PDA

View Full Version : Driving North Tomorrow

Ash87
20-Dec-10, 19:59
Hey guys...

I'm hoping to drive up to Thurso from Aberdeenshire tomorrow - has anybody heard how the roads were today/predictions for tomorrow?? The A96 seemed alright late this afternoon..

Thanks! :)

billmoseley
20-Dec-10, 20:01
not to bad i think

changilass
20-Dec-10, 20:02
Just keep an eye on the live eye view here: http://trafficscotland.org/

Hope you have an uneventfull journey.

Scarybiscuits03
20-Dec-10, 20:04
We haven't had any snow so you should be ok if it holds off a bit longer!
My Oh is driving home tomorrow from London - so a big thaw would be nice now!!!!!

jim baxter
20-Dec-10, 20:05
MFR are good with giving regular road updates on road conditions from Aberdeen all the way up to Thurso

Ash87
20-Dec-10, 20:17
That's great, thanks everyone for the quick and helpful responses!

Scarybiscuits hope your OH has a safe drive! :)

Kodiak
20-Dec-10, 20:25
I hope you have a very pleasant and uneventful trip. :D

mums angels
20-Dec-10, 20:51
My brother was driving north from warrington today and no problems that i have heard from hes expected around 9pm . Friend came north last night from Edinburgh worst parts seemed to be brora north and a friend went to Aberdeen with no significant problems so with luck you will be fine if the snow stays off

Fran
21-Dec-10, 00:12
My Mother was due to come up from aberdeenshire to Inverness tomorrow but the taxi driver said the roads in aberdenshire are too bad so she cant get to inverness for me to collect her there. Please let me know how you get on and maybe i will try going for her on Wednesday.

Fran
21-Dec-10, 22:32
Does anyone know if Ash87 arrived in Caithness from Aberdeenshire?
I am keen to know the roads situation.

Ash87
22-Dec-10, 00:32
Hello,

Made it up to Thurso without any trouble, got here in about 4.5 hours and it would usually take me around 3.5. The roads were fine the whole way up until the causeway mire (sp??) where there was a lot of fog and still quite a bit of snow on the road. Would say to anyone planning driving up to just take it slow and leave plenty of time for their journey but other than that there was plenty of traffic on the road and no hold ups or extremely slippy/tricky areas.

Fran, I hope your Mother makes it up alright! My brother got the train from Inverness this morning but was bussed from Lairg to Thurso as the track north of Lairg is closed..

Scarybiscuits03
22-Dec-10, 00:36
Cheers for the update Ash87 - my OH is just about to hit the Causewaymire so I'll let him know. He has driven all the way from London with no probs apart from the stag that he managed to avoid - just!!

Ash87
22-Dec-10, 00:39
That's a long trip, he's done well!! He'll definitely be more than glad to get home I bet :) And stags are the worst!! Good on him managing to avoid an incident

Fran
22-Dec-10, 00:40
Thank you for that good report ash. My mother seems to be too worried to travel as the roads in Fraserburgh where she lives.. are very bad and the taxi wont drive her to Inverness. We are hoping it may improve before Friday, but she is 91. Glad you reached here fine.