PDA

View Full Version : Dear Santa,

brandy
20-Dec-10, 12:18
I haven't been a very Bad girl this year, so can i PLEASE have a new Fridge/Freezer? Got up this morning went to get the milk out to realize it wasn't cold!
on further exploration i find that the freezer had also given up the ghost and that everything has thawed!
May i ask Santa what is it with Major Appliances failure right before Christmas?
Is it planned like that or just one of those things!
Yours Faithfully,
Brandy

Alice in Blunderland
20-Dec-10, 12:37
Erm Brandy mother nature looked into her crystal ball and sent you plenty snow and ice to keep your goodies cold. :eek:

I hope Santa responds to your wish ASAP so that we can get rid of the snow now.:lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-10, 12:41
Aww that sucks! Everythin seems to go bust at crimbo! :( our kettle nearly blew up the other day! It doesnt stop boiling for some reason, so i forgot about it, went back thru and it was still boiling but without the water! My kitchen was soaking!

Also our tumble dryer broke a wee while back. knew we couldnt afford a new one and i rely on it alot in winter to get sheets dry. Luckily my mother and father in law bought us one for christmas! :D

Im waiting for something else to fluff up now! My washing machine has been dodgy for a few months....hang in there washing machine!!!! [lol]

brandy
20-Dec-10, 12:46
well on the plus side spot is getting an early christmas treat.. ive a whole pack of sausages that im going to cook for him. just making a hodgepodge of lunch.. and ive soup to make for tea that was in the freezer! glad the kids are home now to eat some of the frozen stuff thats not so frozen now!

wickscorrie
20-Dec-10, 12:47
i'll second the kettle, hubby went to boil it the other day and it tripped the fuse, so by the time i'd reset the trip thingy my dad had came in and went to boil it and bang and lots of smoke, so he was most apologetic, had to laugh and then told him not to worry as it was on its last legs anyway

teddybear1873
20-Dec-10, 12:53
At this time of year, the fridge-freezer must be the worst thing of all to break down. All that food bought to get through the xmas period, how damn annoying that must be.

brandy
20-Dec-10, 13:15
we are quite lucky on that.. hadn't done the big shop yet, thats planned for tomorrow but may have to wait till Thursday now when hubby gets paid!

Dadie
20-Dec-10, 13:56
Oh no!
At least you found out in time....When our one in the kitchen died it did it while we were away for 2 weeks...from the smell it must have done it on the 1st day or 2!
And that middle child (you know that little angelic looking horror) switched off the big freezer in the back place and I dont go in it often....
Good luck getting a replacement at this time of year!

brandy
20-Dec-10, 14:10
Graham Beggs has several so gonna go have a look at theirs.. just hope that they wont have a problem delivering it on our street!

Thumper
20-Dec-10, 14:13
you have my sympathy,it was my oven that packed in 2 years ago,on xmas eve!!! x