PDA

View Full Version : I Think Of You All.

paris
15-Aug-06, 17:24
While i read through the message boards to see whos doing what or saying what ,i often think of you all . i wonder what your all doing right now, what your days been like and how i envy you all ( thoes that live in caithness ) as i would really love to move back up but hubby says no. I can close my eyes and relive my days there, helping out with the lambing at the local farm, having a good night in the local village pub,going into wick to do the weekly shop and visiting our many friends. I loved it there and still do. Maybe one day i can return...........you never know !

Patsy
15-Aug-06, 17:32
While i read through the message boards to see whos doing what or saying what ,i often think of you all . i wonder what your all doing right now, what your days been like and how i envy you all ( thoes that live in caithness ) as i would really love to move back up but hubby says no. I can close my eyes and relive my days there, helping out with the lambing at the local farm, having a good night in the local village pub,going into wick to do the weekly shop and visiting our many friends. I loved it there and still do. Maybe one day i can return...........you never know !

You envy those that live in Caithness?! :eek: I bet there's more trees in view just from your window down there then there are in the whole of Caithness.........[lol] It's nice of you to think of everyone though.

Ricco
15-Aug-06, 18:14

I know what you mean, Paris. I sympathise as well - my wife says no. :(

paris
15-Aug-06, 18:23
Theres a thought.........Ricco and Paris elope to caithness! LOL Sorry Mrs Ricco . janx

cuddlepop
15-Aug-06, 20:28
Paris,i can sympathyise with you.I've never lived there but there's a certain peacefulness about the place that elusive everywhere else.:D

Ricco
15-Aug-06, 22:55
Theres a thought.........Ricco and Paris elope to caithness! LOL Sorry Mrs Ricco . janx

...and Mr. Paris and Mrs. Ricco elope to stay-as-you-are-ville. LOL

Lolabelle
15-Aug-06, 23:02
There really must be something about Caithness! Everyone love living there, the one who left want to return and I just want to get the chance to visit.
Whoo, I just had to break up a dog fight out the front. A loose dog wandered by and started attacking my dogs through the fence. I am still shaking. Poor Kruger thought I was screaming at him. I had to belt the fence with a broom to get the other dog to go away.
Need a cuppa, I have to calm down.

canuck
15-Aug-06, 23:03

Great to see you Paris. The last time you started a new thread I lost 5 pounds. Any chance we can do that again?

As for missing Caithness, "the water".
The sea of course, but also the refreshing loch water that runs from the taps. Almost two years back home now and I still have to use bottled water because the Lake Ontario swill tastes so strongly of chemicals.
But most of all I miss the people. Thank goodness for the forum and all the new friends I have made through these pages.

Fran
15-Aug-06, 23:25
Paris, how nice that you think of us all and wonder what we have been up to..........well, I, and a few other wickers and poulteneytowners, had a lovely coach trip to Ullapool. we set off at 8.30 am and had a great sunny warm day, turned off at the mound, golspie and stopped at lairg then ullapool and came back the dingwall reoute, then stopped off at the sutherland arms in Brora's main street and had a wonderful meal.
Now i'm off to bed as i am up early to drive on the same road....down to Inverness. so thats what i have been up to, what about everyone else?
Thank you Pulteney peoples Project and ra[sons bus driver Raymond for a lovely day.:Razz

paris
16-Aug-06, 08:12
Thanks for that Fran, just been on that same journey with you. ( in my dreams)
RICCO...what do we do with the 4 kids i have ( all grown ups ) 3 dogs 1 cat and 2 parrots ? and my transport...a triumph motorbike !!!

Ricco
16-Aug-06, 08:27
Thanks for that Fran, just been on that same journey with you. ( in my dreams)
RICCO...what do we do with the 4 kids i have ( all grown ups ) 3 dogs 1 cat and 2 parrots ? and my transport...a triumph motorbike !!!

Easy, Paris. 4 kids - that's 1 dog and the cat each. Keep the parrots and definitely keep the Triumph!

Kingetter
16-Aug-06, 08:35

We've not 'met' before in any sense but I am quite familiar with Lincolnshire from having lived there years ago. I can see why Caithness would have such a strong pull by comparison with where you are. So, if, and only supposing, you were to relocate up here in Caithness, is there any chance you'd get hankerings for Lincolnshire and miss it?

paris
16-Aug-06, 15:08
NO WAY.. would i miss it here. i lived in lybster for a year then moved back here,( family probs,) and although we are very good friends now my best friend and i fell out......all to do with 3 being a crowd....silly i know but i felt very alone for a while. she is still up there and i want to be. we had such a laugh together and explored caithness together getting lost on many a day out. We both love the same things and our hubby's were best mates and worked together. she was better than a sister would be and i miss her terribly. we sold our place and had moved back with-in 3 weeks of putting it on the market....just because i thought she had a new friend and didnt want me anymore, i just felt very alone. We even have the same illness....fybromyalgia, weird i know but true. no i wouldnt miss it here at all. jan xx

willowbankbear
16-Aug-06, 16:00
Hi Paris, long time no read, chat room s tthe place for a chat these days , cracks quite civilised too

scrapydoo
16-Aug-06, 16:40
Hope your wish to return paris, one day becomes reality.

canuck
16-Aug-06, 23:02
Peter Pan and Wendy, before you run off into the Caithnessian sunset, I need to remind you and thus warn you of the ever present danger of attack from the vicious pachyderm, (like midges, only larger.)

