PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Help Please!

lindsaymcc
14-Dec-10, 19:12
Evening all!

Was wondering if anyone knew anywhere in Thurso that will be open for an evening meal on 1st January?! Have tried both the Pentland Hotel and the Park Hotel but no joy!

As I am hosting Christmas this year, wanted to treat the family to a meal out at New Year to save anyone else cooking!

Thanks in advance!

Doreen
14-Dec-10, 19:46
Evening all!

Was wondering if anyone knew anywhere in Thurso that will be open for an evening meal on 1st January?! Have tried both the Pentland Hotel and the Park Hotel but no joy!

As I am hosting Christmas this year, wanted to treat the family to a meal out at New Year to save anyone else cooking!

Thanks in advance!Idont think any where is open on new years day i have never seen any where open on new years day:~(

Hen Broon
14-Dec-10, 19:54
Charlie chans maybe ? some chinese restaurants open xmas and new years

dragonfly
14-Dec-10, 19:54
I think the only place that might be open is the Chinese restaurant.

alternatively just get the family together and go first footing on the street, get to know your neighbours and get fed for free too ;)

Scarybiscuits03
14-Dec-10, 20:01
Chinese may be open but and possibly any Indian restaurants.......maybe the Taj Mahal in Halkirk?
Wouldn't it be safer getting a takeaway meal? - There may be a few tender heads and stomachs that day! :lol:

lindsaymcc
14-Dec-10, 20:30
Ah well, was worth a try!

Its just family tradition that we do a slap up dinner on new years day as well as christmas day, and wanted to avoid it, so looks like ill be cooking again! Cant see my dear old Granny eating a chinese lol

I wish I could be suffering with a hangover on NYD but with 3 young children, who get me up before 6am, Ill be lucky if I actually make the bells!

Dadie
14-Dec-10, 21:09
Yup!
New years day in our house will definately be different this year!
It will be birthday cake,kids party food and jelly and icecream!
Rather than adults party food and beer!
I will only see in the bells if one of the wee ones is up....
New years food was always easy though...steak pie (no one could face any more poultry), soup, bacon rolls, etc...
Think I will try to start the tradition that its Euans birthday first and new year second to that!
But doubt he will get many parties while he is little.....

Allsorts
14-Dec-10, 21:34
My wee one was born on Hogmany so we do her party in the middle of Jan when life is back to normal.

laguna2
14-Dec-10, 21:37
Ah well, was worth a try!

Its just family tradition that we do a slap up dinner on new years day as well as christmas day, and wanted to avoid it, so looks like ill be cooking again! Cant see my dear old Granny eating a chinese lol

I wish I could be suffering with a hangover on NYD but with 3 young children, who get me up before 6am, Ill be lucky if I actually make the bells!

Why don't you ask all the family to prepare something for the meal ... that way you won't have to do all the cooking?

greener
15-Dec-10, 01:13
Never heard of forward planning :(

Cattach
15-Dec-10, 15:15
Evening all!

Thanks in advance!

Have a Hogmanay meal - sets you up for the New Year - do it at home and it is even better - we always do.

orkneycadian
20-Dec-10, 09:47
Over this side of the water, Chinese and Indian excepted, you'll be lucky to find anything open for a week or more at the start of the year. No demand for eating out after the festivities, and folk too busy first footing for the first few days, so most places shut their kitchens for a week or 10 days at the start of the year.