PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with bosch jigsaw

changilass
16-Dec-10, 14:22
Ok so I went to change the blade, pressed the wee red quick release thing and got the old blade out, but when I came to put the new blade in, I realised that the quick release was stuck in the open position, therefore not able to grab the new blade.

Is there any way to get it working again, or is it a case of having to buy a new jigsaw?

Had it a few years, so out of warranty, but in good working order apart from the bliddy quick blade change mechanism. grrrr

Please someone come up with a simple answer to fix this for me.

DeHaviLand
16-Dec-10, 14:29
try to get in to the button with a brush, short bristled paint brush will do, then give it a spray with wd40. Its probably just jammed up with shavings, sawdust etc.

changilass
16-Dec-10, 14:41
Thanks for the advice DeHav, but tried that already.

Just sprayed with WD40 again so see if it makes any difference after being done for the 3rd time lol.

Really don't want to have to buy a new one when apart from this problem the stupid thing works fine.

poppett
16-Dec-10, 17:04
If you are venturing into Thurso bring it along to the house you took the ashes to last year and my OH will hopefully fix it for you. Should be a "while you wait job".

ducati
16-Dec-10, 17:15
Sorry Changi, I can't help. Mrs D won't let me have anything sharp. :eek:

northener
16-Dec-10, 18:11
Yup, it's really annoying when you've spent ages playing with that Bosch jigsaw only to find there's a bit missing.

http://www.alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=4604

changilass
16-Dec-10, 18:18
If you are venturing into Thurso bring it along to the house you took the ashes to last year and my OH will hopefully fix it for you. Should be a "while you wait job".

Thank you for your very generous offer, have sent you a pm
Changi
xx

George Brims
16-Dec-10, 20:19
Yup, it's really annoying when you've spent ages playing with that Bosch jigsaw only to find there's a bit missing.

http://www.alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=4604

I'm glad I'm not the only weirdo who thought that was what the headline meant!

northener
22-Dec-10, 09:47
I'm glad I'm not the only weirdo who thought that was what the headline meant!

We're few and far between, George.:cool:

Which is probably a good thing.........