PDA

View Full Version : Doom, Gloom and Disaster

badger
20-Dec-10, 18:57
Do those poor folk who run our media live such miserable lives that they have to spread it all around at Christmas? I watch Corrie on and off and have never seen so much disaster and misery packed into a few episodes as we have been treated to lately. Also watch Doctors which finished with a suicide in the last pre-Christmas episode - very jolly. Don't watch Emmerdale but a friend tells me that's gone the same way. Dare not even think what Eastenders are up to - remember Den and Angie years ago?

Now the last straw - the Archers :eek: . If there was one place you could relax into a nice happy Christmas with no major dramas it was Ambridge. Not this year, although at least they are waiting until after Christmas for Armageddon but they are scaring us by warning of the disasters to come in the new year. Ambridge will never be the same again apparently. Well I'm sorry, but I want Ambridge to be the same. I have listened to the Archers for as long as I can remember, and that's quite a long time. They can have hatch, match and despatch as in the normal course of things but major meltdown I do not need.

Whatever happened to Happy Christmas?

billmoseley
20-Dec-10, 19:35
but least we can rest assured its tv and not real thank god

badger
20-Dec-10, 19:38
It's not real ? Whew, what a relief.

billmoseley
20-Dec-10, 19:48
maybe the real world is even worse