PDA

View Full Version : miller academy

mum23boys
21-Dec-10, 11:49
Hi I have just heard the heating is going off at 11 due to some problem so you can collect children early :)

mums angels
21-Dec-10, 12:24
Thanks for that .. was going to post this myself now that i have treked home from the school . Doubt they will be open tomorow with the heating off it apparently needs parts ordered so looks like an extra long holiday for the kids

Katy
21-Dec-10, 13:35
Luckily a friend text me to tell me or i'd never know! Just went and got my girl from school and she is frozen to the bone! I think its terrible they haven't been in touch by now to say come get them!
I for one won't be putting her back tomorrow i'd rather her at home in the cosy warm :)
xx

mil1
21-Dec-10, 14:50
Thanks for this. Just been down to school for my kids. Workmen are there just now trying to fix heating.

mums angels
21-Dec-10, 16:39
I think in fairness the school was only informed of this after they had started the day as they only announced the kids could go home as the play was about to start and the school was plenty warm enough when i left it . I probably wont put my son back tomorow as he wont be doing lessons anyway and he was given all his stuff to take home with him anyway

lindsaymcc
21-Dec-10, 16:55
same here mums angels ..... girls came home with all their stuff, and told to take PE bags home too.

Im keeping the girls home now, too cold for them to be in school without heating and after hubby nearly breaking his neck walking them down today, its just not worth it!

edayhouse
21-Dec-10, 18:03
Keeping my two home from school now too. Its not safe and we are going to enjoy getting ready for Santa!

Mr & Mrs
22-Dec-10, 08:09
I am keeping mine off today and tomorrow from Miller. :lol:

The underfoot conditions is horrendous. [evil] Trying to cross at the Lollipop at Miller Academy is a task in itself.

mums angels
22-Dec-10, 08:45
I see that miller is open today and that church service will be in schoool tomorow .. Not getting my son up to go this morning due to personal reasons , he can go in later if he wants to. .had heard heating is fixed though

lindsaymcc
22-Dec-10, 08:52
still keeping the girls home today.... im going to let them enjoy the day, whilst I panic over other stuff!

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-10, 10:48
I see that miller is open today and that church service will be in schoool tomorow .. Not getting my son up to go this morning due to personal reasons , he can go in later if he wants to. .had heard heating is fixed though

Think i know your reasons, because i think i share the same one! Lol

Its even too cold for me even to go out my living room this morning! I know some people will say "its just cold" But its not. It is literally Freeeeeezin! Ice on the roads and paths are unacceptable! :eek:

mums angels
22-Dec-10, 11:43
Think i know your reasons, because i think i share the same one! Lol

Its even too cold for me even to go out my living room this morning! I know some people will say "its just cold" But its not. It is literally Freeeeeezin! Ice on the roads and paths are unacceptable! :eek:

LOL nothing to do with the cold .. wish it was :L was up all night trying to see what could be done for hubby as he is stuck in Africa and airline was saying that he wouldnt get to London till xmas morning so kids had been upset before bed and i was shattered so stayed in bed hehe . He has opted to go tomorow though he doesnt mind walking in this weather i actually think he quite likes it when hes all wrapped up