PDA

View Full Version : any lightning tonight?

brandy
19-Dec-10, 00:35
ok this is weird, hubby and i both saw a flash of white light thru the front windows from dif. rooms a few min ago!
he was in the living room and i was in the hallway.
just a really bright really quick flash with no sound behind it.
anyone else notice it?

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 00:37
Not recently, but saw one or two flashes earlier this evening.....with very mild rumbles but doesna seem to have come to anything........Which Im glad of!!!

Bobbin
19-Dec-10, 00:38
yaah we noticed it here too. Really bright with thunder straight after.

Tosh
19-Dec-10, 00:39
Yes it is lightning and we had thunder, three flashes
Just had another, and again

Tubthumper
19-Dec-10, 00:40
We had a bit of a rumble earlier. A few flashes as well. It's been interesting tonight.

Stack Rock
Yep - south of Staxigoe at about 11.30

brandy
woohooo there it is again! we have thundersnow!

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 00:42
I take it back - just saw a flash South of the house!........Go Away!!!!

brandy
19-Dec-10, 00:42
and the thunder with the last one!

dafi
19-Dec-10, 00:46
We have had five so far tonight. The snow is a wet heavy stuff and blizzarding over here now.

annemarie482
19-Dec-10, 00:47
really bad in lyth!
big rumbles and huge flashes!
every minute or two must be over head!

DocStone
19-Dec-10, 00:48
Loads of flashes and rumbles over Wick, looks like sleet falling though. If the temps drop again the roads are going to be deadly.

brandy
19-Dec-10, 00:53
dounreay is saying not to travel even though the roads are not officially closed and the busses have stopped ... so pretty nasty out there!

Geo
19-Dec-10, 00:56
Some really bright flashes and loud thunder overhead at Bilbster. "Snowing" too, that fine stuff that's not quite hail and not quite snow.

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 01:00
Flashin in Castletown too !!!...lol
Roads are white, but it surprises me how fast some folk are still drviving!!!:roll:

Liz
19-Dec-10, 01:01
Had thunder and lightning on and off since about 7pm. Hope it stops for bedtime!!!:eek:

Liz
19-Dec-10, 01:03
Did anyone hear the hailstorm in the early hours of the morning?

It was rattling so hard off the windows I thought they would break!!!
Found one hailstone in the stray cats' feeding bowl and it was big!

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 01:07
Yeh that one woke me up Liz - little one managed to ignore it though after snuggling into me and near pushing me outta bed!

Dog-eared
19-Dec-10, 01:10
Pea sized hail in the wee hours here. Funny, after all the very fine snow.

Moira
19-Dec-10, 01:24
Thunder & lightning on the north side of Wick over the past hour or so. It didn't come too close so I did not panic. :D

Liz
19-Dec-10, 01:27
Yeh that one woke me up Liz - little one managed to ignore it though after snuggling into me and near pushing me outta bed!

Pea sized hail in the wee hours here. Funny, after all the very fine snow.

Wouldn't want that rattling on my lugs!!!:lol:

teenybash
19-Dec-10, 01:31
Lightening....I was out in it with one of dogs!!!!! Whole place was lighting up and then the thunder rattling.....Banjo didn't take too long to do his piddles and poops!!!!!!:eek:

Dadie
19-Dec-10, 12:02
There was about 3 flashes at the back window in the livingroom before it dawned on me what it was...It was bright blue flashes....
Then there was another 6 flashes or so before I got to sleep...didnt stand at the windows to watch, but the closest one was 1 elephant between the flash and the rumble!

Sage
19-Dec-10, 12:15
last night got the ** scared out of me.

Sitting in the living room a huge blue flash from the substation just outside and immediately a huge rumble of thunder.

I thought the substation had been hit, then realised we still had electricity :eek:

Two or three more after that in the distance, but it was totally unexpected...I'd been in the garden a minute before and there was no inkling that there's be any thunder & lightning

Kevin Milkins
19-Dec-10, 12:39
We were sat near to the window in Spoons last night and I thought I saw lighting on a few occasions but because no one else saw it, I just put it down to people taking photos and it was the flash off a camera.:confused

Beat Bug
19-Dec-10, 12:44
Couldn't sleep, so was up about 2am. Thunder and lightning. Everything turned blue!

kel24
19-Dec-10, 13:40
There was loads of blue flashes in Thurso lastnight, fork and sheet lightning, only heard a couple of small rumbles though. went to bed at about 1am and it was still going on.

Liz
19-Dec-10, 14:21
Lightening....I was out in it with one of dogs!!!!! Whole place was lighting up and then the thunder rattling.....Banjo didn't take too long to do his piddles and poops!!!!!!:eek:

Think I would have joined him if I'd been out in that!!!:eek::lol:

Commore
19-Dec-10, 18:36
we had a dozen or so flashes between 10.30 and 11.00 pm, but no thunder:roll:

Tugmistress
19-Dec-10, 18:55
I heard a few grumbles of thunder but saw no lightning lol though maybe it was better halfs backside ;)

braalterr903
19-Dec-10, 19:38
we had it in halkirk for ages hate it.