PDA

View Full Version : Kilt waistcoat

The Happy Humanist
13-Dec-10, 13:28
Hi
Would any be able to lend us a kilt waistcoat, Argyle style, for one evening?
Size needed is 38 Long, but would consider any near to this. Needed for Weds 22nd December. I could collect nearly anywhere in Caithness and of course would dry clean if any mishaps occurred:D
Thanks so much for reading.
kate

changilass
13-Dec-10, 14:46
I don't know about long?

They usually come in chest size, oh has a 44 but think it will be too big for your needs.

Give me a shout if you want to give it a try.

The Happy Humanist
13-Dec-10, 16:10
ta Changi, definitely too big, he's a tall skinny guy!
The length? I'm told you can specially order a long, for taller folk, so thought I'd stick it on in case anyone had one, but probably a standard length 38 or 40 max.
Cheers for the offer though......... by the way I've got wee day jackets , brogues and boys bits stored in the loft, if mini changi needs anything... maybe he's grown too much now though:lol:
k x

greener
13-Dec-10, 16:47
Go and hire one like everyone else would do.!!

Dadie
13-Dec-10, 17:23
Greener thats uncalled for, most hire places dont hire out waistcoats by themselves.
We had trouble getting my brother in law the rest of the kilt package as a hire as he had his own kilt, and was slowly getting bits and pieces to go with it, when he was at home (he had the jacobite shirt etc but I wanted the prince charlie).
I had a look at hubbys waistcoat and I think it will be too small.

mushroom
13-Dec-10, 18:16
Hi Kate

I will check with my OH to see what size his is

The Happy Humanist
13-Dec-10, 18:57
Thank you very much mushroom, much appreciated.
I also appreciate you taking the time to explain things to greener, Dadie. It is very tricky to hire individual items and McAllans were kind enough not to try to make money, but to ensure they gave excellent customer service advising us the same.
But I will make sure that I remember greener's comments, I would hate to offend by offering to help them out with a loan of anything in the future.:D
Kind regards to all!
kate

The Happy Humanist
15-Dec-10, 17:04
To Changi, Dadie and Mushroom for their kind offers of waistcoats and especially to Yummy Mummy and Yummy Daddy(!) for dropping a kilt jacket and waistcoat in to Thurso all the way from Groats! They fit just great!
You're a lovely bunch and the org is the best!:lol: