PDA

View Full Version : kids

whateva
20-Dec-10, 00:20
just wondering are you worried about kids "chucking" snowballs near houses

i for one dont mind kids will be kids and they like to make e most o e snow but i do mind deliberitly "chucking" they things at e windaes but a snow ball fight is fine so long as they aint being "brutes" :roll:
do u not care at all
not care as long as they aint hitting windows on purpose
or think they should be else where

changilass
20-Dec-10, 00:23
Have to say would be mightily hacked off if one of the little darlings. that have been throwing snowballs at the windows tonight, actually managed to put the window through.

chaz
20-Dec-10, 00:31
Im ok as long as its not at windows or animals:)

Roisin
20-Dec-10, 00:39
they have "acidently" hit my house with some and my poor pup nearly jumped put her skin Took me ages to calm her down

I dont mind if they do play but they hit my house with 3 snowballs so im not 100% sure if it was acident, but we cant blaim kids for being kids can we :)

mums angels
20-Dec-10, 01:21
I dont mind snowballs if they are playing a game and one goes astray but i wouldnt be impressed if one hit any windows . but i wouldnt hesitate to call the police if they were throwing it at my car as its dangerous for me , my occupents and the idiots throwing them.

Not long ago a child threw a snowball at my car windsheild whilst stupidly standing along side my car as i was coming out of an awkward slippery junction .. all it would have taken was an unexpected slide of the back end and my car could have wiped them out . The kid didnt seem to care even when i pointed out the dangers all i got was cheek ![disgust]

orkneycadian
20-Dec-10, 09:50
Surprised anyone lets their kids throw snowballs these days! If walking to school in snow is deemed too dangerous through "elf and safety", then surely chucking lumps of the stuff at each other is way too risky and should be banned.

How does the risk assessment stack up?

chaz
20-Dec-10, 10:55
I wouldnt mind letting mine walk to school but its 10 miles:eek: think thats a wee bit far in this, our road hasnt been touched and our track is worse so home it is for them, with my list of jobs believe me they would rather go to school:lol:

Doreen
20-Dec-10, 11:28
Well i would like to give a big thank you to the three teenagers who stopped last night when my car got stuck in the tsb car park they could not have done enough for me the even went over to thecoop super market to ask for a spade to help dig me out their is a lot of good kids out their i cant thank them enough:D

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-10, 11:34
I dont mind kiddies chucking snowballs at my windows tbh as long as they dont hit the bedroom windows (wee ones sleeping) and they never do. I would rather them chuck a few snowballs at my house rather than at cars! :)

Only had a few kids chuck snowballs at my house and i know them so was out chucking snowballs back at em! :lol:

Gronnuck
20-Dec-10, 11:42
Of all o' the kids in all o' caithness there might be just one or two numpties but I've found the vast majority to be decent, thoughtful and well mannered youngsters who are a credit to their parents and their school,:D.

Now if you want to see neds at work you might want to visit Muirhouse, Wester Hailes, Craigmiller and Niddrie in Edinburgh. There you will find a higher proportion of young people causing no end of misery for their neighbours,:(; where the snowballs come with nuts and bolts in them,[disgust].

golach
20-Dec-10, 11:57
Now if you want to see neds at work you might want to visit Muirhouse, Wester Hailes, Craigmiller and Niddrie in Edinburgh. There you will find a higher proportion of young people causing no end of misery for their neighbours,; where the snowballs come with nuts and bolts in them,.

As resident of Leith for many years, I take exception to you highlighting Muirhouse ect, there are neds in most cities/towns equally as bad, Take a look at any other urban areas, they all have their problems.

mums angels
20-Dec-10, 12:56
I dont mind kiddies chucking snowballs at my windows tbh as long as they dont hit the bedroom windows (wee ones sleeping) and they never do. I would rather them chuck a few snowballs at my house rather than at cars! :)

Only had a few kids chuck snowballs at my house and i know them so was out chucking snowballs back at em! :lol:

I wouldnt go that far, would cost a small fortune to replace a window not alone the inconvienence .. snowball thrown astray buy accident is one thing , doing it on purpose is another . Snowballs are often full of stones or compacted ice and can do plenty of damage.

teddybear1873
20-Dec-10, 13:07
Again, with youngsters nowadays, whatever they play with and do, they go overboard and damage what they can.

20, 30, 40 etc years ago young ones got into mischief and was mainly done in harmless fun. Kids now that are only having fun are guilty before they commit the crime.

Baa humbug [evil] lol

mil1
20-Dec-10, 13:30
Of all o' the kids in all o' caithness there might be just one or two numpties but I've found the vast majority to be decent, thoughtful and well mannered youngsters who are a credit to their parents and their school.

Now if you want to see neds at work you might want to visit Muirhouse, Wester Hailes, Craigmiller and Niddrie in Edinburgh. There you will find a higher proportion of young people causing no end of misery for their neighbours,:(; where the snowballs come with nuts and bolts in them,[disgust].

There are areas in all places even Caithness were there are neds. I grew up in one of the areas you highlighted, and there is good people there aswell as bad, just like all over the country.:roll:
As for snowballs and kids, as long as they are not throwing at cars and peoples windows on purpose, as all it takes is for them to pick up a lump of snow with a stone in it and hit someones window to break it.!

Gronnuck
20-Dec-10, 14:09
As resident of Leith for many years, I take exception to you highlighting Muirhouse ect, there are neds in most cities/towns equally as bad, Take a look at any other urban areas, they all have their problems.

There are areas in all places even Caithness were there are neds. I grew up in one of the areas you highlighted, and there is good people there aswell as bad, just like all over the country.:roll:
As for snowballs and kids, as long as they are not throwing at cars and peoples windows on purpose, as all it takes is for them to pick up a lump of snow with a stone in it and hit someones window to break it.!

Far be it for me to besmirch the name of golach’s or mil1’s Edinburgh homes/origins. Of course I accept there are good and bad in any community across the country and many urban areas have these problems. However what I said was in these communities, “you will find a higher proportion of young people causing no end of misery for their neighbours.” Perhaps what I needed to add was, “compared to what you find here in Caithness”.

In Edinburgh it’s not unknown for Tesco to refuse to deliver to particular streets; or for Lothian Buses to suspend services because of the disproportionate acts of anti-social behaviour in these areas. Attacks on the Fire Service in these areas are regular occurrences too.

I’m Edinburgh born and bred but the city and its environs are but a shadow of its former self. Whatever problems Caithness may have they are nothing compared to those of the country’s other counties/cities.