PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had their parcels delivered yet by Hermes?

Chrisf1961
19-Dec-10, 15:02
So a couple of threads i think saying that Hermes where delivering goods up here Toyrus etc ..has anyone had theirs delivered yet ? Still awaiting Qvc via them from the 2nd ......think it might bge missing and its my wifeys a Charlie Bear :~(

lindsaymcc
19-Dec-10, 15:06
Ive got one from H&M that is "out for delivery" since Thursday. It happens to be eldest daughters winter coat that Ive been waiting on them having in stock since beginning of November!!!

Chrisf1961
19-Dec-10, 15:08
Hi and can you track that with Hermes? Unfortunatly i cant with QVC

lindsaymcc
19-Dec-10, 15:10
Yes, I can track it through H&Ms website - not that its overly reliable!

Chrisf1961
19-Dec-10, 15:11
Think it was Shelleycowie who had a delivery awaiting from Toysrus ...

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-10, 15:19
Yeah it was me, still not had it :~( i have been reduced to tears but there is nothing i can do.

I emailed them and the response i got was -

Dear Mrs Cowie,

Please accept my apologies for the delay you have reported with your recent order.

I can confirm your order has been despatched, however, due to adverse weather conditions nationwide, our carrier partners and the majority of national carriers are now reporting delays of up to 5 working days or more.

Unfortunately congestion within many carrier networks have arisen and severely impacted their ability to operate as normal. Our carriers are working extremely hard to improve this situation and are reporting improvements daily.

Rest assured that we have done everything possible to avoid any unnecessary delay; our carriers are working 7 days a week and will endeavour to deliver your order before Christmas.

I apologise that I cannot be more specific than this and thank you for your continued understanding and patience.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Kind regards,

Michael Stoker

Chrisf1961
19-Dec-10, 15:25
Hi its getting so maddening this isnt it .. we had a lull in the snow you would have thought that they could have cleared the backlog by now ..... poor kiddies of yours you must be at your wits end waiting especially as there is only this week left....

Chrisf1961
19-Dec-10, 15:28
Whats also so annoying about these delays and excuses etc is that i was in Tesco Wick yesterday and they seem to have no problems bringing stock up here as they were putting allsorts out on the shelves they dont have a problem with the A9 trunking stuff up here ...all beyond me i just hope that half of this stuff hasnt been hived off ...i know this happens as ive seen it at first hand working on the night shift at Toysrus .....

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-10, 15:32
im just a bit upset because this is the first year Athrun knows who santa is. i do have some little things for him tho.

its my hubbys present im worried about! Its gone to the Isle of Man :eek: its been there for a week! Thats worrying because its the most expensive thing. Cant replace it in Caithness either!

I see Royal mail have been working really late and delivering today aswell. Hats off to them! They are doing what they can. Also have seen AJG too.

mil1
19-Dec-10, 15:55
Think i put this in another thread but i ordered an item from a company on 25th November and they used Hermes couriers and i just recieved my item on Tuesday!!! It is a self employed courier they use from up here and he drives around in a little green van.

Dadie
19-Dec-10, 16:16
Still waiting for our stuff ...picked up by hermes on the 5th!

DocStone
19-Dec-10, 16:17
Nope, but the postie just dropped a parcel off there that was ordered on Thursday! Fantastic service.

Kodiak
19-Dec-10, 16:31
Nope, but the postie just dropped a parcel off there that was ordered on Thursday! Fantastic service.

Yes Royal Mail seems to be doing a great job and the other couriers are just failing.

I had a Parcel delivered by Royal Mail this morning which had been picked up by ParcelForce on Thursday evening, 16th Dec. Great service from Royal Mail & ParcelForce.

Chrisf1961
19-Dec-10, 16:33
Totally agree with everyone re Royal Mail top people this Christmas ...i know something if i ran a business this end of the country id never use any of the couriers at all...ROYAL MAIL/PARCELFORCE ALL THE WAY FOR ME ! well done lads n lasses......

adi1
19-Dec-10, 17:07
To put things in perspective I ordered items off Debenhams who use Hermes, these items where dispatched on 1/12/10, yesterday the 18th I recieved half my order so in total 17 days to get here!
Now maybe just maybe if we all write letters of complaint to the likes of Toys"R"Us and Debenhams that we will cease to do on line shopping with these stores unless they change couriers, they may do something about it......worth a go anyway I think.
Hope all your stuff for kids gets to you Id gladly wait till after Xmas as long as the Toys"R"Us parcels get here

Dadie
19-Dec-10, 17:12
Its all the little bits I wanted before Christmas.
Nativity craft bits for the kids...
If it doesnt appear, most of the bits, will be going straight in boxes with the Christmas decorations for next year:eek:

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-10, 19:37
Just to let people know i finally got through to toys r us (was on hold for ages today) and they said that Home Delivery has taken over all Hermes parcels for the north.

