PDA

View Full Version : Sea Survival

wings
15-Aug-06, 16:45
Does anyone know how much is costs for the offshore sea survival course? And where do they do it?

And once you have completed the course, whats the best way of getting offshore as soon as possible? Are they always looking for folk?

Thank you

riggerboy
15-Aug-06, 16:52
the cost of the course is about £600 you can do it at nutec in dyce, as for work it depends on what you want to do

Tugmistress
15-Aug-06, 18:11
i believe they also do the sea survival in stromness, don't know the cost though, sorry.

willowbankbear
15-Aug-06, 18:22
Rgit in Aberdeen, it costs £610. Phone 01224899707

wings
15-Aug-06, 18:27
Willing to do whatever job they can give me really.
I have no trade in mechanics or that, something they maybe look more for.
So it will be a case of whatever kinda thing.....

I take it your on the rigs riggerboy?

willowbankbear
15-Aug-06, 18:32
You could go & do your Greenhand course if ye want to be a roustabout, thats another £1000 for a 5 day course. Or you could get in touch with Aquadyne as there taking on folk next month

wings
15-Aug-06, 22:24
You could go & do your Greenhand course if ye want to be a roustabout, thats another £1000 for a 5 day course. Or you could get in touch with Aquadyne as there taking on folk next month

Hi Willowbanker..

Whats a rustabout? And who are Aquadyne?

brokencross
16-Aug-06, 12:41
Not being rude but if you don't know what a roustabout is, it is maybe better you stay away from the rigs and supply boats.

wings
16-Aug-06, 17:52
Not being rude but if you don't know what a roustabout is, it is maybe better you stay away from the rigs and supply boats.

Sorry I have come across here if its myself looking for the job, But i'm actually making enquiries for my boyfreind who is self employed and works away most of the time so i opened the post...........

So yes...........Hence the reason why i opened the it in the first place... I dont have a clue!!...........

wings
16-Aug-06, 17:55
Hi Willowbanker..

Whats a rustabout? And who are Aquadyne?

So As above my questions still stand to Willowbanker if he can reply when possible.. Thanks

connieb19
16-Aug-06, 18:12
Wings, I was gonna send you a link but if you google roustabout, there's loads of information. I had a look becase I had no idea what one was either.:) Hope your boyfriend is successful.

willowbankbear
16-Aug-06, 18:54
http://learndirect - roustabout / roughneck (oil and gas)

brokencross
16-Aug-06, 19:19
Sorry Wings my mistake.........your boyfriend is lucky to have a girlfriend like you...good luck to him (and you)

bingo1
16-Aug-06, 19:32
Hey there, my fiancie did his survival last november and it cost a little over £1000 as he got the full ticket so he can work in any waters in the world and from novermber last year untill two weeks ago he could not as a qualified fitter turner get a job offshore!!! In the end he did a bolting course with an offshore company after many phone calls getting to know various recruters and he ended up with a job at the end of it. I was so pleased for him! At one point he asked a recruter what was wrong and they said that it is like the chiken and the egg they want experienced offshore workers but how can you get experience if you cannot get off. Well atleast he is off now after a long struggle to get there. Goodluck to you and your boyfriend i hope he gets off soon as it is good money and well worth the price of the survival.

dunderheed
16-Aug-06, 19:37
isn't there some way of claiming your training money back if your unemployed or did i just imagine that?

riggerboy
16-Aug-06, 20:10
Willing to do whatever job they can give me really.
I have no trade in mechanics or that, something they maybe look more for.
So it will be a case of whatever kinda thing.....

I take it your on the rigs riggerboy?
yew i work offshore for about the last 10 years, tell him to stay away from the drilling side of things thats the roustabout and green hands that ppl talk about, as for aquadyne they really arent looking for pple right now as they are fully manned up, thats not to say they wouldnt be looking for ppl in the next month or so,

willowbankbear
16-Aug-06, 20:32
I called Aquadyne last month & the girl said September was the next recruitment drive. What rig ye on Riggerboy?

riggerboy
16-Aug-06, 21:13
I called Aquadyne last month & the girl said September was the next recruitment drive. What rig ye on Riggerboy?
i have worked with them for 10 year and they arent looking at the moment sorry if you have been told different,

willowbankbear
16-Aug-06, 21:15
Doesnt upset me in the slightest, what makes ye think that?

wings
16-Aug-06, 22:54
yew i work offshore for about the last 10 years, tell him to stay away from the drilling side of things thats the roustabout and green hands that ppl talk about, as for aquadyne they really arent looking for pple right now as they are fully manned up, thats not to say they wouldnt be looking for ppl in the next month or so,

I dont think its gonna be as easy as i thought then for him to get a job.
He is a joiner to trade so that aint gonna get him anywhere on a rig.
Its just the old story everyone knows of.. folk get paid off or cannae get a job.. Its always och all try offshore....Thats always what i remeber for years now.. Off till the rigs good money etc...

I think he will for for is it called RGIT?
What do you recommend he does then Rigger boy? Get CV's into agencies or...what ya think?