PDA

View Full Version : Busses or Trains HELP!

Garnet
22-Dec-10, 20:23
I urgently need to travel to Inverness tomorrow and arrive no later than 2pm. I've been on to Scotrail and they say NO TRAINs tomorrow yet their site says the last train out today is delayed by less then an hour, so who do you believe, has anyone been on a train today or even seen one leave or arrive (Wick)? Then there's the bus....they say it's running but Berriedale scares me and depends on weather!! (naturally) so please someone...HELP.

billmoseley
22-Dec-10, 20:30
the x99s will be running tomorrow and rest assured your very safe.we take great care at all times

Garnet
22-Dec-10, 21:20
Thank-you Mr Billmosley, will you be driving then, I may feel even better!!!:lol::roll: Garnet.

Chrisf1961
22-Dec-10, 21:30
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-12060858

Certainly cant see the train running....no trains north of Lairg i believe .....

Garnet
22-Dec-10, 22:05
Gee Chris, that 'snow plow' looks like a wee toy, whatever happened to the ones they had years ago, they'd massive plows on the front of them and could fair shift the snow even in some of the worst cuttings and if not the 'trackmen' went out and dug the snow...but hey ho..who cares about up here as already been said on here. They also used to get unemployed men off the street to help! Anyway thanks for that, very interesting. G.:D

purplelady
23-Dec-10, 00:25
The buses are prefectly safe i was up and down to ness earlier this week and had no probs at all i did all winter last year and went down in the last lot of snow i have complete confidence in the drivers so do not worry xxxxxxxxxxx

Garnet
23-Dec-10, 02:41
Thank-you all for your very reassuring replies, (and xxxxxxxx's). so Ho, ho, ho and a very warm and happy christmas to you all...that's everyone, mods and all****(stars) :D :D. Garnet.

Chrisf1961
23-Dec-10, 09:50
Hi Garnet i could actually work out the pic of thye snowplough tbh ....yea i think network rail need bigger equipment up here,as you say many years ago they would have sorted stuff out no problems with bigger machines and men .

Dman
23-Dec-10, 11:12
bus drivers have been excellent throughout in these weather conditions, don't think they get enough credit for there efforts, well done guys