PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Road Conditions?

lindsaymcc
21-Dec-10, 10:05
Morning all!

Anyone know what the Thurso town roads are like today? Our road looks quite icy, but hoping to be able to get the car out today if possible! Dont want to risk the shopping and things I need to do if the roads are bad?

Thanks for any info!

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-10, 10:13
im just round the corner from u and its really icy! Freezing fog came in last night (was up feeding the wee one) and when i checked in on Athrun his bedroom temp was sitting at 12 degrees. [disgust] Thats with the heating on.

So its cold and v.icy! Take care out there.

I have to go out this afternoon for Jay-D to get his injections. I have no choice because they are already 4 weeks late!

lindsaymcc
21-Dec-10, 10:15
Hubby is just back from walking the girls to school - apparently the pavements are lethal! He is saying he is going to take the car as it is safer in the car than walking...... hmmmmm....... thats if he can get off Heathfield Road!

Girls have their Christmas show at school later, and hubby wants to go, so looks like ill be stuck at home anyway until after lunch.

poppett
21-Dec-10, 13:36
All the banked up snow has iced up now and the pavements in Thurso are lethal.

Tesco shop front is cleared under the walkway to the disabled bays, but are still like a sheet of ice.

Glad we put the effort into snow clearing yesterday round the paths, pavements and car, however the snowplough/gritter getting stuck on the hill yesterday afternoon meant the tracks he left from trying to get free have iced up and are too hard to break down the ruts making any manoever difficult. He didn`t even leave a trail of grit behind him and the top of the road is badly churned up.

Thorfinn, Bayview and Pennyland in general is in a poor condition, however our binmen made it round today, so full marks to them.

Vistravi
21-Dec-10, 22:48
im just round the corner from u and its really icy! Freezing fog came in last night (was up feeding the wee one) and when i checked in on Athrun his bedroom temp was sitting at 12 degrees. [disgust] Thats with the heating on.

So its cold and v.icy! Take care out there.

I have to go out this afternoon for Jay-D to get his injections. I have no choice because they are already 4 weeks late!

Aww if i'd known, we could have taken you down as we were out in the car this afternoon.

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-10, 00:13
Aww if i'd known, we could have taken you down as we were out in the car this afternoon.

Got a lift from my step dad. Mum came and watched Athrun, was only out for 15 mins or so. Straight down, straight back. Road conditions were absolutely awful down at the dr's surgery! Was petrified that Jay was being carried by ME! Clumsy person i am! Luckily i got in and out ok!