PDA

View Full Version : A nice treat for Christmas?

our_town_magazine
13-Dec-10, 12:00
Hello all!

You should have received your copy of Our Town Wick & Thurso magazine by now.

Have a look and you'll see that we have a great competition page in the magazine.

Write to us an tell us why you love your town in no more than 50 words and we'll enter you into our prize draw for a £75 Co-op hamper, 2 bottles of Highland Park whisky and a Christmas DVD.

Go on, give it a go.

Email me at : jenny@ourtownmag.co.uk

Good luck

chordie
13-Dec-10, 12:22
Err, keep the board spam free please - this isn't a free advertising site - we all get enough rubbish in our inbox every day without having to confront it on here as well.

Run along now and delete this thread please and peddle your wares somewhere more appropriate.

our_town_magazine
13-Dec-10, 12:24
I'm not trying to sell anything! Thought the Orgers might be interested in winning a prize or two in time for Christmas.
Apologies if I have broken any rules.

Moonboots
13-Dec-10, 12:39
Err, keep the board spam free please - this isn't a free advertising site - we all get enough rubbish in our inbox every day without having to confront it on here as well.

Run along now and delete this thread please and peddle your wares somewhere more appropriate.

And what rights have you got being a member who has only posted 3 times to have a say.

chordie
13-Dec-10, 12:51
Whether I've posted once, twice, or a million times, it makes no difference - we all agree to abide by the rules. And for a PR company to use the forum for unsubtle promotion is not part of the rules that we all signed up to.

And what rights have you got being a member who has only posted 3 times to have a say.

Corrie 3
13-Dec-10, 13:05

Are you a Moderator?
Surely its up to the Owners/Moderators what is and is not acceptable to be posted, I think you have a bare cheek asking for it to be took off. It could be of interest to a lot of the Members on here...If you are not happy with it then just ignore it......or is that too difficult for you to do!!!

C3 .....:eek::mad:

our_town_magazine
13-Dec-10, 13:17
Whether I've posted once, twice, or a million times, it makes no difference - we all agree to abide by the rules. And for a PR company to use the forum for unsubtle promotion is not part of the rules that we all signed up to.

I'm not a PR company, I'm the owner of the magazine. It's of no benefit to me whether I have one entry or 1000 entries. I've only got a set amount of prizes to give away. I just wanted everyone possible to have a chance of winning.

Torvaig
13-Dec-10, 13:25
I won't be entering your competition Jenny as I am a country teuchter but just want to say how I enjoyed your magazine; compact, colourful and full of information; something that can be carried around easily and very useful.

Well done on promoting our area!

Metalattakk
13-Dec-10, 13:29

If you think the rules have been broken, report it to the Mods. Whining on here about it only makes you look like an idiot.

Torvaig

There are plenty of businesses discussed on this forum and I for one appreciate what Jenny is doing.

She is promoting our area.......:eek:

our_town_magazine
I won't be entering your competition Jenny as I am a country teuchter but just want to say how I enjoyed your magazine; compact, colourful and full of information; something that can be carried around easily and very useful.

Well done on promoting our area!

I have nothing against 'teuchters' :lol:! Feel free to enter. Tell us why you love Caithness. Thanks for your kind praise. It's very much appreciated.

chordie
13-Dec-10, 13:35
Come off it - don't patronise us teuchters so much - an entry to a competition means a name & address to pester with junk mail and phone calls. You know that better, especially after all those years flogging advertising at Yell.

I'm not a PR company, I'm the owner of the magazine. It's of no benefit to me whether I have one entry or 1000 entries. I've only got a set amount of prizes to give away. I just wanted everyone possible to have a chance of winning.

our_town_magazine
13-Dec-10, 13:42
Come off it - don't patronise us teuchters so much - an entry to a competition means a name & address to pester with junk mail and phone calls. You know that better, especially after all those years flogging advertising at Yell.

I can guarantee that no names and addresses will be given out or used in any way for promotional purposes of any kind. By the way, I am a teuchter! Born and bred.

shazzap
13-Dec-10, 13:50
What difference does it make if your a teuchter or not please.:confused

our_town_magazine
13-Dec-10, 13:53
What difference does it make if your a teuchter or not please.:confused

I wondered that, but I think it was because I asked for 'why you love your town and the poster took that literally (understandably). I'd love to have entries from anyone and everyone in Caithness about what makes it such a special place to live.

ShelleyCowie
13-Dec-10, 14:07

Are you for real? :roll: The promotion is to win a prize. one i wouldnt mind winningto be honest.

If you have a problem with the thread report it to a mod, but i cant see a problem with it. Its about OUR town.

Torvaig
13-Dec-10, 14:11

Chordie, if you feel patronised by any of Jenny's remarks then the inadequacy lies with yourself, no-one else. I am a teuchter born and bred but don't feel the need to either promote or defend the fact; I just am.

Corrie 3
13-Dec-10, 14:21
Come off it - don't patronise us teuchters so much -
And dont you show us Teuchters up to be all the same as you please.
Thank God that not all of us are so stupid.

C3...:mad::roll:

shazzap
13-Dec-10, 14:35
I googled teuchter, as i must admit did'nt know what one was, meaning of the word.
Here is what i came up with.
Do you agree with these???

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Teuchter

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teuchter

http://www.theteuchterlads.co.uk/

our_town_magazine
13-Dec-10, 14:44
I googled teuchter, as i must admit did'nt know what one was, meaning of the word.
Here is what i came up with.
Do you agree with these???

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Teuchter

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teuchter

http://www.theteuchterlads.co.uk/

Certainly not the sheep bit!!!!!:eek: Angus Og comes to mind when I think of the word Teuchter

shazzap
13-Dec-10, 14:47
Certainly not the sheep bit!!!!!:eek: Angus Og comes to mind when I think of the word Teuchter

have to admit.
i have hear ed that one before.[lol]

sids
13-Dec-10, 19:14
What is Our Town magazine and why should I have received it by now?

Torvaig
14-Dec-10, 00:20
www.ourtownmag.co.uk (http://www.ourtownmag.co.uk) is the website with info....:)

The magazine has been delivered to many homes in Caithness so maybe yours is on its way!

Bazeye
14-Dec-10, 00:52
www.ourtownmag.co.uk (http://www.ourtownmag.co.uk) is the website with info....:)

The magazine has been delivered to many homes in Caithness so maybe yours is on its way!

Unless youve a KW 14 postcode.

Torvaig
14-Dec-10, 01:00
Unless youve a KW 14 postcode.

I have a KW14 postcode......select "Wick & Thurso" on the above website ;)

our_town_magazine
14-Dec-10, 10:00
Just regarding delivery of the magazine: Royal Mail were paid to deliver Our Town to KW1, KW14, KW3 and KW12.

I've spoken to the sorting office who have wholeheartedly assured me that all copies have been delivered or will be in the next couple of days.

If you have not received your copy, please ask your postman where it is and let me know what he says.

It pays for me to keep on top of Royal Mail at all times, to make sure the posties are doing their job.

Having said that. I've had no complaints from Caithness so far, so they seem to be doing a great job up there.