PDA

View Full Version : Loving home wanted

Commore
22-Dec-10, 17:24
Good home wanted for ten year old English Springer Spaniel.

Jed is ten years old, we have had him since he was one year old, he was adopted.
We were led to believe he is a pedigree, however, we have no papers for him.

We believe him to be healthy for his age, he is very active and would require a great deal of exercise,
Jed is the ultimate "peoples" friend, however, he has little time for other dogs and he only tolerates cats and he ignores all other animals.
With people,
Jed is a dream companion, he is very loving and loyal and will go to any length to please, he loves to be brushed and pampered, talked to and he gives his full attention by return,

We can no longer keep Jed, simply he has become disruptive to our other dogs, causing them much (and us) too much stress and as many of them are elderly we cannot allow this to continue, and therefore, we are seeking to rehome him.

Ideally, an energetic older couple with no other pets and with some time on their hands,

If you think you could become Jed's new family, please feel free to send a PM.

neepnipper
22-Dec-10, 17:46
Hi - I've sent you a pm.

Commore
22-Dec-10, 17:59
Hi - I've sent you a pm.
Yes, thank you and I shall make enquiry,

Commore
24-Dec-10, 19:52
Bumping up,
Jed is a loving little dog in need of a loving and secure home,
I might be "blacklisted in the eyes of many on this site" however, it is not the fault of the dog.

Liz
24-Dec-10, 20:22
Bumping up,
Jed is a loving little dog in need of a loving and secure home,
I might be "blacklisted in the eyes of many on this site" however, it is not the fault of the dog.

No blacklist I am sure and quite understand your reasons for rehoming. It was good of you to adopt Jed in the first place.

He sounds lovely and hope you find a good home for him soon. Have you put posters up in the Vets Surgeries?

Commore
24-Dec-10, 20:38
No blacklist I am sure and quite understand your reasons for rehoming. It was good of you to adopt Jed in the first place.

He sounds lovely and hope you find a good home for him soon. Have you put posters up in the Vets Surgeries?

No, I haven't but certainly appreciate the thought and as such shall make enquiry,
I thank you, for taking the time to make both comment and suggestion, and I wish you and yours all the very best for Christmas and the New year,
:)C

ShelleyCowie
24-Dec-10, 21:27
Jed sounds lovely! Would love to have a doggy but the poor thing would run away from the noise and hyperactivity in this house! :lol: Also a serious lack of space!

I really hope Jed finds a loving and caring home the same as you have already provided! Merry Christmas x :Razz

Commore
11-Jan-11, 18:37
The saga of Jed.........Bump

He is a proverbial pain in the posteria, he has driven me absolutely bonkers since the very first day I met him some nine years ago........he pesters everyone he meets wanting to play, he'll follow you anywhere and everywhere if he thinks you'll play.........
after I put him up for rehoming, he picked a fight with a much bigger dog, the dog was snowball, quiet living, gentle, soft snowy.......for the first time in nine years retalliated and Jed came off worse for wear, two nights before Christmas.

All I want for Christmas is my new front teeth suddenly had a brand new meaning, Jed had lost four front teeth,
after two courses of antibiotics, and painkillers Jed has had a reprieve (again).
The experience has had absolutely no effect on Jed,
he still ignores commands, he still growls at the other dogs, but he is ten years old and "one could be forgiven for thinking, perhaps the dog is senile" or just a plain and simple cantankerous old ??? swearyword.

For myself, I still think he is bonkers and he still drives me up the wall at times, my one and only New year Resolution this year is that never again will I have another
English Springer Spaniel, not even in a gift, as Jed was.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who offered advice and support on this thread and in addition I am closing the thread.

Cheers! All. :)