PDA

View Full Version : TUGMISTRESS.... Are you there?

lindsaymcc
16-Dec-10, 19:46
Could you please be ever so kind to look into your crystal ball and give me a forecast for early next week?

Im getting very antsy as my Dad is due to fly Stansted - Edinburgh - Wick on Wednesday, and I know you cant go that far, but if I know what its like a few days before, hopefully there is hope he will get here safely!

It really will ruin my Christmas if he cant get here :-(

changilass
16-Dec-10, 19:49
Whilst you are at it Tuggs, can I beg a favour too?

What are conditions likely to be on saturday?

Supposed to be meeting someone coming up from Englandshire in Inverness on saturday.

Need to know if he will make it and also what its gonna be like for us.

Cheers Missus.

mums angels
16-Dec-10, 20:25
Could you please be ever so kind to look into your crystal ball and give me a forecast for early next week?

Im getting very antsy as my Dad is due to fly Stansted - Edinburgh - Wick on Wednesday, and I know you cant go that far, but if I know what its like a few days before, hopefully there is hope he will get here safely!

It really will ruin my Christmas if he cant get here :-(

My hubby is due back on Wednesday also but going Via Edinburgh always is a nightmare depending on the time of his flight he always misses connection or theres a hold up the amount of times hes had to get the train up is unreal and that nothing to do with the weather . Going Via Aberdeen is always a better bet as there are several later flights to catch . My kids will be gutted if he doesn't get home on Wednesday too so fingers crossed :)

lindsaymcc
16-Dec-10, 20:38
My hubby is due back on Wednesday also but going Via Edinburgh always is a nightmare depending on the time of his flight he always misses connection or theres a hold up the amount of times hes had to get the train up is unreal and that nothing to do with the weather . Going Via Aberdeen is always a better bet as there are several later flights to catch . My kids will be gutted if he doesn't get home on Wednesday too so fingers crossed :)

Thanks for that, Dad usually flies Gatwick - Inverness and we pick him up from there, but we thought being December, it would be safer for all of us if he flew into Wick..... at least if he had gone to Inverness, he would at least have a chance of getting a bus up!

Really hoping the ice thaws out a bit, and the planes can get moving..... I dont care what it does on 3rd January when he is due to go home again, as he will be here and doesnt have anything important to get home for - like in April when we had him here an extra week thanks to the Volcanic eruptions!!!!!

cherokee
16-Dec-10, 21:21
I pray that the weather will be in your favour...... for all of you ;)

I know exactly what it's like regards not knowing if your OH/Family Member will or won't be home for Christmas; been there quite a few times myself and we don't even have children !!

May Your Christmas be a Happy One and that your OH's are safe (also that your Dad arrives safely Lindsay)....

God Bless X

mums angels
16-Dec-10, 21:48
I pray that the weather will be in your favour...... for all of you ;)

I know exactly what it's like regards not knowing if your OH/Family Member will or won't be home for Christmas; been there quite a few times myself and we don't even have children !!

May Your Christmas be a Happy One and that your OH's are safe (also that your Dad arrives safely Lindsay)....

God Bless X

Thank you very much of that and the same to you :) We have had several years without him in the past and it never is the same , the kids even suggested leaving half there presents until the 6th January one year when he was due home so we could do another xmas with him here which was really sweet . He was actually supposed to be working the last two years but he has the kindest back to back ever as he offers to do the change over a little early so that hubby can get home as the guy has no kids and his wife does the same as shes a nurse .. i can never think of a good enough present to get him :lol: