PDA

View Full Version : Earth tremor....?

Bazeye
22-Dec-10, 00:13
House just shook at 11.01 and was felt in Dalton, 5 miles away. Very strange.:eek:

Kodiak
22-Dec-10, 00:28
Could it be a Avalanche? :Razz

Fran
22-Dec-10, 00:42
Maybe snow falling off the roof.

chocolatechip
22-Dec-10, 00:42
There was a 3.6 earthquake in Cumbria! Just seen it as breaking news on Sky

Fran
22-Dec-10, 00:46
How frightening.

scorrie
22-Dec-10, 00:48
There was a 3.6 earthquake in Cumbria! Just seen it as breaking news on Sky

Yes, it was reported as a "small tremor" and then immediately sexed up to an "Earthquake" of 3.6 magnitude.

Maccy
22-Dec-10, 18:21
Pity the ground didn't open up a swallow the whole of Cumbria.[lol] [lol] [lol]

upolian
22-Dec-10, 20:07
Pity the ground didn't open up a swallow the whole of Cumbria.[lol] [lol] [lol]
looooooooool

billmoseley
22-Dec-10, 20:32
cumbria is a stunning place and a great place to holiday

Bazeye
22-Dec-10, 21:50
cumbria is a stunning place and a great place to holiday

Didnt realise you'd visited Barrow. :lol:

scottydog
22-Dec-10, 22:20
yes house shuck @11.01 last night for about 15sec,, that was about it. kendal cumbria scottydog

ps cumbria not that Bad:lol:

Maccy
22-Dec-10, 22:20
Cumbria does has stunning scenery, walked all the fells several times. The only problem are most of the local inter-bread racist bigots that live their.
Then you have the nose in the air i have more money than you crowd.
So yes take these elements away and it is a truly remarkable place to VISIT but believe me you dont want to live their unless you are related to someone local.

changilass
22-Dec-10, 22:27
Cumbria is lovely.

Only been to Barrow once and that was to drop someone off on my way to morecambe.

Bliddy place is one of the few places where you have to go in and come out on the same road.

Normally you can get into places on one road and come out further down, not bliddy Barrow.

That was a couple of hours of my life I will never get back.

Its probably a really nice place, but after 8hrs stuck in a car it was the last thing I needed and I have to say my appreciation levels were set at very low.

scottydog
22-Dec-10, 22:29
Maccy sounds like you dont like the locals in the lakes/cumbria .
but i am not a (local inter-bread racist bigots ) and i have lived and worked in lakes all my life. :lol:
happy days

scottydog

bekisman
22-Dec-10, 22:31
Cumbria does has stunning scenery, walked all the fells several times. The only problem are most of the local inter-bread racist bigots that live their.
So yes take these elements away and it is a truly remarkable place to VISIT but believe me you dont want to live their unless you are related to someone local.

I'm fascinated by that. My Younger brother spends his annual holidays in Cumbria and has nothing but praise - where do you get your negative ideas on them from: seriously, I'm just interested :confused

ducati
22-Dec-10, 22:59
I'd say our own Barrow lad is a good indicator ;)

Bazeye
22-Dec-10, 23:50
Just been on the local news that the earthquake caused £5k improvement to Barrow town centre.:eek:

Bazeye
22-Dec-10, 23:53
[quote=Maccy;801862]Then you have the nose in the air i have more money than you crowd.quote]

Just because I've got considerably more money than yow.

Bazeye
22-Dec-10, 23:55
Its coz Im inter bread maan.

Blarney
23-Dec-10, 00:34
Which category do you fall into then, the 'local inter-bread racist bigots that live their' or the 'nose in the air .........' lot? You speculate an awful lot about the residents but don't have a decent thing to say about any of them. I suggest you knock that chip off your shoulder (and take some English lessons) before you slander a community which has already suffered so much this year.

divanp75
23-Dec-10, 16:01
Which category do you fall into then, the 'local inter-bread racist bigots that live their' or the 'nose in the air .........' lot? You speculate an awful lot about the residents but don't have a decent thing to say about any of them. I suggest you knock that chip off your shoulder (and take some English lessons) before you slander a community which has already suffered so much this year.

I try to visit Cumbria at least once a year to see fells (not The Fells as in walking but the native ponies of the region). It is my second favoriate place in the World. (Caithness is 1st) but I would not really like to live there as to get from one fells breeder to another you have to go onto the roads where people visiting The Lakes are :mad:. It is like a Ant nest....

It is a beautiful part of the world but humans spoil it for me and thats without talking to anyone to find out what type they are. :( However saying that the few people I know and visit there are Great and local :)

Diane

Maccy
23-Dec-10, 20:01

And what do you know about it all have you lived there. Well i have e marrer, or are you a gadgy. So dont start telling me about the born and inter bread locals because most of them can Evan speak English.
I have lived and worked/employed dozens of Cumbrian locals and know first hand how they think.
Nowadays i just speak my mind as i dont have to suck up to them or anyone else anymore.
So see is you can find that in your Good English Dictionary.

No offence intended but dont come on here slaking of someone you know nothing about with you perfect attitude.

Maccy
23-Dec-10, 20:06
As for my alleged comments, I believe i said most of the born and breed locals, and outsiders mainly from the far away south with the i am rich and know better than you attitude.

scorrie
24-Dec-10, 00:01
before you slander a community which has already suffered so much this year.

They didn't hold the X Factor there did they? ;)