PDA

View Full Version : Changing from courier to Royal mail?

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-10, 17:42
Well what a productive day iv had! Athruns presents came! delighted.

But, the courier company DPD are dealing with a more expesive present for my husband. I have been on the phone for total of 8 hours today with the company and now i have been reduced to tears for half an hour.

Online tracking says its in the Isle of Man, the helpdesk says they dont know whether its still there or on its way to Inverness.

She said i could pick it up when it arrived in Inverness, told her its over 100 miles away and i dont drive, so I asked if Royal Mail could take over and she said yes. But i first need to know where it is! They have no idea :~( So much for tracking systems?

So if i ever find out where it is how do i get it changed over to royal mail? I dont care how much it costs, i dont care if its here by Christmas. I just want to know that its in the hands of a company i know and trust!

Any help much appreciated! :~(

mums angels
21-Dec-10, 17:52
Well what a productive day iv had! Athruns presents came! delighted.

But, the courier company DPD are dealing with a more expesive present for my husband. I have been on the phone for total of 8 hours today with the company and now i have been reduced to tears for half an hour.

Online tracking says its in the Isle of Man, the helpdesk says they dont know whether its still there or on its way to Inverness.

She said i could pick it up when it arrived in Inverness, told her its over 100 miles away and i dont drive, so I asked if Royal Mail could take over and she said yes. But i first need to know where it is! They have no idea :~( So much for tracking systems?

So if i ever find out where it is how do i get it changed over to royal mail? I dont care how much it costs, i dont care if its here by Christmas. I just want to know that its in the hands of a company i know and trust!

Any help much appreciated! :~(

Tracking on two of my items this last couple of weeks have "gone" missing and no one knew where they were but both turned up the next day so there is hope .. often they go " missing " when they are on there way back up the road and have just bypassed being scanned in inverness .. hope this is the case for you

On the plus side item is for your hubby ... hes a grown up he will understand as long as the bairns have there pressies the grown ups can wait :)

Kodiak
21-Dec-10, 18:04
This is an interesting question and I do not know the answer.

I would suggest that you phone the Royal Mail Sorting Office in Thurso on 892476.

I think unless the company who is supposed to deliver the parcel has an agreement with Royal Mail then someone would need to pay for the delivery at Inverness. This is ONLY what I think, I do not know for sure. First thing rhough is to find out where your parcel is. :confused

I will try to get hold of my son and see if he knows but he is working non stop at present and when he gets home he is going straight to bed as he has early starts each day.

If I do get any info I will post here. Sorry not much help. :(

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-10, 19:15
Thanks Mr K but it seems to be found! Phew....i can calm down and stop crying now! Sap that i am! :roll: :lol:

It was in Preston at 1520 today but it missed the scan. They called all drivers to confirm if it was on their van, one lovely driver has it! :D Yippee!!

So....hopefully it makes its way up til bonney caithness! If it stops in Inverness i may be able to get someone to pick it up!

So im calm!

Thanks again tho Mr K! xx

Kodiak
21-Dec-10, 19:34
I will keep my fingers crossed for you Shelley. If I can contact my son I will still try and find out if parcel's can be handed over to Royal Mail or not. It would be interesting to find out.

If and when I get any info I will post.

locini
21-Dec-10, 20:02
Sent you a pm shelley

Chrisf1961
21-Dec-10, 20:08
oh it will fly up here Shelley,Prestons my home town and has one of the biggest mailing sorting centres in the country ....it will go to Inverness then to Aberdeen then back to Inverness however...wont tell you that story i got told off a postie tuther day :~(

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-10, 11:02
I have to say a massive thank you to Locini!!! Found out that Locini is waiting for a parcel from DPD aswell. Got contact number that AJG are taking over our parcels.

She gave me the number for AJG and i got through to a really nice lady who told me exactly where my delivery is! They will recieve it today in Inverness to be delivered to thurso tomorrow!

Thank you Locini!!! You have made me a very very happy person!!!! :Razz

Kodiak
22-Dec-10, 11:48
I am happy for you Shelley, AJG are reliable and you should get your parcel now.

Have a Very Merry Christmas :Razz

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-10, 12:06
I am happy for you Shelley, AJG are reliable and you should get your parcel now.

Have a Very Merry Christmas :Razz

Thanks Mr K! I was really happy to know where it was and that it was going to be in their hands very soon!

I even have the mobile number of the van driver who will be delivering it!

Merry Christmas to you and your family! xx