PDA

View Full Version : Yeeeeehaaaaaa we is back

changilass
18-Dec-10, 21:32
Thanks guys for sorting things out, missed my second home.

wickscorrie
18-Dec-10, 21:34
me too changi, hate not having my virtual eye working

Colin Manson
18-Dec-10, 21:39
Don't thank me cos I broke it in the first place :(

Because the posts table in the database is so big it is very difficult to rebuild it over the net, a local fix would have been much easier.

I've rebuilt it 3 times tonight and the first two attempts ended up with server crashes. Third time lucky it worked but reported a fair few errors, so some stuff might be a little bit strange. If you find something that doesn't look right then hit the report button and I'll look into it.

Cheers
Colin

Elenna
18-Dec-10, 21:40
Ooo...it looks like I chose a great moment to check. Welcome back forums! Ive missed hearing how everyone is, especially with all the mad weather we've been having since early yesterday.

d.polson
18-Dec-10, 21:42
Like many many others it,s goooood to have you back well done..

changilass
18-Dec-10, 21:42
Did you have to sit on the naughty seat for an hour Colin?

Kodiak
18-Dec-10, 21:44
It will be a good Christmas now :Razz

canuck
18-Dec-10, 21:49

Because the posts table in the database is so big it is very difficult to rebuild it over the net, a local fix would have been much easier.

I've rebuilt it 3 times tonight and the first two attempts ended up with server crashes. Third time lucky it worked but reported a fair few errors, so some stuff might be a little bit strange. If you find something that doesn't look right then hit the report button and I'll look into it.

Cheers
Colin

Cause of the break or not, thank you Colin for getting things up and running again.

Colin Manson
18-Dec-10, 21:49
Did you have to sit on the naughty seat for an hour Colin?

Sort of I've been suffering punishment via mass email spam, everytime that someone checked the forum I got an email. I much have deleted over 50,000 emails in the last two days.

canuck
18-Dec-10, 21:52
Sort of I've been suffering punishment via mass email spam, everytime that someone checked the forum I got an email. I much have deleted over 50,000 emails in the last two days.

Well at least you know now just how popular you are.

changilass
18-Dec-10, 21:53
Just shows you how popular it is.

I should probably appologise for about 250 of those (there is the red faced smiley when you need it).

ShelleyCowie
18-Dec-10, 21:53
Since its Christmas i forgive u Colin! And about 1000 of them emails was probably from me! :lol: Karma ;) lol

Kevin Milkins
18-Dec-10, 22:09
It is indeed good to be back on line:Razz. The only thing that I am noticing that looks a bit strange is the time.:eek:

Nomad
18-Dec-10, 22:10
awesome sauce
thanks to colin for all his hard work
well done mate :)

divanp75
18-Dec-10, 22:29

the org is a busy place, glad it is back :D

Thank you

Hoida
18-Dec-10, 22:37
Great to have the org back, really missed it. Thank you

bustergirl
18-Dec-10, 22:45
i am sooo glad the orgs back i was lost without it lool really missed it thanks colin for fixing it :)

Moira
18-Dec-10, 22:48

Cheers
Colin

Thanks for getting us up and running again Colin. :D

poppett
18-Dec-10, 23:21
Thought it was just me being stupid. Glad to be back.

welsh-witch
19-Dec-10, 00:17
yeee bloody haaa :Razz

Niall Fernie
19-Dec-10, 00:27
Nice one Colin, I'm responsible for at least 20% of your e-mails and also for a lot of the site going up and down as I tried to fix tables etc.

Moira
19-Dec-10, 00:35
I hope Bill is paying you both an extra special bonus, with bells on. :)

Colin Manson
19-Dec-10, 01:00
I'd settle for a vBulletin 4.0 Forum License: £123.00

I really have been a good boy Santa. [smirk]

No gift wrap required.

shazzap
19-Dec-10, 01:03
Thank you to all concerned i getting the Org back up and running. was having withdrawal symptoms.:D

Moira
19-Dec-10, 01:18

I really have been a good boy Santa. [smirk]

No gift wrap required.

I do so hope "Santa" reads these forums. :D

Tubthumper
19-Dec-10, 01:26
Could we contribute to this?

shazzap
19-Dec-10, 01:32
Could we contribute to this?

A PayPal donation from all on the Org would be a matter of pennies.

Moira
19-Dec-10, 01:36
Is that the Royal "we" or the community spirited "we"?

Or should we petition the WADF. After all the forums here are a sport are they not? ;)

Ricco
19-Dec-10, 11:26
Colin, Niall. We owe youu a big debt for the hard work. Many thanks, guys. Have a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQKM3j3thRpQq41T-v4jelMvBPqCu_XForfi5JmmfPhh4izzQmLA