PDA

View Full Version : HOme Delivery network?

onecalledk
19-Dec-10, 15:40
am waiting on a couple of parcels that are being delivered by home delivery network, tracking the parcel shows it has been in the inverness depot for 2 days and has been on and off a van like a yoyo. Now I have a message saying parcel may be delayed. It was ordered on the 9th December.

Has anyone had any deliveries by home delivery network in the past couple of days ?

K

Chrisf1961
19-Dec-10, 15:48
Hi, I've not had any deliveries, but like you, I have a parcel at the Inverness depot awaiting delivery

marwill
19-Dec-10, 15:57
Hello, like you my parcel has been sitting in Inverness depot for sometime.
It has been 'weather delayed' three times since the 9th Dec.
Was hoping to watch the new TV over Christmas looks as if it will the computer instead:(

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 16:04
Mine was ordered on the 26th Nov and was supposed to be delivered on the 7th Dec - still in the Inverness Depot!!!.........

emszxr
19-Dec-10, 16:07
how on earth are parcels still in depots, i had one this week that was in a local depot for 5 days before i got it.
these companies are not working hard enough to put parcels out. our local ajg driver has probably not delivered anything all weekend.
these parcels would be out if people were doing a bit more.

miller30
19-Dec-10, 16:30
Hi ive had two parcels this week which only took a week to get here!! guy was saying that they have thousands of parcels to get out, with the back log, they have taken on new guys but they dont know there way around caithness!!! The mannie that delivered mines was so stressed!! felt sorry for him, not there fault, if they got paid more, or for overtime they would get some of these delays out the way.

Hope your stuff comes soon.

Chrisf1961
19-Dec-10, 16:37
Doesnt know there way round CAITHNESS! lol theres only a few main roads have they not heard of SATNAVS!

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 16:43
You'd think they'd focus on getting the delayed parcels out first before focusing on the recently ordered ones.
Oh well - I won't be holding my breath to get it in time for Xmas!

gollach
19-Dec-10, 16:58
I have 2 parcels in transit with Home Delivery Network. They have not moved for a week. The HDN website says they are in a depot in Droitwich and the message has said

"The parcel has been sorted at our hub"

since last Monday. Can't see it getting here for Christmas now :~(

gollach
19-Dec-10, 17:03
On a brighter note, I am SO impressed with Royal Mail!

They have people out in all weathers every day of the week. Pity the couriers didn't try as hard as this to get their deliveries out.

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-10, 17:06
Im pretty sure Home are delivering my hubbys christmas present. Cant remember! But its in the Isle of man, no idea why but its been sitting there for a week! :~( Im hopeful its the wrong info because it says thats our "local depot" and its out for sorting then delivery! :eek:

Dadie
19-Dec-10, 17:09
Im impressed with the royal mail....
Ionas new mittens(waterproof and fleece lined) arrived in record time.
She lost one of her "old" mitts(about a month old:eek:) on Thursday so I ordered her new ones that night and they arrived Saturday!
Might put strings on them to keep them safe.

Kodiak
19-Dec-10, 17:09
On a brighter note, I am SO impressed with Royal Mail!

They have people out in all weathers every day of the week. Pity the couriers didn't try as hard as this to get their deliveries out.

I agree completely with you on this. Royal Mail Staff are working extra hard and all hours every day to get the mail and parcels delivered.

When it come to the crunch Royal Mail is the only Delivery Comapny you can rely on. Well done Royal Mail.

RecQuery
19-Dec-10, 17:10
HDNL, are the worst courier company ever, they were so bad that they've changed their name to Yodel so that they can avoid some bad press. Even in a big city I had so many problems with them it was unbelievable. Parcelforce are close but they're the second worse to me.

Odds are it's been passed onto a 3rd party for the last leg, most courier companies stop at Inverness so the tracking is screwed after that. It may be picked up and in transit, it may not be picked up for three days.

As I've said who the worst are, the best courier company I've dealt with is UPS.

