PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr Taxi Driver....

SunnyChick
23-Dec-10, 15:10
Dear Mr Taxi Driver,

Grey Car, 1200hrs today. Didn't catch your name on your top-of-car sign, being that you had snow on the roof!

Perhaps you didn't see me, (despite my lights being on).

Perhaps you also did not see the passing place (cleared of snow and ready for use) because you failed to use it.

Your rapid approach gave me no option but to GET OUT OF THE WAY...

Which left me banked me into snow drift, balancing on the edge of a very deep ditch. :mad:

I can't repeat the exact words I shouted in my rearview mirror as you departed without so much as a backwards glance!

Just as well Scarfskerry is a lovely village with caring, residents, neighbours and friends who CARE! UNLIKE YOU! Hope Santa brings you excatly what you deserve!

BIG HUGE thanks to the hero of the hour a bottle of red is on it's way to you! :D

Fran
23-Dec-10, 16:26
How frightening for you, good job you were not in an isolated area.Thank goodness you got help.
I think a lot of taxi drivers go too fast, always in a hurry for the next fare.I don't know how some of them get a taxi licence.

SunnyChick
23-Dec-10, 18:41
Thanks Fran,

It wasn't too bad as it all happened in slow motion - I was just crawling along, he just didn't give me any room, and I didn't want his car to hit me!

Thankfully there doesn't appear to be any damage.

It's also the second time this year the tow bar has saved our car!

This summer it took the impact when some lass drove into the back of us and today it helped when I needed to be pulled out backwards. :lol: So every car should have one!