PDA

View Full Version : A9 Closed - 16/12/10

Metalattakk
16-Dec-10, 22:47
I'm hearing the A9 is closed all the way to Brora and will remain closed all night. Also a lot of the side roads in Caithness are badly affected by drifting snow.

If you're desperate to travel, call the local plod on 01847 893222 and take their advice.

http://www.northern.police.uk/News-and-Media/news-item.htm?item_id=PR2889_2010

Corrie 3
16-Dec-10, 22:58
Its just been confirmed on Travel Scotland !!

We are all doomed to panic buying and fuel shortages, I wonder how long it will take to empty Tesco's shelves ?!!

C3...:eek::roll:;)

Scarybiscuits03
16-Dec-10, 23:29
I'm hearing the A9 is closed all the way to Brora and will remain closed all night. Also a lot of the side roads in Caithness are badly affected by drifting snow.

If you're desperate to travel, call the local plod on 01847 893222 and take their advice.

http://www.northern.police.uk/News-and-Media/news-item.htm?item_id=PR2889_2010

My OH would have normally been travelling home tonight, luckily he didnt bother - just as well!!
Thanks for the info!

margaret
16-Dec-10, 23:30
It took me one and a half hours this afternoon(late) to travel from Thurso to Dunbeath (Achorn Road) and the drive was awfull.Car was sliding all over the road(even have snow tyres).Spent all evening moving the drifting snow from my front door which is a waste of time.I urge everyone NOT TO TRAVEL!!!
Its more important to stay safe and well than to risk it.:(

elamanya
16-Dec-10, 23:46
just hearing the snow gates are closed are closed on the ord

Stack Rock
16-Dec-10, 23:59
Its just been confirmed on Travel Scotland !!

We are all doomed to panic buying and fuel shortages, I wonder how long it will take to empty Tesco's shelves ?!!

C3...:eek::roll:;)

It started yesterday I hear - shoppers panic buying already !!!!!

Scarybiscuits03
17-Dec-10, 00:01
All I have is bread, milk and beans - it really will be a windy wknd!!!:D

changilass
17-Dec-10, 00:05
Our cupboards are bare, was running things down ready for the big shop tomorrow, but looks like it aint gonna happen now lol.

Can we come share your beans scary?

ShelleyCowie
17-Dec-10, 00:21
Thankfully my tesco delivery came yesterday! I didnt panic buy though. Dont see the point, we all need food and im sure i can make do with whats in my never ending cupboard!! :lol: Only thing i will worry about is baby milk for Jay, but quite a few of my family have some for his christmas so will just ask for it early if need be :)

But i do have Christmas shopping to do tomorrow! And stuff to post!!! :eek:

Scarybiscuits03
17-Dec-10, 00:25
Our cupboards are bare, was running things down ready for the big shop tomorrow, but looks like it aint gonna happen now lol.

Can we come share your beans scary?

Lol yes indeed - and I've just found some spaghetti hoops in the back of the cupboard!!...Party!!!

fingalmacool
17-Dec-10, 00:38
Yip took me over an hour to get home from Wick tonight to thurso, drifts are getting worse, and if more snow tonight then no hope of getting to work tomorrow eeeehaaaa?:confused