PDA

View Full Version : Sledge

Vistravi
19-Dec-10, 18:35
Does anyone know where if there is somewhere in thurso you can get a sledge from?

lindsaymcc
19-Dec-10, 18:36
We got ours from the hardware store on the riverside, and I know Serendipities had some. This was back at the end of the last wave of snow though, so not sure if they still have stocks?

serendipity
19-Dec-10, 18:41
Sorry, We have completely sold out of sledges - you could try temptations, I know they had some last time I was in.

We did try to order more from several suppliers, but all are out of stock.

Good luck in your search!

Vistravi
19-Dec-10, 18:43
Cheers, shall take a walk down and look tomorrow.
I'm after a crusier one as i want to make a harness seat for my young son so he can sit on it. As he can sit up unsupported as long as the seat is safe and is very secure then we can get about. Can't get my offroad buggy out in the snow anymore as it just gets stuck.

Dadie
19-Dec-10, 18:54
Errm last year we used the laundry basket as a sledge for Iona as the high sides kept her in!
Allans of gillock had sledges but I havent been in for a while but its in Watten I saw them.
Have you tried the CLB?

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-10, 19:12
jimbews had a pile of them when i was down yesterday! I was half temtpted to buy one just to get my bags up the road! Lol

herenow
19-Dec-10, 20:18
W and D Ross hardware have them they have round ones and normal ones.

Doreen
19-Dec-10, 20:33
Cheers, shall take a walk down and look tomorrow.
I'm after a crusier one as i want to make a harness seat for my young son so he can sit on it. As he can sit up unsupported as long as the seat is safe and is very secure then we can get about. Can't get my offroad buggy out in the snow anymore as it just gets stuck.The factory shop had loads in the other day .

annemarie482
19-Dec-10, 20:41
we have a sledge......
unfortunately its somewhere in a half acre garden under a foot of snow!
will have to wait for the thaw to find it! :lol::roll:

orkneycadian
19-Dec-10, 22:32
Just use an empty manure bag. Far easier to take back up the hill!

Temptations
19-Dec-10, 22:38
Hi we have snow cruiser sledges in stock, red blue or green.

cullpacket
19-Dec-10, 23:00
just make http://www.flickr.com/photos/sudagees/5214964816/sizes/l/in/photostream/one

Dadie
19-Dec-10, 23:44
Her wee one is very wee!
Less than a year old!....so not looking for olympic games style sledging escapades..

Vistravi
20-Dec-10, 01:30
Cheers everyone :)
I have the seat and bolts to secure it. Using a feeding booster seat i got but it is cracked a little down the side. Not enough to fall to bits but enough that i didnt want to use it everyday 3 times a day. Also have a bust rain cover that i am going to partly tape on to give him shelter when hes in and ready to go. Need a bog standard sledge now.
My partner and i will be going sledge hunting with Sami in the baby carrier on my partners back tomorrow. My back can't take his weight.
Hopefully by the end of tomorrow the sledge will be done and ready to go!

Vistravi
20-Dec-10, 01:41
Just use an empty manure bag. Far easier to take back up the hill!

Excellent for sledging. However my son is too young for playing with sledges yet. More needed for transportation atm ;)