I have been guarenteed delivery before Christmas and they will be working until Christmas eve night to get deliveries out.

Just wanted to be sure that my parcels wasnt lost in transit as Hermes had no recolection of my tracking number, obviously since it was handed over! But now i know.

Also my other parcel delivered by a different company was incorrectly sent to the Isle of Man and it was lucky i had phoned because they had not realised the error and i phoned in time for their last van going to caithness. :Razz Not guarenteed before Christmas but thats fine, at least now they have realised the error!

Kodiak
20-Dec-10, 19:40
What a comedy of errors, I will keep my fingers crossed for you Shelley, I hope that you get all your parcels before Christmas.

Chrisf1961
20-Dec-10, 22:01
Oh no Shelley HDNL are worse than Hermes ! Ive just called QVC and apparently the wifes Charlie Bear is in Perth! Poor wee thing all stuck in a box ! The woman at QVC said all the stuff that goes from Liverpoiol dept at QVC goes south to Hermes main warehouse in the midlands? then comes north ? How mad is that ? i know they have a dept in Leeds where i used to live ..all beyond me ...so i should get it a week next Christmas!

Scarybiscuits03
20-Dec-10, 22:34
I finally got my parcel delivered today by the Home delivery network - 4 wks after ordering!

gollach
20-Dec-10, 22:45
I finally got my parcel delivered today by the Home delivery network - 4 wks after ordering!

Thanks for letting me know that. There might be hope for me yet!

rjmi23
20-Dec-10, 23:29
Just noticed this thread! I have been awaiting a parcel from Next which was dispatched on 1st December. I rang Next today for the second time and they are trying to trace parcel! Courier asked them to call back tomorrow! Items ordered later from Debenhams and Marks&Spencer were received last week, courtesy of Royal Mail or HNDL. Who delivers for Hermes in this area?

ShelleyCowie
20-Dec-10, 23:31
Just noticed this thread! I have been awaiting a parcel from Next which was dispatched on 1st December. I rang Next today for the second time and they are trying to trace parcel! Courier asked them to call back tomorrow! Items ordered later from Debenhams and Marks&Spencer were received last week, courtesy of Royal Mail or HNDL. Who delivers for Hermes in this area?

Nobody for the Christmas period as far as i was told today (cant confirm for any other company) but toys r us said Hermes wouldnt deliver here so handed over to Home delivery.

Thing is, why wasnt i informed? that really really bugged me! No call, no email...nothing! :confused

JWM
20-Dec-10, 23:53
My dad works for AJG n I know that they are tryin really hard to get the parcels up but due to weather have had difficulty getting the deliveries north! Every morning they are having to dig their way into the depot! My dad has been out doing 12-13hr shifts and Saturdays trying to catch up with the back log as I'm sure the other drivers are also! Unfortunately with road conditions as they are it takes longer to do! AJG have only had one snow day so far so I think they are doing pretty well!

I also take my hat off to the posties out in this and all other delivery drivers! I for one ain't moving the car in this much too scared but just thot a bit o praise is needed for all the effort that is being made although I know that doesn't make life any easier for people waiting! Hope a miracle comes soon and you will all get ur parcels for ur wee ones!

Merry christmas

theone
20-Dec-10, 23:58
AJC have always been great for me, including during this cold spell.

If AJC are supposedly delivering Hermes parcels that haven't been recieved, I would place the blame further South.

cja275
21-Dec-10, 00:09
I ordered some stuff that was delivered on the 10th Dec, to the wrong address. I was told the courier went back and left a card but I haven't heard anything.
Merry Christmas to who ever has my stuff!
The people I ordered it from are resending today, fat chance of me getting it before Christmas now.

JWM
21-Dec-10, 00:19
OMG ats terrible why can't people be honest nowadays! What happened to having a bit o decency!

How can someone do that well hopefully the company will bill them if they have the address!!! That'd teach them!!

