PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Scrooge

bagpuss
20-Dec-10, 23:23
Oh joy

I wanted to arrange Christmas gifts for two elderly relatives, and tried to place orders for them to be delivered straight from M&S (they like their knitwear)

All of a sudden Caithness and Perthshire were no longer in the UK- at least that was the message when i tried to process the order. then the awful truth hit- no orders being delivered to Scotland- due to the snow backlog.

Now consider this- lots of people who live in remote corners of the UK rely on internet shopping (and some of us who live a bit nearer and can never find their size in the store do so too)- and the weather has forced some of us to have to make contingency plans.

Bad weather means fewer people in the shops. it also means more folk shopping online. And of course for those whose goods are delayed, we have increased VAT come January.

Wonder how that's going to help the private sector help rescue the economy?

So let us consider- what sort of Scroogy gifts do we wish on those who blight our own festive season?

I'd like to see some of the Coalition Cabinet have to spend a night in a car on a snowbound motorway stuck in gridlock- and consider that top of their list of things not to cut should be local government gritters

Suggestions please?

Dadie
20-Dec-10, 23:28
I would like all their Christmas pressies to be routed through outer mongolia(must be quicker than delivery to Caithness)....and for the ones to turn up to have the boxes ripped and half the stuff missing!
The rest of the stuff to arrive in January...and when you look online or in the shops for it to be half price in the sales....thats what is going to happen to me!

Scarybiscuits03
20-Dec-10, 23:53
I would like all their Christmas pressies to be routed through outer mongolia(must be quicker than delivery to Caithness)....and for the ones to turn up to have the boxes ripped and half the stuff missing!
The rest of the stuff to arrive in January...and when you look online or in the shops for it to be half price in the sales....thats what is going to happen to me!

Aww Dadie - there are a few days yet, maybe ur gifts will arrive in time - a Xmas miracle!! Fingers X'd for ya!:D

greener
21-Dec-10, 00:33
I get the knitting Needles out :lol: