PDA

View Full Version : Ruin of a house in Johns Square

bananas
27-Aug-04, 08:35
I for one would not walk anywhere near the old ruined house in Johns Square, it's held up by scaffold bracing and is in serious danger of collapse. The tunnel to protect the public is a joke and a hazard to traffic, it also will not protect you if gable end collapses.

Surely this has gone on long enough, the Council must take the selfish and devious owner of this property to court. I am no expert but if the building is a danger to the public are the Council not allowed to seize the property and make the owner pay to have it demolished, this based on repair being now impossible. It is also an eyesore.

Who paid for the pedestrian tunnel?

dragonfly
27-Aug-04, 11:42
I agree with you Banana's though I'm sure that something like you suggested has already happened in as much as he was ordered by the courts to make repairs.

Its such an eyesore and seen by everyone entering town via the traffic lights - between that and the whitewashed windows of what was Country Images (which seem to be filled with rolls of fibreglass insulatation) tourists must have a great first impression of Thurso