PDA

View Full Version : Thurso to Wick Road

Kodiak
20-Dec-10, 11:45
Does anyone know the state of the Road from Thurso to Wick? Going either Via Watten or Castletown, or even which road is the better for driving on?

I have to go to Argos to get my sons Christmas present and it is only reserved there until closing tonight so any help on the state of the roads would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

jumbledrainbow
20-Dec-10, 11:53
Hi Kodiak, I did Wick to Thursoish via Watten, roads are snowy but mostly have tarmac where your tyres will be!!

just take care :)

vanman1
20-Dec-10, 11:56
my son works in wick he left 7.45 was in wick for 8.25 he took castletown road & was doing 35- 40 mph said road wasnt to bad.

mil1
20-Dec-10, 11:57
Does anyone know the state of the Road from Thurso to Wick? Going either Via Watten or Castletown, or even which road is the better for driving on?

I have to go to Argos to get my sons Christmas present and it is only reserved there until closing tonight so any help on the state of the roads would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

If you cant make it, try phoning argos Wick and telling them you cant make it through and they will put an extension on your reservation. I have done this a couple of times.

rs 2k
20-Dec-10, 12:00
I reserved something yesterday at argos to collect b4 tonight and i just got a text from them saying

"Thanks for your recent reservation at argos. We understand that it might be difficult to get to your local store, so we have extended your reservation by 24hrs"

So u will have another day to get it :D

Argos is open til 10 every night til fri :D

Kodiak
20-Dec-10, 12:01
Thank you for all you help and advice, it is really appreciated. :D

Merry Christmas to all

Alice in Blunderland
20-Dec-10, 12:38
Thank you for all you help and advice, it is really appreciated. :D

Merry Christmas to all

If you get stuck I can nip and get it for you :D

KCERINN
20-Dec-10, 13:22

Argos Tel No in Wick is 01955 607300.

They have been very good in the past if you have to phone and extend your reservation date.

Kodiak
20-Dec-10, 17:01
I am happy to say that we drove to and back to Wick with no real problems. :D

Thank you Alice in Blunderland for your very kind and generous offer, fortunately I have managed to get the presents all OK and Mrs Kodiak is wrapping them as I type.

We drove to Wick via Watten and the although there was snow on the road there were clear tracks were traffic had been and it was quite passable.

On the way back we came back via Bowermadden but the road condition was not quite as good this way but it was still driveable.

So all in all if you are travelling between Thurso and Wick, or Vice Versa, then as long as to take it steady you ahould be all right.

Take care out there and dont rush, be safe.

Alice in Blunderland
20-Dec-10, 17:33
Glad you got through okay. If ever you need help in this matter again drop me a pm.:)

bekisman
20-Dec-10, 17:40
It's good to see that fellow Orgers can help by offering information - I've used this conduit a number of times..

lindsaymcc
20-Dec-10, 20:34
Glad you got there and back without problems.

Ive just had a chat with a friend who lives in Scrabster, who has said she tried to get out to Wick today, but after about 6 miles turned around and gave up as the roads were awful..... admittedly I havent tried, so I wouldnt know, but I would have thought they would have been ok.

A bit worried for hubby going out to Wick on Wednesday now!