PDA

View Full Version : xmas sunday post

Mr P Cannop
19-Dec-10, 14:29
has any one got any post though thier doors yet ?? eg Thurso and Wick ??

lindsaymcc
19-Dec-10, 14:30
We have had a parcel in Thurso today - Quitep leased as it was only posted thursday from Dorset!

Stack Rock
19-Dec-10, 14:32
Royal mail delivered a couple of parcels at lunchtime today - good service

Mr P Cannop
19-Dec-10, 14:34
anyone in spring park Thurso had any letters yet ??

Kodiak
19-Dec-10, 14:47
I had Mrs Kodiak's Christmas Present delivered at 11.10 hrs this Morning by Royal Mail.

Great service by Royal Mail as it was posted in Swansea on Thursday Evening at 17.30 hrs.

To come From Swansea to Thurso in this weather in the time it did is what you call great service. Well done to Royal Mail.

captain chaos
19-Dec-10, 16:06
Our postman just delivered a parcel about 15 mins ago posted 29th Nov from USA.

All credit to the local post guys and gals for getting out and about today.

Castletown Area

cormack4
19-Dec-10, 16:17
hi, it was parcels only today that where being delivered

bekisman
19-Dec-10, 16:18
We had our post delivered at 7 pm last night - but then again, out in the sticks does not help..

Mr P Cannop
19-Dec-10, 16:29
hats off to royal mail men and women for being out in this snowie weather

goldenguernsey
19-Dec-10, 16:30
we got a christmas card delivered today too

pink
19-Dec-10, 17:19
yup i got a parcel delivered at lunch time today , had me wondering if i was on the right day !! Great service

Sarah
19-Dec-10, 17:22
Wow I didn't know there was Sunday post, anyone know if Sutherland is getting some?

Kodiak
19-Dec-10, 17:37
It was reported on the News yesterday that Royal Mail were delivering today, Sunday, to ease the backlog of deliveries.

When I heard this I said to Mrs Kodiak, "That is great news, but I bet they don't deliver up here in Caithness" Just how wrong was I, Royal Mail were out in force today delivering all over Caithness, Well Done.

embow
19-Dec-10, 17:40
Read the title and thought it was a week early. But jings, crivvens and help ma boab, not to worry. There surely will be a Xmas Sunday Post------ how could the gossipmongers and chattering classes possibly manage without it!;)

stekar
19-Dec-10, 18:08
We got a few letters and an Amazon parcel today. We're just outside Thurso.
Thanks Postie!

Commore
19-Dec-10, 18:14
does NOT extend to recorded delivery it would appear[evil]

lindsaymcc
19-Dec-10, 18:22

Dont get me started on the state of Recorded Delivery Commore! Dad posted me something REC DEL on 6th December...... and it still hasnt arrived! Ive given up waiting for it as it appears a member of staff has decided to take the contents.... £30 WH SMiths vouchers!

Kodiak
19-Dec-10, 18:32
Dont get me started on the state of Recorded Delivery Commore! Dad posted me something REC DEL on 6th December...... and it still hasnt arrived! Ive given up waiting for it as it appears a member of staff has decided to take the contents.... £30 WH SMiths vouchers!

I would be very careful stating what you just did, as posting things like that on a public forum could be looked on as Libel.

Also Royal Mail's advice is to never send Money or Vouchers by Recorded Delivery, these items should be sent Special Delivery as that way they are fully insured.

Commore
19-Dec-10, 18:33
Dont get me started on the state of Recorded Delivery Commore! Dad posted me something REC DEL on 6th December...... and it still hasnt arrived! Ive given up waiting for it as it appears a member of staff has decided to take the contents.... £30 WH SMiths vouchers!y

well I don't know anout theft of content, but my mother posted same day as your dad and I know the post office has it, but where now, its not here thats for sure,
is you dad going to make it in time for christmas or what,

lindsaymcc
19-Dec-10, 18:39
To be honest, Im not that bothered if someone has taken the contents of the letter - I just hope they needed it more than I did!

Im hoping Dad will make it up Commore - the flight into and out of Wick has happened today, so there is hope for Wednesday.

On the whole though, Royal Mail have been fantastic, and should my letter arrive at some point, then great! (Although it was a christmas present to be sent out again, so plan B came into operation yesterday!)

afc100
19-Dec-10, 18:52
We are in Scrabster & got a parcel delivered at 16.45. Very impressed with the posties

Hoida
19-Dec-10, 19:41
No problem with Royal Mail deliveries up here. I posted a special delivery package on Monday to Johnstone in Renfrewshire and it was there on Wednesday morning.Can't complain about that. A parcel sent 1st class ordinary post arrived the following day.
Well done Royal Mail

cja275
19-Dec-10, 23:49

Recorded deliveries were going out today. Remember though, a recorded delivery parcel is the same as any other parcel, it just means someone has to sign for it.
Special deliveries get there quicker, but cost way more!

DrChin
20-Dec-10, 00:16
Superb service from Royal Mail today. I ordered five Christmas Presents on Friday. All were sent by Royal Mail and two of them I received on Saturday and the other three I received this afternoon.

Now that is what I call service as non of the Parcels were exactly small either. Royal Mail is the best courier in UK and also the cheapest. :Razz

onecalledk
20-Dec-10, 00:19

received a recorded delivery parcel at luncthime today .... so yes it does extend to recorded delivery. Took 5 days to get here but it got here...

K

purplelady
20-Dec-10, 00:44
I posted a parcel down to kent on weds first class and it still has not arrived i know they are busy but it seems that they are delivering whatever comes in and if you are lucky enough to geyt you will paid £10 to post it too