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-10, 00:47
Could never fault AJG, iv seen them on the go every day pretty much up and down my street!

Just seems some delivery companies are not coping aswell as the rest! Royal mail are also doing an excellent job! Them posties must be freezing and their feet soaking treching through the snow!

Dadie
21-Dec-10, 12:58
Well my order going by hermes had been tracked to the perth depot....today:(
Where its been sitting since the 15th..........
It was picked up by hermes on the 6th!
It was ordered on the 3rd!
I paid for 3 day postage.....
So doesnt look good at all for getting it before Christmas[mad]

Chrisf1961
21-Dec-10, 13:00
Mines in Perth(well thats what they tell us ) as well ........crap company i cant even get a proper track on it on their website ...

Dadie
21-Dec-10, 13:06
No I cant get a proper track on it either..the company I ordered the items from wondered why I had not been tracking it..I said all the hermes tracking facility said was its out for delivery....since the 16th!

Chrisf1961
21-Dec-10, 13:19
What annoys me with Hermes tracking system it doesnt give the place name of where the parcel is sat ....so they can then cover up where it is ..garbage system...when i was in England i used parcel 2 go as a courier /Dhl first class they were and i could track it on DHLS website.

ShelleyCowie
21-Dec-10, 14:04
GOOD NEWS! The bairns stuff arrived! WOO HOO! And it was Hermes, Home Delivery had to hand it back to them. So they sent a van up today. :Razz boxes are battered but i dont care! they are here!!

Hope everyone else gets their deliverys!

I am just trying to get in contact with another company about a rather expensive present for my husband. it got taken from the isle of man where it was incorrectly sent last night (had been there for nearly a week) then got sent back again because they are still convinced i live there! :~(

Chrisf1961
21-Dec-10, 14:50
wahhoooo so there is a santa at last!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

neepnipper
21-Dec-10, 23:00
I'm waiting for a parcel from Hermes ordered on 3rd Dec, says it's in Inverness and has been for at least a week!

I have a package coming by royal mail which was sent from a company in England which is now sitting in Belfast!:eek:

On the plus side ordered a large vivarium from a place in Essex yesterday and it was delivered by TNT today, how amazing is that!:Dand the company gave me free p & p!

Dadie
21-Dec-10, 23:22
At least its gotten as far as Inverness...mine is stuck in perth...
My parcel by royal mail arrived after 2 days...ordered on the thursday..arrived sat.(gloves for the horror that wont keep them on..without superglue)
How lucky are you in getting a vivarium in one piece, I dont know..but can you rub some of the luck off on me:lol:

neepnipper
21-Dec-10, 23:26
Made an error, Hermes parcel says it's out to courier not Inverness.

The viv is flat packed but was just so impressed with the delivery!

sweetpea
21-Dec-10, 23:38
My dad works for AJG n I know that they are tryin really hard to get the parcels up but due to weather have had difficulty getting the deliveries north! Every morning they are having to dig their way into the depot! My dad has been out doing 12-13hr shifts and Saturdays trying to catch up with the back log as I'm sure the other drivers are also! Unfortunately with road conditions as they are it takes longer to do! AJG have only had one snow day so far so I think they are doing pretty well!

I also take my hat off to the posties out in this and all other delivery drivers! I for one ain't moving the car in this much too scared but just thot a bit o praise is needed for all the effort that is being made although I know that doesn't make life any easier for people waiting! Hope a miracle comes soon and you will all get ur parcels for ur wee ones!

Merry christmas

Well said they are trying their best:) I feel sorry for the posties, mine is driving a hire van just now to deliver things he would normally do on foot.

Kodiak
22-Dec-10, 00:01
Well said they are trying their best:) I feel sorry for the posties, mine is driving a hire van just now to deliver things he would normally do on foot.

The posties are supposed to working day and night this week, I do not envy them at all. But all Posties are doing a great job and they deserve a liitle Christmas Box. So do not forget your postie this Christmas :Razz

Liz
22-Dec-10, 00:04
The posties are supposed to working day and night this week, I do not envy them at all. But all Posties are doing a great job and they deserve a liitle Christmas Box. So do not forget your postie this Christmas :Razz

I gave my postie a big box of sweeties and a box of choccys as he deserved extra this year.:D

Liz
22-Dec-10, 00:05
Well I've just discovered that winter boots I ordered and which were dispatched on the 13th Dec are being delivered by Hermes so not holding out much hope of getting them before this cold snap ends!!!:(

Dadie
22-Dec-10, 00:06
No you will get them in our summer..at this rate!

