PDA

View Full Version : That time of year again!

porshiepoo
14-Dec-10, 14:02
It's getting toward the time of year where we all make those New Years resolutions, so what failures in the making have y'all come up with this year??

Promised myself that I'd not bother this year (or next as it would be) but the list is already growing.
I'm not the sort of person who just picks one personal hatred or failure and vows to remedy that one, oooooo no, I have to go for several and I can even envisage the mental abuse I'll rain down on myself when I fail at them..... again.
So, so far I have:
1) Lose weight (by weight I mean I want to be the 8st I was when I was 18)
2) Run a marathon (could go for a half but hey ho I might actually manage a half and I wouldn't be able to batter myself with failure)
3) See more of my family and friends. (They ALL happen to live hundreds of miles away so that ones doomed for failure too).
4) Enjoy gardening again ( Failure to grow exotic plants I used to grow down south left me sulking)
5) Eat more healthily (Addicted to Dairy Milk and Lidl's 'yellow cakes' so it'll be hard but I've bought a Vitamix so hopefully it will cook for me - think that's what it's supposed to do anyways)
6) No longer worry if "friends" can forget our friendship so easily and go out of their way to ignore me. (Though going by the above, I think I'd ignore me too)
7) Tell my kids every single day how proud I am of them.
8) Make sure hubby knows he's the best soul mate, like everrrr! (In case I die)

So what y'all got?
My list will be longer by the time the day comes round.

billmoseley
14-Dec-10, 14:14
i only have one . thats to enjoy life again for the next year

Fran
14-Dec-10, 14:35
Porshiepoo, your number 8 resolution is the best one, we should always tell our loved one how much we love them as we never really know when/if we will see them again.

ShelleyCowie
14-Dec-10, 15:03
I tend not to make any now because i could never stick to them! :roll: lol.

I just want next year to be as special as this year! Its gonna be hard though! I got married this year and had a baby! :eek: Not doin that again!

I tell my husband i love him every day....maybe i should do something to annoy him on top of that! [lol]

Bobinovich
14-Dec-10, 15:53
...maybe i should do something to annoy him on top of that! [lol]

He has to live with you - is the man not in enough pain already :Razz

Dadie
14-Dec-10, 17:27
To remember where the Christmas cards I got in the January sales are.
To do all next years Christmas shopping before December.
Not to look on Ebay.
Get dinner on the table in time for hubby getting home:lol:
And to see the bottom of the laundry basket at least once a week!

lynne duncan
14-Dec-10, 22:41
finish my svq and lose weight before my birthday and then have the rest of the year chasing my kids to the beach or parks or football whatever they want to do, as this year has been a bit hectic

ShelleyCowie
14-Dec-10, 22:52
He has to live with you - is the man not in enough pain already :Razz

Please remember Mr Bob i know where u live!

But i guess ur right! [lol] Just this once tho!!!

Bazeye
14-Dec-10, 23:10
Not to go hang gliding or base jumping.

wickscorrie
15-Dec-10, 09:25
hang gliding sounds fun, base jumpng dinna ken if i could do that one but would like to try and see