PDA

View Full Version : Never mind the presents now...

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-10, 13:59
Well i have been sulking about the bairns christmas presents not coming. I just wanted it to be perfect this year!

But.....im going to concentrate on making it special without the pile of presents! buying in loads (and i mean loads) of snacks for christmas night so we can all sit on the couch and pig out whilst watching christmas movies. Same on boxing dan and the day after!

The kids are happy when their bellys are full and thats what i plan on doing! We also have some games we can play.

So i guess if the presents come it will just be a bit of a bonus!

Any ideas for snacks please? All i can think on is twiglets, crisps, dips, peanuts....just stuff we can put in a bowl and pick at!

lindsaymcc
20-Dec-10, 14:01
popcorn goes down well with my kiddies

crackers and cheese?

biscuits/cakes?

Dadie
20-Dec-10, 14:05
popcorn, sweets, carrot sticks if you have dips, strawberries and choc dip.
Mini poppadums or tortilla chips...
cheese sticks..breadsticks etc...all nibbles that go down well here!
voul a vents and sausage rolls and chipolata sausages if you want to spend a wee while in the kitchen!

Sage
20-Dec-10, 14:07
How about some little home made mince pies or sausage rolls?

For the mince pies grab a sheet of puff pastry and cut out circles using a cup, pop the circles in a yorkshire pubbing tin....dollop a blob of mincemeat (from a jar) into the middle. put a smaller circle on top, or use scraggy bits of pastry for a lattice effect, then bung in the oven until the pastry's cooked...around 20 mins at 200C (roughly)

You are so right to concentrate on just having a good time. The pressies after Christmas will be a bonus :D

Have a good one xxx

teddybear1873
20-Dec-10, 14:15
Potted heid on a peice. Get in ye min.

Hoida
20-Dec-10, 14:41
Presents not arriving on time is not something new as I have just been reminded. When I was about 7years old I wanted a doll that sang twinkle twinkle little star. My parents found one advertised in the Daily Record or Sunday Post and ordered it. It never arrived! My brother wasn't given his main present either as we were told Santa was very busy and would have to post some of the presents that year.We still had stocking fillers and a good day. The doll finally arrived on hogmanay and we both got our presents then.To have received Santas parcels in the post was amazing and definitely didn't affect either of us. Children get quite a lot of gifts now at Christmas and hopefully will enjoy late presents and may even appreciate them more.
May I add that was almost 60 years ago!:lol:

mums angels
20-Dec-10, 14:55
My 5 year old said today that he wants to get his letter to santa back and ask for daddy home instead .. bless !! that might be one thing Santa can't get him for xmas :(

Kids do get so much at xmas anyway and they wont notice anything missing as assume they wont know what there were getting anyway lol