PDA

View Full Version : Taxi to Inverness?

KCI
22-Dec-10, 22:00
Does anyone know how much a taxi to Inverness would cost, and if any local firms would be willing to do it in this weather?

Desperately need to know asap. :eek:

Kodiak
22-Dec-10, 22:08
A friend of mine took a Taxi to Inverness at the end of October and it Cost him then, £120.00. That was with Jack's Taxi on 07951842187.

KCI
22-Dec-10, 22:10
Thanks Kodiak.

Much appreciated.

Garnet
22-Dec-10, 22:10
Try Miller's on 01955606464, one of them was down there yesterday, as for cost, don't know that bit, but ring them and ask. good luck.:) G.

Droopy
22-Dec-10, 22:12
Does anyone know how much a taxi to Inverness would cost, and if any local firms would be willing to do it in this weather?

Desperately need to know asap. :eek:

Eh..well phone them, desperately....

KCI
22-Dec-10, 22:17
Yeah, thanks Droopy - I just wanted to see if anyone could give me a rough idea of the cost before I make a fool of myself on the phone. No point asking them if I can't afford it! :roll:

Droopy
22-Dec-10, 22:24
Yeah, thanks Droopy - I just wanted to see if anyone could give me a rough idea of the cost before I make a fool of myself on the phone. No point asking them if I can't afford it! :roll:

I dont think for a minute a taxi company would consider you making a fool of yourself by saying you couldnt afford the fare to Inverness. Coming on here to find out what it might cost when you need to know ASAP might however make you look a fool to some.;)

bekisman
22-Dec-10, 22:27
Don't worry about it KCI, he's not very helpful in these situations ;)

peedie man
22-Dec-10, 22:31
i always thought this was the best place to find out things

bekisman
22-Dec-10, 22:34

It certainly is, as was shown by the Trains/Alternative Transport thread

Droopy
22-Dec-10, 22:35

Aye, we're all experts on everything on here! :lol:

changilass
22-Dec-10, 22:37
It it peedie man, you just have to be able to weed out the irrelevant replies.

That is a lot more diplomatic that what I first typed.(preview post is a good thing)

Droopy
22-Dec-10, 22:42
Don't worry about it KCI, he's not very helpful in these situations ;)

Bekisman I beg to differ:)!

KCI needed to know ASAP if a taxi firm would be prepared to take someone to Inverness and how much it would cost. I gave the most concise help I could give which would give KCI the most definative, reliable and prompest answer to his/her dilema.;)

bekisman
22-Dec-10, 22:47
Bekisman I beg to differ:)!

KCI needed to know ASAP if a taxi firm would be prepared to take someone to Inverness and how much it would cost. I gave the most concise help I could give which would give KCI the most definative, reliable and prompest answer to his/her dilema.;)

Oh I see, I must apologise ;) to you too.. (merry Christmas)

welsh-witch
22-Dec-10, 22:50
yes i thought so too:Razz

KCI
22-Dec-10, 22:51
Droopy - as long as I don't end up looking as foolish as you, I don't need to worry. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you.

As it happens, this was the best place to ask, and I have been given all the answers I need - from very helpful orgers.

Walter Ego
22-Dec-10, 22:52
Its about £135 on the meter to the train station from Wick. Normally if you ask for a price in advance you can get it for around £110-120 from the Wick taxis.

Thats what it was when I did it a few months ago.

shazzap
22-Dec-10, 22:53

It is. you ask away.:)
SOME ONE seems to be trying to get a rise from others.:mad:
Treat them with the contempt they deserve.[lol]

Thumper
23-Dec-10, 08:58
Droopy - as long as I don't end up looking as foolish as you, I don't need to worry. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you.

As it happens, this was the best place to ask, and I have been given all the answers I need - from very helpful orgers.

It is indeed a very good place to ask,I even heard that SOMETIMES (sarcasm intended lol)taxi drivers read these pages,and may even be helpful enough to answer your query,unlike some others on here......
ps-good luck hope you get there safely x

Droopy
23-Dec-10, 09:37
It is indeed a very good place to ask,I even heard that SOMETIMES (sarcasm intended lol)taxi drivers read these pages,and may even be helpful enough to answer your query,unlike some others on here......
ps-good luck hope you get there safely x

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=779708#post779708 [lol]

(Sarcasm intended lol)

bekisman
23-Dec-10, 09:46
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=779708#post779708 [lol]

You're getting into a habit here, that's twice you've put in that totally, and useless, unhelpful link (to your totally and unhelpful post) - if you can't contribute with any (helpful) suggestions why bother posting? [lol]

Droopy
23-Dec-10, 09:56
You're getting into a habit here, that's twice you've put in that totally, and useless, unhelpful link (to your totally and unhelpful post) - if you can't contribute with any (helpful) suggestions why bother posting? [lol]

I would argue the OP has the information she needs now so why make any more of her dilema. Unless she revels in drama over nothing, surely the sensible thing would be to lock the thread.......

Shes had practical, expert and factual advice of some sort from every person whos posted.

She now knows the price of a taxi to Inverness.........:roll:

mums angels
23-Dec-10, 09:57

I'm sure it has been used more than twice, it's getting rather boring [lol] ;)

gleeber
23-Dec-10, 10:10
I'm sure it has been used more than twice, it's getting rather boring [lol] ;)

On the contrary. It's fascinating. :lol:

bekisman
23-Dec-10, 10:45
I would argue the OP has the information she needs now so why make any more of her dilema. Unless she revels in drama over nothing, surely the sensible thing would be to lock the thread.......

Shes had practical, expert and factual advice of some sort from every person whos posted.

She now knows the price of a taxi to Inverness.........:roll:

"Shes had practical, expert and factual advice of some sort from every person whos posted." - well there you are! ;)