PDA

View Full Version : What a waste of public money.

Kenn
14-Dec-10, 19:56
I today recieved a letter telling me that I pay my television licence monthly,I know I do, it appears on my bank statement!
I have recieved letters about cold weather payments, why? I don't need to be told as again they are credited to my bank account.
My husband has had a letter stating that he is not eligible for such payments and he should not claim, he is well aware of that fact and has never lodged a claim.
During a period of ill health I had to make several further appointments, this I did at the desk in the particular hospital department.They were however incapable of printing off or writing down the details there are then as they had to post it to me.
Over the period of a year these letters and notifications must add up. Quite frankly it is a total waste of money that could be better spent maintaining front line services.
Where did common sense go?

These are just a few examples from one household, muliply that across the country and I wonder what sum it would come to?

Corrie 3
14-Dec-10, 20:16
Err Liz,
Its to keep the non-jobs in err...non-jobs !!!
Whilst I hate the Tories I must say its time someone took these non-jobs to task, what worries me is that they dont have any "proper" jobs to put these people into and at the same time they dont want to pay them benefits.
On a lighter note, I have had 2 cold weather payments now.... Its almost worth freezing to death for.

C3....:roll::lol:

ducati
14-Dec-10, 20:38
Err Liz,
Its to keep the non-jobs in err...non-jobs !!!
Whilst I hate the Tories I must say its time someone took these non-jobs to task, what worries me is that they dont have any "proper" jobs to put these people into and at the same time they dont want to pay them benefits.
On a lighter note, I have had 2 cold weather payments now.... Its almost worth freezing to death for.

C3....:roll::lol:

Chuck another Tory on the fire C3 :eek:

lindsaymcc
14-Dec-10, 20:41
Totally agree with the original poster.... its is mental the amount of letters we get that just arent needed!

(As an aside, has everyone recieved their cold weather payments, as hubby hasnt..... will get him to chase if so!)

oldmarine
15-Dec-10, 18:46
I today recieved a letter telling me that I pay my television licence monthly,I know I do, it appears on my bank statement!
I have recieved letters about cold weather payments, why? I don't need to be told as again they are credited to my bank account.
My husband has had a letter stating that he is not eligible for such payments and he should not claim, he is well aware of that fact and has never lodged a claim.
During a period of ill health I had to make several further appointments, this I did at the desk in the particular hospital department.They were however incapable of printing off or writing down the details there are then as they had to post it to me.
Over the period of a year these letters and notifications must add up. Quite frankly it is a total waste of money that could be better spent maintaining front line services.
Where did common sense go?

These are just a few examples from one household, muliply that across the country and I wonder what sum it would come to?

Lizz: You make a good point here.

Sage
15-Dec-10, 20:44
:lol: thats just like the noticifation I got in the post today...

A 50p tax rebate...this is the 3rd letter to tell me I had 50p coming to me.

It's cost more to tell me than the actual rebate. :eek:

neilsermk1
16-Dec-10, 01:06
Common sense is not so very common these days