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-10, 00:09
Well I've just discovered that winter boots I ordered and which were dispatched on the 13th Dec are being delivered by Hermes so not holding out much hope of getting them before this cold snap ends!!!:(

Phone the company you ordered them from Liz. See if they can give you any information at all about it.

I also want to give something to my postie but the person has changed every day pretty much for the last few weeks! Havent seen my normal postie at all! Dont want to sound mean but i cant afford to give em all a wee present!

Was back out to the bin mannies today with a pack of choc chip shortbread.

Just need to nab my normal postie now! :cool:

Liz
22-Dec-10, 13:30
No you will get them in our summer..at this rate!
Might still be snowing then!:eek:

Phone the company you ordered them from Liz. See if they can give you any information at all about it.

I also want to give something to my postie but the person has changed every day pretty much for the last few weeks! Havent seen my normal postie at all! Dont want to sound mean but i cant afford to give em all a wee present!

Was back out to the bin mannies today with a pack of choc chip shortbread.

I emailed them Shelley and they said they would 'chase' the courier and get back to me.

Don't be silly we know you are not mean! I just give to the 'regulars' as well.:D

Kodiak
22-Dec-10, 15:20

What you could do is drop the little somethng off at the Royal Mail Sorting Office in Trail Street. Write of the outside that it is for the regular Postman who delivers to..........Your Address.........and ask the Postie behind the counter to give it to him. It should then get to the correct person.

Dadie
22-Dec-10, 15:35
I got oor normal postie today.
I had taped a card to my door with William oor postie on it just incase I was out and had my fingers xxed it was him.
I got home before he arrived and was glad it was him!

Maximo
22-Dec-10, 15:46
I've found Hermes to be okay. They left my parcels in my recylcling box out the back of my house on a few occasions. Better than the home delivery network who didn't even appear to knock and then took my parcel back to Inverness!

lindsaymcc
22-Dec-10, 16:17
Just got mine that was out for delivery since 16th...... eldest daughter finally has her winter coat!

Dadie
22-Dec-10, 16:27
Oh please dont get me excited....
I might get the girls bits and pieces before their party tommorrow!
Yippee last chance of a santa pressie (from santa at the party) and the nativity set being done before Christmas!

mil1
22-Dec-10, 17:34
Got another delivery today through Hermes and it was out for delivery on 9th December, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all still waiting on parcels.:)

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-10, 18:09
Really hope everyone gets their deliveries! I am waiting on DPD now. And i have to say the are 10x worse than Hermes! [evil]

Luckily, AJG are going to take over the delivery. Since they took over this morning they got it from England to Inverness by 1pm. Its getting delivered tomorrow! :Razz Thank goodness, especially after so long me crying on the phone to DPD yesterday! AJG - 5 minute call. "yes Mrs Cowie your delivery will be delivered by "mannys name" and here is his number......." Couldnt ask for better!

Chrisf1961
22-Dec-10, 18:14
Hope it gets sorted...still awaiting my Charlie Bear from QVC sent 3rd December...getting rather miffed now as even QVC can tell me where it is .......its a case with these companies and couriers we got your brass now sod off.....

Liz
22-Dec-10, 19:23
Hope it gets sorted...still awaiting my Charlie Bear from QVC sent 3rd December...getting rather miffed now as even QVC can tell me where it is .......its a case with these companies and couriers we got your brass now sod off.....

I would get back on to QVC as have always found their customer service to be excellent.

I hate to say it but it might be that it's been delivered to someone else by mistake and they have been dishonest and kept it?

I got someone elses orders from both QVC and Pets At Home!

Hope this isn't the case though and that you get your Charlie Bear before Christmas . If it doesn't come in time why don't you buy a nice cuddly bear locally and put a note with it to say it's brother or sister will be arriving in the New Year?

BRIE
22-Dec-10, 23:29
ive been tracking my delivery with Hermes for the last week today it finally said delivered to letterbox! problem is its not been delivered to my letterbox! grr so where the heck is it?? even the company dont know:(

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-10, 23:32
ive been tracking my delivery with Hermes for the last week today it finally said delivered to letterbox! problem is its not been delivered to my letterbox! grr so where the heck is it?? even the company dont know:(

That is rediculous Brie! If i was you i would be calling the company you ordered from and raising a dispute about the unreliable company they use to deliver.

I would also be stressing to Hermes themselves. Speak to nobody less than a manager. Demand regular updates on your complaint. If that doesnt happen, go higher! Director of the company. ;)

KCI
22-Dec-10, 23:34
Shelley, you are so harsh!

If I ever need someone to sort out my probs, I'll be getting in touch with you! :eek:

ShelleyCowie
22-Dec-10, 23:48
Shelley, you are so harsh!

If I ever need someone to sort out my probs, I'll be getting in touch with you! :eek:

Yes i am harsh aint i! [lol] But....it gets the job done! If you just complain to the helpdesk they will brush it off.

If it was solely the bad weather then yes ok we expect delays. Royal Mail are doing an excellent job at the moment, Hermes does bad all year round!

Even though i ended up in tears yesterday after my delightful 8 hours on the phone DPD then found my parcel and it was shipped immediately back to be sent here! (yes ladies, crying works) :lol:

Dadie
23-Dec-10, 14:10
Shelley do you have a no for hermes that will actually ring?
And be answered!
Im still having no joy...and the company I ordered from has shut for the holidays!

ShelleyCowie
23-Dec-10, 14:18
Shelley do you have a no for hermes that will actually ring?
And be answered!
Im still having no joy...and the company I ordered from has shut for the holidays!

Sorry Dadie the only number i have is 0871 246 1583

If its not working you can log an email to get a reply here https://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/portal/PN_CTR/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_hgC8cgE09LYwN3tyAXA0 8LRwN3Q3djYwMDA_1wkA4kFRaGrs4GRsaOxh7m5gHGBibGEHkD HMDRQN_PIz83Vb8gOzvN0VFREQBA_AeH/dl2/d1/L0lJSklKSUpDZ3BSQS9JUGpBQUF4QUFFU29BQ0pHNGVGdS9ZQn B4SkZ3NDE0a3N0eW9RLzZfUzhBUjRJOTMwT0pSNTBJSUY1Tjg0 TTI0TzEvN19TOEFSNEk5MzBPSlI1MElJRjVOODRNMjQ0MC9yZW ZyZXNo/?content=Contact%20Us#7_S8AR4I930OJR50IIF5N84M2440 NOANCHOR

orkneycadian
23-Dec-10, 14:26
Good stuff this TV/Internet/Home shopping! ;)

Dadie
23-Dec-10, 14:32
Tried both over the last 3 days....so rude not even a reply to the emails!
And the phone seems to be off the hook!
Finally got through on the phone it is in the "Wick" depot since 6 days with inverness couriers...never heard of em.
They cannot give me the no to phone and I cant find them to get the parcel myself!

Chrisf1961
23-Dec-10, 17:03
What a nightmare Dadie....ive just got QVC to re send another Charlie Bear out to replace the one that hasnt turned up..unfortunatley it has to come via Hermes again!....still showing on QVCs system as in Perth...or on Hermes website still showing out for delivery on the 18th...lets face it they couldnt give a damn

Chrisf1961
24-Dec-10, 15:41
Found Inverness couriers on google ?

Inverness Courier

01463 233059
Stadium Dv, Inverness, Scottish Highland, IV1 1FF

Have a guess what .....phone rings no reply

Dadie
25-Dec-10, 00:53
I got mine late tonight thank goodness..as it was easy to pack pressies..as I have something to go to....:eek:
Expected but not this soon!

heather11
25-Dec-10, 21:21
still waiting for a parcel from hermes from debenhams. out for delivery since 15th december 2010. too late now the school dance has passed - they will just be returned to debenhams when and if they arrive[evil]!!

