PDA

View Full Version : kind folk of caithness

young_fishin_neep
21-Dec-10, 15:57
would just like to thank Viking motors for gettin my car started this aftrenoon and would also like to thank the kind gentlemen that gave me a push when i got the car stuck outside the bank

tis nice to know theres some kind folk out there :)

x

upolian
21-Dec-10, 16:01
Excellent,some nice people still around :)

mums angels
21-Dec-10, 16:43
A neighbour and I had to push a fellow neighbour out of our street yesterday ..dont know where all the men went to:lol: but i was out there in my snow boots and minnie mouse PJ's looking a right odd one . So far i have seen many helpful folk out and about offering help to others its nice to see

Iffy
21-Dec-10, 16:48
We are very lucky to have lovely, kind and thoughtful neighbours here in Ackergill as well - always know I could turn to any of them for help when required! :)

Kodiak
21-Dec-10, 17:30
I had to go to the chiropodist this afternoon. Mrs Kodiak dig out our car and with the help of a neighbour I managed to drive down town.

The only thing was that I could not get parked anywhere near the Health Center in Davidsons Lane. In the end I had to park outside the Pentland Hotel.

I had no option to walk all the way up Princess Street to Davidsons Lane. This was not easy for me, not only for my bad legs but the pavement was solid Ice. At least I had my walking Stick so I stated the, (for me that is), long walk to the Health Center.

After 20 Minutes I was about 20 feet from the corner of Davidsons Lane when a Man stepped in front of me and said in a Booming Voice. "What do you think you are doing walking out in this weather"

I looked up and there was Dr Morris, I explained that I had an appointment that I could not miss with the chiropodist at the health center.

So he came round to my side, took my arm and said, "In that case I had better see that you get there safely" and he helped me all the way to the Health Center's door.

Thank you Dr Morris you saved me slipping and sliding all over the place as the worst part of the walk was the bit that you helped me with.

Tugmistress
21-Dec-10, 21:14
Thanks Neep :) just turned round from getting you started and a gentleman at the end of the road was struggling to get out of his drive, so i got out and gave him a push :) - and NO not with the bull bars lol

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-10, 22:17
I had to go to the chiropodist this afternoon. Mrs Kodiak dig out our car and with the help of a neighbour I managed to drive down town.

The only thing was that I could not get parked anywhere near the Health Center in Davidsons Lane. In the end I had to park outside the Pentland Hotel.

I had no option to walk all the way up Princess Street to Davidsons Lane. This was not easy for me, not only for my bad legs but the pavement was solid Ice. At least I had my walking Stick so I stated the, (for me that is), long walk to the Health Center.

After 20 Minutes I was about 20 feet from the corner of Davidsons Lane when a Man stepped in front of me and said in a Booming Voice. "What do you think you are doing walking out in this weather"

I looked up and there was Dr Morris, I explained that I had an appointment that I could not miss with the chiropodist at the health center.

So he came round to my side, took my arm and said, "In that case I had better see that you get there safely" and he helped me all the way to the Health Center's door.

Thank you Dr Morris you saved me slipping and sliding all over the place as the worst part of the walk was the bit that you helped me with.

That was really nice! Dr Morris is my favourite Dr and my husbands too! Such a nice man and very funny

Glad you got there safely Mr K.

And also Neep im glad there was folks to help you too!

I got home the other day from the church service, car stuck outside my house. A neighbour was already pushing and dug out the car then we both gave it a push. Dont like seeing people stuck! Sometimes i cant go out because hubby isnt here to watch kids but the people in my street are so helpful that there there is always someone to help!

John Little
21-Dec-10, 22:23
I have to say that as an adult, every time I have returned I have found nothing from Caithness folk but kindness, helpfulness and good nature.

sweetpea
21-Dec-10, 22:36
I have to nominate the boy who came with my coal today, he got stuck in the entry and had to get his boss to tow him out. He lugged 6 bags in for me then spent ages trying to get out. :(

young_fishin_neep
22-Dec-10, 13:05
Thanks Neep :) just turned round from getting you started and a gentleman at the end of the road was struggling to get out of his drive, so i got out and gave him a push :) - and NO not with the bull bars lol

Glad to hear you didnt use the bull bars,

it really is nice to know that caithness is a such a good comunity, back in the big old city were i lived before this you wouldnt have found this amount of kindness

neep x

Aaldtimer
23-Dec-10, 05:50
I have to say a big thank you to my OH's workmate Elaine and her b/f Bobbie for coming tonight and clearing our snowbound path and pavement!
They really are a couple of stars!
Muchos Gracias from this knackered old man!:)

wickscorrie
23-Dec-10, 08:46
i have to laugh at my lad and his cousin, we were out the other day and they were wishing for folk to be stuck so they could go and give them a shove out. (the joys of being 10 eh!)