PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Hampers?

KCI
16-Dec-10, 18:02
I'm sure I saw something on here about local food hampers for Christmas, but can't find it.

Is there anywhere local that makes up food hampers for Christmas?

Due to an unfortunate "incident", I need to replace a hamper that I had previously bought in Inverness, but don't want to risk ordering online as I know it won't get here in time!

Thanks in advance for any info.

chaz
16-Dec-10, 18:04
kenny cambell greystones does hampers, so do puffin croft i think:)

orkneycadian
16-Dec-10, 18:26
Much easier to just make one up yourself? They are only full of stuff you can buy in shops anyway, without the ridiculous margin applied to them for being a "hamper".

Theres a place over here in Orkney that sells hampers that mainly consist of some Highland Park whisky, some oatcakes and cheese at about twice the price you would pay in other shops. And thats packed in a cardboard box rather than a wicker basket!

Make your own hamper up, and that way you can put in it what you know the recipient likes! :D

cherokee
16-Dec-10, 18:33
I agree with orkneycadian.

We've, twice now, made up hampers for my Dad. We also shared the price along with my brother (making it a pretty huge hamper !! :lol:) and basically just went along to Tesco's and bought him everything he loves to eat! :)

We also includes some treats for his beloved dog, and practical things like tea-towels, oven-gloves, handkerchiefs and socks.

Even, if you wish, you could include a wee voucher for something like their local butchers or chemists. A telephone card or electricity card would benefit some people as well, especially if they are elderly.

You can then wrap the box to your own specifications and add bows or ribbon and then print out a bonny card to attach !

Good Luck KCI, if you decide to try this ! :)

P/S - It also makes it really personal to the recipient and, as my Dad did, will be very appreciated !

cazmanian_minx
16-Dec-10, 18:48
Caithness Smokehouse do them - got my brother one last year and he loved it so much he's asked for another one this year!

Hoida
16-Dec-10, 19:29
J. Mackay in Traill Street Thurso does hampers, depends on what you want in it,could be pricey. Probably best to make up your own.

pentlander
16-Dec-10, 21:40
J A Mackay hampers are ace value and cracking quality. You can pick the stuff yourself or tell them how much you want to spend and they will do it for you. Seems to cost just the value of the stuff in it not a stupid mark up for being a hamper. We get two or three every year and everyone is always delighted. I think they will post them for you as well.