PDA

View Full Version : BT Landline problems anyone?

mentallywinnie
20-Dec-10, 18:32
I'll start off by saying BT are 'looking in to it' and 'it' should be rectifyed by 4.34pm &47seconds tomorrow!!

Since early this morning my phone has been 'lighting up' but not ringing, to tell me theres an incoming call..I have caller ID but it only shows a single didgit..mainly 0/9 but have had other random numbers each time.. (over 100 calls so far they come every 3 seconds or so!)

When I pick it up, it just gives me the dialling tone..

Wondered if it was some kind of cold caller but no-ones there just the Dialling Tone?!

I've done the 'turn-it-off-then-on-again bit and when I got through the 2nd time to BT they said it's a problem with the exchange..just wondered if I was alone with this? (High Ormlie end of Thurso!)

Mrs Bucket
20-Dec-10, 19:08
Sorry I cant be of any help but was wondering if you have had any visitors from Portgower recently.

Kirdon
22-Dec-10, 19:45
did you get it fixed yet as with this weather I was just wondering were they still getting to jobs.

mentallywinnie
23-Dec-10, 02:55
Sorry forgot to update!
2 repair men came at 8am Tuesday..lots of tests then decided it was at the exchange...
Later that day the phone was actually ringing when the 'weird calls' were coming through, every 1 or 2 minutes..
Rang BT back again saying I can't sleep with that and can't turn it off in case of emergency calls out/inwards...

10am Wednesday blokie rang to see if he could come round...lovely bloke...even took his boots off at the door (I didn't ask/suggest this!!)
He was here about an hour doing even more tests than the other 2..showed/told me what should be showing up/why things weren't showing up on his various gadgets..

The upshot of it all is that the thunder at the weekend affected my handsets and the only option was to buy new ones..he told me I was 'one of the unlucky ones from the storm'....
Replaced the main phone socket too and told me I wouldn't be charged for any of it, me being disabled!

Thank you BT please excuse the names I was muttering in my head while all this was happening lol!