Recently I was referred to as an ignorant yob. I have no idea what a yob is but I am sure that the citation eminently qualifies me for the role of Associate Guardian Angel in the realm of Northern Neverland. (That and the fact that I wield a pretty mean hockey stick.) So, I would like to apply for the position and join your company of day dream believers.

Please hurry with your response as I have a sinking feeling that I am going to be expected to return to being a responsible adult on or about August 25. To that end, DrSzin do you have any turkey left in your freezer?

Moira
17-Aug-06, 00:34
Peter Pan and Wendy, before you run off into the Caithnessian sunset, I need to remind you and thus warn you of the ever present danger of attack from the vicious pachyderm, (like midges, only larger.)

Recently I was referred to as an ignorant yob. I have no idea what a yob is but I am sure that the citation eminently qualifies me for the role of Associate Guardian Angel in the realm of Northern Neverland. (That and the fact that I wield a pretty mean hockey stick.) So, I would like to apply for the position and join your company of day dream believers.

Please hurry with your response as I have a sinking feeling that I am going to be expected to return to being a responsible adult on or about August 25. To that end, DrSzin do you have any turkey left in your freezer?

Peter Pan & Wendy (aka Ricco & Paris) - come on home - Canuck has guaranteed your safe passage over the Ord. Ricco has sorted out the kids, the dogs & the cat. Only thing I'm worried about is how the parrots will cope with Berriedale on the Triumph motorbike. Wait ... I know - borrow a couple of attachment "thingies" from Porshiepoo so's you won't lose them whilst zipping up & down the bendy braes.;)

Canuck - I've no idea how you became an "ignorant yob" - but no matter - I'm still going to bake the cake. You'd requested a carrot cake - is this still on - or do you wish me to include some of the turkey from DrSzin's freezer in my recipe? :confused:

canuck
17-Aug-06, 02:09
Turkey, cold turkey, for that inevitable day when I must end this summer of frivolity and return to the real world of work. I won't be leaving the org completely, just going away for a week and then cutting down the endless hours of contact with such wonderful people. Oh, G2 where is that hankie you gave me?

paris
17-Aug-06, 08:10
This is the first time in days that i have actually laughed. To be in the same place as you mad wonderful orgers must be something else ! Better than going to any Dr when your feeling down .....just come on here. THANK-YOU ! JAN X

Ricco
17-Aug-06, 20:32
I also have greatly enjoyed this thread - awa' in the realms of fantasy. As for the parrots - easy. Fix a perch on each side of the handlebar, with a wee perspex windshield in front of each.

I've heard of Lincolnshire - the men wear little green tutu things and leather jerkins don't they? No, there is nothing for it but to head for the Highlands mucho pronto.

paris
18-Aug-06, 08:47
Ricco, if im supplying the transport, the pets and the ready made family, and i have the pennies for a property ive found up there,,,,,,,,, What may i ask will you supply for our new life together in caithness im going to satrt a new thread...Things ricco and paris need for new life in caithness !!! lol

porshiepoo
23-Aug-06, 08:09
Oh what a giggle!
I've told you already paris,you'll have to do the old wink wink to get hubby t change his mind, i know you can do it as you have so many times in the past. lol.

As my mum would say 'You're a silly girl'. Our first falling out - EVER - and you hightail it back to the not so charming charms of Boston. lol.
Have to admit to doing the same thing last year - as you know - but I only managed 5 months before we came running back. Now we're here for good.

Get yourselves up here for a holiday and I'm sure we can get hubby to change his mind.......again! :lol:

paris
23-Aug-06, 08:36
Im on the verge of a divorce ! he said go and live where you want but i want him to come aswell. woops . jan x

porshiepoo
23-Aug-06, 08:45
Oops!
Well start playing on the fact that that river at the back of you could burst it's banks at any time and de-value the house.lol. You never know it might start a glimmer of panic in his mind that you can pick at until it festers so much that he's just running up here. lol.

Like I said before, get up here and we'll see what we can do. Have to be careful mind or he'll just get cheesed off and be stubborn like most men. Have to let him think it's his idea. Hmmmm, I'll think of something. lol