PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Pressie's

Angel
19-Dec-10, 00:02
There was a time when I must have this or that for Christmas or i'd be miserable but as you get older these wants and needs fade away... Even my boy at 17 asks for nothing in particular but we feel we must buy him something... so instead of an actual wrapped gift, we have organised a surprise for him...

So apart from world peace, what would you like Santa to bring you for Christmas.

Angel...

ShelleyCowie
19-Dec-10, 00:14
A house that actually fits us in! haha naw jokin!

I want my husband to get better! :( Would trade my health for that!

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 00:31
Im greedy, I would like a big lump sum of money to land in my lap (like a lotto win)......only so I can have the OH home, instead of working away!:(

shazzap
19-Dec-10, 01:05
It would be impossible to get what i want sadly.

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 01:11
It would be impossible to get what i want sadly.

That's not good :(

shazzap
19-Dec-10, 01:19
A lot of people think they have to have expensive presents. Whatever happened to, it's the thought that counts.

But like i said, i would like to turn the clock back, and have my son and mother back. Also all the other souls who have gone, and would not like to get the cancer which took away so much from me. I would also wish for no more suffering to any one, no matter what race creed or colour they are.

Sorry to all if i sound a miserable so an so, but it is coming up to my sons anniversary. Also this is how i feel and what i would really want.

Scarybiscuits03
19-Dec-10, 01:56
A lot of people think they have to have expensive presents. Whatever happened to, it's the thought that counts.

But like i said, i would like to turn the clock back, and have my son and mother back. Also all the other souls who have gone, and would not like to get the cancer which took away so much from me. I would also wish for no more suffering to any one, no matter what race creed or colour they are.

Sorry to all if i sound a miserable so an so, but it is coming up to my sons anniversary. Also this is how i feel and what i would really want.

If I were you I would want the same thing - thinking of you..

mums angels
19-Dec-10, 02:04
At this rate i would happily give up all my pressies just to have the gaurantee that Hubby will get home on Wednesday safe and sound

shazzap
19-Dec-10, 02:04
If I were you I would want the same thing - thinking of you..

Thank you SB.
I hope everyone has the Christmas they hope for, and enjoy themselves.
I don't expect people to be the same as me. I just wish i could enjoy it. i know there are others who have lost loved ones, and at this time of year it seems to hit a little harder then usual. I am lucky i have family and friends, some don't.

Tugmistress
19-Dec-10, 10:43
i spent the last 5 years alone at christmas, so the best pressie for me is i wont be alone this year! :D

cherokee
19-Dec-10, 10:47
Thank you SB.
I hope everyone has the Christmas they hope for, and enjoy themselves.
I don't expect people to be the same as me. I just wish i could enjoy it. i know there are others who have lost loved ones, and at this time of year it seems to hit a little harder then usual. I am lucky i have family and friends, some don't.

As SB has already said, I'll be thinking of you this Christmas shazzap......

This time of year does bring sad memories as well as happy ones, much more poignant when there is an empty chair at the Christmas dinner table.

My Darling Mum would've been 81 this Christmas Day....... God rest
her soul. :(

Fluff
19-Dec-10, 11:30
I got the thing I wanted a couple of months ago, a beautiful sparkly ring :D

There is only 2 things I want (apart from a couple of million pounds lol) 1; my OH to start making decisions on what he wants for the wedding! and 2; to be able to go to my new store ASAP!!

Angel
20-Dec-10, 21:54
It seems money has a high priority in a lot of peoples eyes... it's nice to have of course but loved ones and health have more value hands down...

But for some people perhaps money is the answer...

Angel...

KCI
21-Dec-10, 09:46
I don't need anything really.

Got my Hubby and kids - my yongest is nearly 2 now, so he'll be excited this year. His excitement and happiness will be my pressie! :lol:

lindsaymcc
21-Dec-10, 09:52
Ive got nothing this year.... tell a lie, I have a book to open on Christmas morning. My Gran has given me some money to put towards the new TV we want to buy after Christmas, and thats about it, but do you know what.... I dont care!

I have my health, my family and will be surrounded by smiles on Christmas day. Do I NEED anything other than that?! Seeing my childrens faces as they open their presents is more than enough for me!

Ok, so a lottery win would be lovely, but more from a secure future point of view, in that I can buy my own house, have a pension in place for my retirement etc, all the security I dont have right now.

Maybe Im just not all that materialistic!

chaz
21-Dec-10, 09:57
Not looking for anything special just everyone together:) Not a lot of gifts this year as no one has asked for much but going to see my father aged 91 in january.
Most people are too materialistic, more so at christmas :confused

honey
21-Dec-10, 10:27
just seeing the excitement on my boys' faces in the morning is present enough. It would be lovely for my family to join us too as we r in glasgow, but its enough just knowing they are having a great day too!

Phoebus_Apollo
21-Dec-10, 11:17
I wouldn`t mind an ES-175 if santa is listening....:Razz

Dadie
21-Dec-10, 11:18
I want good road conditions...and the trains and planes to be running...
Or more realistically socks will do!

Liz
21-Dec-10, 15:41
Hope everyone can be together for Christmas.

All I want from Santa is a unblocked nose!:~( I have sinusitis and been 'bunged up' on and off for weeks now.
So I just want to breath for Christmas!:D

I don't get any actual pressies so bought myself some books.:lol:

Beat Bug
21-Dec-10, 16:00
Our present to each other was Christmas in a hotel in Harrogate. But because of the weather, we've had to cancel. But we will have each other, and hopefully the roads will be clear enough for our daughter and son-in-law to come to us from Hampshire for New Year with our new grandson!

Angel
23-Dec-10, 23:29
The minute I accepted that the material things did not matter anymore, as if by magic more arrived...

If the faces of the children which I fing beautiful when their 'wishes' come true and thet have that thing they have 'always wanted'...

I remember when I used to say that... when always was at least a week...

Merry Christmas to all...

Angel...
From the top of the tree...

Sarah
24-Dec-10, 14:08
Well I'd love a winning lottery ticket first, but as they does seem a bit greedy, I would love a 6ft fish tank and some goldfish :)

I would also like Ozzy the greyhound from the rescue centre in Skye :)

Ricco
24-Dec-10, 17:08
There was a time when I must have this or that for Christmas or i'd be miserable but as you get older these wants and needs fade away... Even my boy at 17 asks for nothing in particular but we feel we must buy him something... so instead of an actual wrapped gift, we have organised a surprise for him...

So apart from world peace, what would you like Santa to bring you for Christmas.

Angel...

What I would like cannot be published here, nor go on a Christmas list. As you say... as time goes by there is less that I want or need; I did ask for a Tibetian Singing Bowl but that was 'poo-pooed'. Well, it was what I wanted! Too late I thought of a Kindle, so that will have tp be next year.

Angel
30-Dec-10, 23:14
Well the pressie I've always wanted (well since I saw it in November) arrived today... woo-hoo and it fits beautifully... woo-hoo, trouble is what I wanted it for has been and gone boo-hoo... I will just have to wait for the next party... woo-hoo...

Love to all

Angel...