PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Golden retriever puppy

suz
14-Dec-10, 22:59
Hi Does anyone know where I could buy a Golden Retriever puppy from in the Caithness area?

Sarah
15-Dec-10, 01:13
This person - http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=124141 - should have puppies within a month :) all health tests done, and pedigreed.

Health tests are important in Golden Retrievers especially.

caithgal
15-Dec-10, 12:23
Have PMD you. Thanks sarah x

dragonfly
15-Dec-10, 14:42
This person - http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=124141 - should have puppies within a month :) all health tests done, and pedigreed.

Health tests are important in Golden Retrievers especially.

so glad that you've done health tests Caithgal but don't forget the liver test when they are born - I wouldn't want another family to go though buying a a puppy with a liver shunt like we did with Brodie , retreivers are a breed that are susceptible to them

caithgal
19-Dec-10, 09:46
Ahhh dragonfly i am really sorry to hear that. heart goes out to you. i would be lost without my cass now. its not part of the breed specific tests that are required to be done and having spoken to breeders of retrievers its not a test that is done routinely but will bear it in mind x

dragonfly
19-Dec-10, 09:52
Brodie was a lucky one and the op was successful, but a harrowing time. I know its not a routine test but for dogs who are susceptible (sp?) like yorkies, wolfhounds and retreivers it would be good to have it included.

Best of luck for when the puppies come and look forward to seeing pics of them :Razz

caithgal
19-Dec-10, 10:01
Thanks for the info dragonfly. glad it worked out for you. i guess with most things you just cant cover the unknown and to be honest there are prob loads o tests that could be done but then its just like anything where do you stop? Take care x

dragonfly
19-Dec-10, 10:12
you have been very responsible with your breeding of these puppies, wish all breeders hipscored and health tested before going ahead.

caithgal
19-Dec-10, 10:28
Its the only way to do it - cost a fortune lol but then i want them to have the healthiest start i can possibly give them. just the responsible thing to do x