PDA

View Full Version : roads?

highlander101
19-Dec-10, 11:14
what like is the roads?

Cattach
19-Dec-10, 11:22
what like is the roads?

Dreadful. Just look out the window and see.

chaz
19-Dec-10, 11:25
last night watten to georgemas was awful about 9.30 havent been out today tho.

asphodel
19-Dec-10, 12:45
This from Traffic Scotland Sunday 19th:
Weather Forecast for Highland and Western Isles

Further heavy showers will affect the North of Highland throughout today and tonight, with further moderate to heavy accumulations, the snow especially affecting the Inverness to Wick and Thurso routes, where driving conditions will be very difficult or dangerous.

bekisman
19-Dec-10, 12:51
Our road; the U155 is impassible.. wonder if we could have a Sticky with posts about what road conditions are like in the North?
i.e. can I get to Thurso on the A836 from Strathy? etc.. just a thought

billmoseley
19-Dec-10, 13:36
Our road; the U155 is impassible.. wonder if we could have a Sticky with posts about what road conditions are like in the North?
i.e. can I get to Thurso on the A836 from Strathy? etc.. just a thought

should be no problem the roads have been ploughed and well gritted just take care

bekisman
19-Dec-10, 13:42
should be no problem the roads have been ploughed and well gritted just take care
Thanks Bill - see you're out west bettyhill(ish) gets pretty bad out there, we've got 8 inches from home the couple of miles to the A836, no emergency (yet) but we're off staying wit a friend Christmas Day and will be using our 'tyre socks' when we do..
Son in Germany tells me it's now Law over there to use 'winter tyres' during the 'winter' - often wonder why delivery vans don't have 4 wheel drive or at least winter tyres..:confused

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 15:03
Castletown road has finally been ploughed......unfortunately AFTER I had to venture out! lol

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-10, 15:21
I just went down the street and it was bad enough there. Seriously people dont go out there! But i had an emergency, my nephew was in the Church Christmas play :D

Fran
19-Dec-10, 18:49
wAS ON THE Wick-thurso and Thurso- Castletwon and thurso to Halkirk roads yesterday, white and not nice, but they are much worse today. take care. cant get out of my road.We have been out digging but it is covered again

Tugmistress
19-Dec-10, 18:57
I got bored earlier and went a drive, thurso to castletown was ok, castletown to dunnet was good, up to dunnet head was quite good too! side streets are more compact snow rather than slush so actually a bit safer!

bekisman
19-Dec-10, 19:00
I got bored earlier and went a drive, thurso to castletown was ok, castletown to dunnet was good, up to dunnet head was quite good too! side streets are more compact snow rather than slush so actually a bit safer!

Wot! bored on your birthday! :lol:

Tugmistress
19-Dec-10, 19:06
lol birthday was yesterday, got bored today so went for a drive - got a couple of nice pics of a band of snow coming through the pentland firth taken from dunnet head :)

bt total broadband
19-Dec-10, 20:09
dunbeath to helmsdale really bad tonight gates might be closed tonight if snow continues its bad

Venture
19-Dec-10, 20:40
Not very nice out there at all.
http://sites.google.com/site/trafficcamerassite/