Dadie
25-Dec-10, 22:20
They have a massive backlog...as I was informed by the delivery chap...he looked through 2 crates out of 4 for our wee delivery area:eek:
As I spent hours on hold waiting to talk to anyone at hermes...and when I did get someone[evil]
I wouldnt let them go until I had the info needed!
Even offered to go and get my parcel myself!...but thats a no no ...

neepnipper
25-Dec-10, 22:33
Still havn't got parcel I ordered on the 3rd December, ridiculous.

elastic band
28-Dec-10, 22:34
i ordered winter boots from mandmdirect on 5th december for my daughters christmas pressie. Duly had an email advising item was dispatched on 11th december to courier, which i thought would be fine. Waited until 20th when they had advised i was to get back in touch if item had not been received and was told they had sent it via Hermes. Was advised due to adverse weather etc etc it was stuck in Perth depot. Next update Christmas eve to advise item was out of stock -somewhat confused i rang mandm who explained they would have sent a replacement but item had sold out due to demand. That's okay i explained i would just like my original parcel please -get this -they are now saying due to volume of parcels in depot there is no guarantee my parcel will be there !!!!!!. They cannot track it and they cannot ask Hermes to check if it is there -shocking level of customer service i think. I fully appreciate delay etc after all, weather in not there fault and it must be a nightmare at this time of year but to then wash their collective hands of at least checking to see where her present is, is just not good enough.

Dadie
28-Dec-10, 23:20
The website still has Caithness as an affected area.
I hope you get your delivery after the new year...sometime...the depot is apparetly stuffed!

Chrisf1961
29-Dec-10, 12:23
WAHOO! ONE CHARLIE BEAR ARRIVED FROM THE 2ND !

My wifey is very happy now and has given Tiff Toff a new home well ...lets say shes clutching and hugging him to death talking to him on how hes had a difficult journey stuck in a box all this way !

onecalledk
29-Dec-10, 13:50
Hermes website is a joke is it not? ordered stuff from NEXT sale and clicked the link on the email for tracking and it takes me to HERMES website, which shows the order being generated days and days ago and nothing else....

if all the comments on this thread are accurate and HERMES do have a HUGE backlog then why is stuff continuing to be sent using this carrier ??????

K

Dadie
29-Dec-10, 14:14
Because they dont relay this information to the sellers...
And boast about their reliability and speed of service and much cheapness.
Then once they have the money and parcels the fun begins[evil]

onecalledk
29-Dec-10, 14:19
hmmm time to phone NEXT and have a word then .........dont actually think I have ever ordered from NEXT and received anything within the time scale that they state since living in Caithness, used to be next (pardon the pun) day delivery but now 100 miles away its more like next week delivery ........

Perhaps a lesson for us all in finding out which couriers will be trying to deliver and then shopping accordingly. There are couriers out there that can deliver in good time but unfortunatley there are the few who are a joke .......

K

Dadie
05-Jan-11, 12:52
My heart is sinking...just got the delivery information on the clothes I ordered for Euan in Peacocks sale...

Guess who is supposed to be delivering it!

He might outgrow the stuff before it arrives!

emszxr
05-Jan-11, 13:19
who delivers for hermes in caithness. do they have vans with hermes on it?

onecalledk
05-Jan-11, 14:22
got my stuff from the NEXT sale delivered yesterday. Has the 23rd December clearly stamped on the outside of the parcels so not bad considering the bad weather and the xmas/new year break. Wasnt expecting it so soon after the thread about Hermes unless of course NEXT are slipping them a bit more to deliver faster ;-)

K

Chrisf1961
05-Jan-11, 14:36
Still awaiting delivery of a QVC order via Hermes from 19th December, also wife ordered some boots from Evans sent on 23rd December, which show as received by the courier (ie the little van man) on 3rd Jan.

Chrisf1961
05-Jan-11, 14:37
who delivers for hermes in caithness. do they have vans with hermes on it?

As far as I know they are independant people who have their own little vans, the stuff is delivered to their home and then they go out in the local area to deliver. The vans don't have hermes on

porshiepoo
05-Jan-11, 14:41
I bought a Vitamix from Ideal World on the 9th December, in plenty of time for xmas. Apparantly not!
Watching the tracking number it seems it's been sitting in Inverness HDNL depot since 16th December. I know we had all that snow but still, it's now 5th of ruddy January.
I rang em last week and was promised delivery yesterday. Waited in - nothing. Rang em just now and they reckon delivery tomorrow so another day of waiting. PLUS a 10p a minute call charge [evil]
Worst thing is I bought the Vitamix hoping me and mum could spend xmas and New Year testing it out. Mum flew home yesterday without even seeing it! [evil]

Wonder how this effects the money back guarantee that Ideal World offer. At this rate it'll have expired before I even get the thing!

