer rear wheel drive?? :eek:

upolian
24-Dec-10, 20:49
Isn't a Beemer rear wheel drive?? :eek:

Was it you that crashed into the house[lol][lol]

Vistravi
26-Dec-10, 12:09
Thought she was doing well untill she got out leaving it in gear. Seen alot of people just burn their tyres out trying to get out. She at least was doing the right thing by rocking it.

The idiots could have helped give her a push. Obviously didn't want to go out in the cold [disgust]

juniper
26-Dec-10, 12:48
People should stand back and think before they post comments like that:confused

GuitarHero
27-Dec-10, 02:11

Don't you just love the way most people nowadays always make reference to being "blonde" when something stupid or dozy happens to a person, even if it's a brunette woman that has done or said the stupid thing in question? Quit being stereotypical and get it through your thick skull that everybody at one point in their life does something stupid regardless of gender or hair colour.

Vistravi
27-Dec-10, 12:01
It really comes down to what the person knows.
The lass in the video obviously did not know to dig out her back wheels as she may not have known it was rear wheel drive. One of my close friends does not know what kind of drive her car is so not everyone does. I'm not so hot on knowing myself but thats a work in progress. My partner seems to know what car, model and who made it just by the sound of the car lol.
She did know to rock it to get out and she'd have got out eventually after more digging and rocking if she hadn't left it in gear when she got out to dig it out more. A mistake that hopefully didn't lead to much damage.

orkneycadian
27-Dec-10, 12:11
... she'd have got out eventually after more digging and rocking if she hadn't left it in gear when she got out to dig it out more.

Not a lot there to dig. Looks like it was the camber on the road that was keeping her from getting underway. Once she got over the crown, she was away then (unfortunately for her...)