PDA

View Full Version : TV probs

changilass
19-Dec-10, 20:40
Currently only getting any sort of picture on ch4 and even that is breaking up.

We have sky with a dish, is it simply the snow on the dish or is it likely to be something else.

CH4 with their 100 toys rundown aint my idea of fun.

Tatbabe
19-Dec-10, 20:44
Have had similar experience with mainly BBC channels being available. Goes on for a while then back to normal.

Seems to be the case with heavy snow affecting receiving signals.

changilass
19-Dec-10, 20:46
Cheers Tatbabe, thought that would be it, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't just ours going on the blink.

adi1
19-Dec-10, 20:48
If you can reach your dish with a sweeping brush just take the snow off the LNB that the round bit on the end of the arm.......that should solve it

rs 2k
19-Dec-10, 20:48
We have no signal what-so-ever :( been like this all day, it started last night and gradually got worse through the night last night and today nothing :(

Tried switching plug off for a while and turning it back on but nothing

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-10, 20:49
Ours went bust about an hour or so ago, sent hubby out with a brush and realised the reciever was covered in snow! Been perfect since! :D

rs 2k
19-Dec-10, 20:50
If you can reach your dish with a sweeping brush just take the snow off the LNB that the round bit on the end of the arm.......that should solve it

Thats what i said to hubby earlier but our dish is on chimney so can't get to it [lol]

changilass
19-Dec-10, 20:51
Hubby is heading out the door as I type.

Swannie
19-Dec-10, 20:51
Just lost picture here too. Was watching BBC2 when it broke up and now says no satellite signal being received! OH off to try to take snow from dish to see if that helps.

Swannie
19-Dec-10, 20:52
Picture back! Clearing the snow off dish seems to have worked.

changilass
19-Dec-10, 21:27
Aye same here, thanks for the advice.

Tatbabe
19-Dec-10, 21:34
I didn't have to do anything, back to all channels after a while.
Maybe I'm just lucky ...