PDA

View Full Version : Buses from Wick Airport - Thurso

lindsaymcc
19-Dec-10, 13:03
Hi all,

does anyone know the bus times from the airport through to Thurso? Looking at Wednesday lunctime? Dad is HOPEFULLY going to land at 12 noon, and if the roads are still bad, I just want a back up plan for him to get into Thurso by bus.

Tried looking online but couldnt seem to bring up a timetable?!

Thanks in advance!

NickInTheNorth
19-Dec-10, 13:17
1203, 1303, 1403, That's the 82 from the airport terminal to Olrig street at 1258, 1358, 1458

lindsaymcc
19-Dec-10, 13:28
Thanks Nick! You little star!

Dadie
19-Dec-10, 13:54
Sorry to put this, but, the buses are a bit unpredictable in this weather...some if not all get cancelled without the stagecoach website getting updated...listen to mfr on the morning to find out more!
I stood at the busstop like an idiot on friday for half am hour before giving up:eek:

Fran
19-Dec-10, 18:52
From the Norseman, wick they leave every quarter past the hour via Halkirk to thurso.

mums angels
19-Dec-10, 19:31
Best bet is Taxi .. barring that where are you ? IF my hubby gets in on Wednesday we have a lift organised for him through to Thurso maybe we can arrange something but at the minute we have no idea whats happening with his flights

lindsaymcc
19-Dec-10, 21:05
Mumsangel - thats really sweet thanks!

We are on Heathfield Rd near the High School, but he is quite capable of walking from the town as will only have a rucksack with him (we have a full supply of his clothes here for his visits to save on baggage charges!)

Im hoping to be able to get out to pick him up myself, but will depend a lot on the Thurso - Wick road and how confident hubby is feeling!

I am thinking positive in that he WILL get his Stansted - Edinburgh - Wick flights and I wont need to think about train or bus replacements!!!

fingers crossed they get home safe hey! xx

mums angels
19-Dec-10, 21:20
Mumsangel - thats really sweet thanks!

We are on Heathfield Rd near the High School, but he is quite capable of walking from the town as will only have a rucksack with him (we have a full supply of his clothes here for his visits to save on baggage charges!)

Im hoping to be able to get out to pick him up myself, but will depend a lot on the Thurso - Wick road and how confident hubby is feeling!

I am thinking positive in that he WILL get his Stansted - Edinburgh - Wick flights and I wont need to think about train or bus replacements!!!

fingers crossed they get home safe hey! xx

Yeah fingers crossed I will actually be happy if he gets into the UK on Wednesday at this rate .. least then i will still have 2 days to get him home by any means possible am now watching Heathrow and Johanasburg airport departures like a hawk :lol: as soon as things start moving i will be much more hopeful currently i am not holding my breath.

Dadie
19-Dec-10, 23:48
Hope you get him home ok.

lindsaymcc
20-Dec-10, 09:32
All hope is out the window this morning...... not looking good is it!

mums angels
20-Dec-10, 10:24
All hope is out the window this morning...... not looking good is it!

Afraid not ! My hubby is more than likely to spend xmas day in johanasburg airport :( i am praying for rain and lots off it ! but will be happy if it just stops snowing

lindsaymcc
20-Dec-10, 10:27
Afraid not ! My hubby is more than likely to spend xmas day in johanasburg airport :( i am praying for rain and lots off it ! but will be happy if it just stops snowing

Its rubbish. I know its only my dad, so not as important as you having hubby home for you and the kids, but its heartbreaking!! I would rather the council ignored all the side roads right now and concentrated on all the airports!!!! Im in that sort of mood right now, that Im feeling its all just NOT FAIR! (RThrows toddler style tantrum!)

Dadie
20-Dec-10, 10:31
I want my little side road done.....so I can take Euan to the Doctors....
He is still not well.
But yes I would like to see the airports cleared as well!

lindsaymcc
20-Dec-10, 10:36
I want my little side road done.....so I can take Euan to the Doctors....
He is still not well.
But yes I would like to see the airports cleared as well!

Awww Dadie - sorry, I dont mean it really, Im just in the mood for a tantrum! Hope the wee one feels better soon, no fun being ill over christmas!

IF the Wick flights happen today, my confidence may increase again, but right now I feel like its all DOOMED!

cherokee
20-Dec-10, 10:43
My heart goes out to you all........:(

It's the not knowing, that must make it worse, and just holding your breath with fingers crossed !!!

I'll do a wee rain dance for you and your families !

I pray that you all have your nearest and dearest alongside you on Christmas Day :D

mums angels
20-Dec-10, 13:01
Its rubbish. I know its only my dad, so not as important as you having hubby home for you and the kids, but its heartbreaking!! I would rather the council ignored all the side roads right now and concentrated on all the airports!!!! Im in that sort of mood right now, that Im feeling its all just NOT FAIR! (RThrows toddler style tantrum!)

After taking a walk down the town today it doesnt look like the council have done any side roads and are all busy on the main routes but i know what you mean ... in saying that if the council cleared my side road i might well take the chance and drive to London in hope of picking him up myself :lol: wont know until tomorrow night now if he will get back into uk so going to be a long wait .

Dadie hope your wee man feels better soon and cherokee the rain dance and sentiments are appreciated thanks :)

Dadie
20-Dec-10, 14:13
I cancelled the docs appt for him today as I spent an hour pathetically digging round the car before giving up....
I sunk to past my knees in the snow....some bits were thigh high.
The kids were running riot in the house...and I wasnt getting anywhere...
So he has an appt for tommorrow!
I cant reach the top of the car properly to get the snow off...so thats a job for hubby when he gets home.
So if the main roads would have been as bad as our side road if they hadnt been done...:eek:
Shows how bad it is!