PDA

View Full Version : Christmas lights

highland red
23-Dec-10, 19:19
Has anyone else noticed that there appears to be an awful lot of vehicles around with defective lights? Perhaps it's just a bit more apparent since the snow/ice/fog etc that we have been incurring.

Having said that: this is probably THE time to ensure your lights are in good order.;)

lindsaymcc
23-Dec-10, 19:37
I dont know about defective, but having driven back from Wick yesterday in thick fog, I was amazed at the number of vehicles with no lights at all!

Gronnuck
23-Dec-10, 20:42
I dont know about defective, but having driven back from Wick yesterday in thick fog, I was amazed at the number of vehicles with no lights at all!

It's a trait that Caithness drivers learn early on; with a bit of practice they can even drive in the dark wearing a blindfold. Advanced Caithness drivers can also multi-task; eat a pot noodle while speaking on their mobile phone. It keeps the kids quiet too - they're busy cowering on the floor, ;).

Mind take care, try to be safe and keep warm.

Ricco
24-Dec-10, 09:27
I agree - people with only one light; no brake lights; one light pointing higher so that it blinds you, etc.

I do wish the police would pick up on this - if these people are not bothered about their lights.... what else have they not bothered with?