onecalledk
05-Jan-11, 15:39
I bought a Vitamix from Ideal World on the 9th December, in plenty of time for xmas. Apparantly not!
Watching the tracking number it seems it's been sitting in Inverness HDNL depot since 16th December. I know we had all that snow but still, it's now 5th of ruddy January.
I rang em last week and was promised delivery yesterday. Waited in - nothing. Rang em just now and they reckon delivery tomorrow so another day of waiting. PLUS a 10p a minute call charge [evil]
Worst thing is I bought the Vitamix hoping me and mum could spend xmas and New Year testing it out. Mum flew home yesterday without even seeing it! [evil]

Wonder how this effects the money back guarantee that Ideal World offer. At this rate it'll have expired before I even get the thing!

the money back guarantee should be from when you receive your order unless they state otherwise on their website. Was a thing about late delivery and sending stuff back on the telly the other night. Its not from the time it is sent but from when you receive it. Ironically you would probably be quicker cancelling and reordering , am convinced there is huge pile of mail that they are "getting round to" but are working at whilst still delivering other mail since then ........ I could of course just be paranoid but the fact that I got a delivery from NEXT within a few days of ordering just at xmas would suggest perhaps I am right.

I am still waiting on a magazine subscription, have received the january edition but december is nowhere to be seen, they have told me it was sent out but as royal mail cant find where it is they have sent replacement. HOw can something that was sent out earlier not turn up and something later TURN uP?

a big clue for this year would be not to rely on deliveries......

good luck

K

Chrisf1961
05-Jan-11, 15:57
The deliveries certainly seem to be hit and miss, I placed an order with Studio on 29th December and the tracking for that shows that it's also at the HDNL depot in the depot on the van in Inverness so seems odd that mine from 29th December is there and yet yours from Ideal World is also still there from so long ago.

Same as my Hermes stuff, one showing already at the couriers home which was only ordered on 23rd, yet the earlier one is no-where to be seen

emszxr
05-Jan-11, 20:52
with next, they cant guarentee next day delivery for caithness and shouldnt be telling a customer they can.
there used to be a delivery day on the parcel so the courier knew it had to be out by then.
if i collected my parcels from inverness i made sure they were all out the next day, that was covering pretty much all of caithness and doing 300 parcels a day.
and when i lived in inverness and did same contract i was doing all caithness and as far west as skerray, i was doing 300 plus parcels a day and doing 16 hour days, making sure everyone got their deliveries.
think they need to start re-thinking their couriers and delivery system.

porshiepoo
05-Jan-11, 21:25
Well, I've just forked out £25 and travelled all the way down to Inverness to pick the Vitamix up from HDN depot.
The box is well battered, looks as though they've spent the last few weeks kicking it out of the way. Haven't opened it yet but I'll be livid if it's damaged.
Hmmmm wonder if Ideal World will refund the travelling expenses.

porshiepoo
05-Jan-11, 21:27
The deliveries certainly seem to be hit and miss, I placed an order with Studio on 29th December and the tracking for that shows that it's also at the HDNL depot in the depot on the van in Inverness so seems odd that mine from 29th December is there and yet yours from Ideal World is also still there from so long ago.

Same as my Hermes stuff, one showing already at the couriers home which was only ordered on 23rd, yet the earlier one is no-where to be seen

If I'd known I could maybe have picked your parcel up for you. Absolutely ridiculous that I've had to go all the way down there to get it.

Dadie
06-Jan-11, 15:31
Have you told the companies you ordered from about the problems hermes is having up here.
I did.
Maybe if more do they will either sort out the problems..or use another courier!

onecalledk
11-Jan-11, 17:21
Just phoned NEXT to query why order has not been delivered despite being out to courier on the 5th January. Lady on phone told me they had no further tracking info but she would put in query, then she asked if I wished to reorder item. Which I thought a tad strange, its a sale item says I so why would you reorder anyway if my parcel is "out for delivery to courier". Ah well she says getting a bit nervous, it appears they cant tell us exactly where it is and we dont know if you will ever receive it and then told me the item was sold out .....

So I then explain to her the problem with NEXT using HERMES and how other couriers can fight there way up the A9 but Hermes choose not to , the fact the nearest store is 100 miles away and how this is not good service to customers north of Inverness......

to which she says ..."ok I will feed that back " .......

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

of course sods law said that the items I ordered I wasnt too fussed about would get through ok and the one order I was waiting on is in outer space ....

Why have a tracking system that doesnt work ? Will be watching my NEXT statement with interest ......

K