PDA

View Full Version : Where's my SodaStream!

cja275
13-Dec-10, 19:22
Hi, has anyone had a pile of SodaStream stuff delivered to them by mistake? Apparently my order of a couple of replacement cylinders and various other bits was delivered on Friday and ‘Left in Porch’ according to the SodaStream people, only it appears that it was someone else’s porch.....I live just outside of Thurso so it could be anywhere..........
Bit of a long shot but you never know.

Kodiak
13-Dec-10, 20:09
If the item was delivered to another persons house then that is not your fault. Get on to them and say you want what you paid for or your money back.

cja275
13-Dec-10, 21:09
I am, but I was just hoping that someone might have it, long shot like I said! Plus they took 2 weeks to deliver it to the wrong address....

Bazeye
14-Dec-10, 00:15
When did you order it, 1978?

Nibbler
14-Dec-10, 08:08
Just an idea cja275 but if you put your postcode into the Royal Mail address finder website, it will give you all the possible addresses that the parcel would have been left at. Saying this though, it would need to have been delivered to the correct postcode!!!! :roll:

If you need any help with this, just send me a PM with your postcode and I will check it and send you a list of the possible addresses. You could maybe further narrow it down by checking on the google map for those addresses with a porch!!!

Hope you get your soda stream stuff back.

I used to really like it :)

orkneycadian
14-Dec-10, 09:58
Saying this though, it would need to have been delivered to the correct postcode!!!! :roll:

Wouldnt bet on that! The amount of stuff that gets wrongly delivered to me, with the wrong postcode is surprising. I get a lot of stuff delivered for an address that looks very vaguely similar to mine, but has a completely different postcode (only the first 2 letters are the same). From that, I deduce that they don't really use the postcode at all....

dawncw
14-Dec-10, 13:32
Is it a Hermes delivery that you are tracking? i have had a few off them that are updated to "Delivered to Porch" at around 7am on a certain day but i dont actually get the delivery until a day or two afterwards. courier is electronically scanning it in and marking it as delivered but keeping it until he does a "country" run which is every 2nd or 3rd day (i live a couple of miles out of Wick). It is quite annoying but it is only Hermes that i have the problem with so i know to expect it a few days later when its being sent with them!

Chrisf1961
14-Dec-10, 18:49
Hermes strikes again! dont deal with companies who use this carp courier.

Liz
14-Dec-10, 19:46
Hermes strikes again! dont deal with companies who use this carp courier.

Do they deliver fish then?:lol:

Mystical Potato Head
14-Dec-10, 20:40
Wouldnt bet on that! The amount of stuff that gets wrongly delivered to me, with the wrong postcode is surprising. I get a lot of stuff delivered for an address that looks very vaguely similar to mine, but has a completely different postcode (only the first 2 letters are the same). From that, I deduce that they don't really use the postcode at all....

That will be why the second most popular destination for Thurso mail is Truro.

cja275
15-Dec-10, 01:17
Yeah, it is Hermes, maybe i'll get it soon......

ShelleyCowie
15-Dec-10, 10:57
Hope u get your sodastream!

Im waiting on an order, Hermes is delivering it. I will not be ordering from anywhere that uses them for delivery ever again!! :mad: Will stick to who i know is good! Home delivery, AJG and Royal mail!

iv tried to track my order and apparently my postcode doesnt exist! :roll: Funny that.....could of sworn its where i lived!

pretty green eyes
15-Dec-10, 12:21
My mums deliverys from a certain company always gets delivered in Wick to the same address even though she lives outside the town :eek: The woman who receives her things takes it as a personal insult and bins it. We keep informing the delivery company and the companys that use them....yet nothing changes

The street names are not even similar[evil]

mil1
15-Dec-10, 14:19
I ordered from a company on the 25 November and they are using Hermes couriers, and i just recieved my parcel today so there is still hope for people yet!!!

Chrisf1961
15-Dec-10, 15:21
When! what a garbage company they are ...ive ordered 2 items from Qvc for my wifes Christmas one has got here on Saturday(ordered 1st Dec) but the 2nd item which was despatched on the 2nd is nowhere to be seen!
Looking at their website they say delays are possible we are on our way! lol
I cant even track the parcel as there isnt a tracking number on my QVC account

://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/portal/PN_CTR?gclid=CJHKz-u57qUCFVBO4QodryllpQ (http://www.myhermes.co.uk/wps/portal/PN_CTR?gclid=CJHKz-u57qUCFVBO4QodryllpQ)

My advice AVOID HERMES

Chrisf1961
15-Dec-10, 15:47
Just rang QVC who cant through Hermes give me a tracking number but apparently its with the courier! well never ...... they say there is a backlog and its due to the weather! what weather you mean the lovely green grass we can see....so its all going to fall down now folks with this snow coming ..is it tomorrow? tell you what a crap delivery company ...the motto is stick with what you know use the Royal Mail......the cheapest isnt always the best ....

cja275
15-Dec-10, 21:41
Just found out that is was delivered Friday, as they said, but to the wrong house. House names are really close though so I'll forgive them, as long as i get it away. I'm trying to contact them now!
Tough job this time of year for couriers, or am I too forgiving?