I've had my own problems with Royal Mail so I won't comment on them.

pink
19-Dec-10, 17:14
I am also very impressed with Royal Mail , they had me wondering what day it was today when a parcel came through the door at lunch time !! Well done guys

Gronnuck
19-Dec-10, 17:17
[disgust] I don’t believe some of the comments I’m seeing here. OK there’s been a delay in parcel deliveries but FFS these drivers are out in all this crap weather trying to do their job under difficult circumstances.
The A9 was closed for eight hours the other night and the driver who arrived at my door yesterday apologised for the delay and told me he spent those eight hours sat in his vehicle freezing. He could have turned back and sheltered in the Inverness Depot causing even more delay but he didn't.
The comment by Chrisf1961 is indicative of the thoughtlessness of so many people up here. A satnav might take you to a post code but unless you have a street and house number it’s practically useless. A significant proportion of the population hereabouts live in scattered rural communities where many don’t even bother to put their house name on a signpost at the end of their drive/track/access road. So how are they meant to find you? That’s why in the worse of weather I see drivers wasting time running up and down the road trying to find an elusive address,[disgust].
Come on people these delays are occuring in many parts of the country lots of people are being affected. Just because we live up the country’s longest cul de sac doesn’t mean we have to wear a chip on our shoulder.
:lol: Lighten up people; its only six days till Christmas!

Sarah
19-Dec-10, 17:21
My sister told me they were halting any further deliveries until after Christmas now? Not sure how accurate that is, but my Mum is well annoyed as it means no Christmas presents now if it is the case, as she ordered everything from the same catalogue which is always delivered by HDNL.

Kodiak
19-Dec-10, 17:25
HDNL, are the worst courier company ever, they were so bad that they've changed their name to Yodel so that they can avoid some bad press. Even in a big city I had so many problems with them it was unbelievable. Parcelforce are close but they're the second worse to me.

Odds are it's been passed onto a 3rd party for the last leg, most courier companies stop at Inverness so the tracking is screwed after that. It may be picked up and in transit, it may not be picked up for three days.

As I've said who the worst are, the best courier company I've dealt with is UPS.

I've had my own problems with Royal Mail so I won't comment on them.

HDNL do their own deliveries in Caithness as I have often seen their van.

In my opinion you can not beat Royal Mail, especially in this weather. They are the only ones who are out and about today delivering Parcels in Caithness.

I had a parcel delivered today by Royal Mail/ParcelForce which was picked up in Swansea on Thursday Night. To get it delivered in that time in this Bad Weather is just superb service.

I had only one thing delivered to me by UPS and that was about 5-6 months ago. It took them 11 Days to get it to me from Bristol and then it was almost flattened. Never again will I knowingly use UPS.

tippytoes
19-Dec-10, 17:38
Well said Gronnuck!!!! :D

Chrisf1961
19-Dec-10, 17:48
My comment re satnavs was only tongue in cheek ! honestly some folk.......

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 18:08
[disgust] I don’t believe some of the comments I’m seeing here. OK there’s been a delay in parcel deliveries but FFS these drivers are out in all this crap weather trying to do their job under difficult circumstances.
The A9 was closed for eight hours the other night and the driver who arrived at my door yesterday apologised for the delay and told me he spent those eight hours sat in his vehicle freezing. He could have turned back and sheltered in the Inverness Depot causing even more delay but he didn't.
The comment by Chrisf1961 is indicative of the thoughtlessness of so many people up here. A satnav might take you to a post code but unless you have a street and house number it’s practically useless. A significant proportion of the population hereabouts live in scattered rural communities where many don’t even bother to put their house name on a signpost at the end of their drive/track/access road. So how are they meant to find you? That’s why in the worse of weather I see drivers wasting time running up and down the road trying to find an elusive address,[disgust].
Come on people these delays are occuring in many parts of the country lots of people are being affected. Just because we live up the country’s longest cul de sac doesn’t mean we have to wear a chip on our shoulder.
:lol: Lighten up people; its only six days till Christmas!

I think the main grumble is that all other companies seem to have managed to get up the road but the Home delivery Network have not. I ordered about 15 parcels via amazon on the 26th Nov, all parcels have arrived barr one - the only one sent via Home delivery network.
I agree that delivery drivers are making their best effort and most are doing a fabulous job but it would seem that this company are making no effort to deliver to Caithness. A lot of people have santa pressies sitting in that depot in Inverness so I think they have a right to have a "chip on their shoulder"

ks
19-Dec-10, 18:27
I had a delivery from them yesterday, it arrived at Inverness on Thursday and was due to be delivered on Friday but the road was closed. They don't normally delivery at weekend but the driver said they were coming up again today!

Dadie
19-Dec-10, 18:50
Yes we all know there is only 6 days to Christmas.
Items that people bought in good faith that would arrive in time have not turned up.
I started Christmas shopping in November....1 package that arrived was damaged and items were missing. When I asked for replacements they were out of stock. I tracked down replacements from another shop at slightly higher prices, on a 3 day delivery (costing £10), knowing full well to add on a few days for delivery up here, in plenty of time for Christmas, now I will be fuming if my delivery does not arrive in time and the items are half price in the sale!