PDA

View Full Version : Kingetter & Katarina ~ How big?

Lolabelle
15-Aug-06, 09:20
How big can a post be? If I post either the synopsis or an extract from the book, how much room do I have?
It is a bit daunting to really put it out there when it isn't finished. :(

Kingetter
15-Aug-06, 09:29
That's really an Admin question - one I can't answer, However, a synopsis shouldn't need to be any longer than a page really -an A4 page UK, smaller than foolscap (17 x 13½ inches (432 × 342 mm) - dunno what Oz uses.

Lolabelle
15-Aug-06, 09:35
A4, so it should be ok. I will have to get onto it. But after spending most of the day hunting around for a different location,(couldn't find one as good) I am a bit brain dead. I have a flogging headache and sore neck and shoulders. :( Poor me!

Kingetter
15-Aug-06, 09:41
Bubble bath, cool shower, nice drink (don't know your poison), then relax.

Re size - find some of the long replies on here and count - yes count - number of words. Cheat if you have to by counting a random line, then the number of lines - multiply - ball park figure. Work to that figure for your synopsis.

dragonfly
15-Aug-06, 10:01

Re size - find some of the long replies on here and count - yes count - number of words. Cheat if you have to by counting a random line, then the number of lines - multiply - ball park figure. Work to that figure for your synopsis.

or quicker than counting words, copy, paste into Word and use word count feature?

Colin Manson
15-Aug-06, 10:02
Maximum Characters Per Post

Posts that contain more characters than the value specified here will be rejected with a message telling the user to shorten their post.

Limit - 10000

Lolabelle
15-Aug-06, 10:07
:Razz

Bubble bath sounds good, HOT shower sounds better (winter here) and an orange juice or diet coke, or maybe a nice cuppa. Relax and start counting tomorrow. Mind you I could copy and paste it and then use the word count feature???? Be a lot quicker.
Hardest bit is that Dave is working tonight, so I have no one to talk it all over with. Might just have to look up a girlfriend. I am a talker, it's the only way I can sort my mind jumbles out.
Thanks to you my orgerapist, (orger therapy) I will keep on keeping on.

Lolabelle
15-Aug-06, 10:09
maybe that should be orgtherapist?????? The other could be a bit dubious to the non learned.

Kingetter
15-Aug-06, 10:16
maybe that should be orgtherapist?????? The other could be a bit dubious to the non learned.

Thank you for that amendment.

have you any other completed work - writing I'm refering to?

Lolabelle
15-Aug-06, 10:24
Besides the kitchen? ;)
yeah, I have a few short stories written for the kids at church. They were a set theme. So it was like "Making Good Decisions" and "Doing your Best is Always Best" but I tried hard to show not tell, with the moral side of things. They were a hit with the kids and a friend (infants teacher) read them to her classes. I have also written many sunday school plays and movies.

Lolabelle
15-Aug-06, 10:27
or quicker than counting words, copy, paste into Word and use word count feature?
Thanks, got that.

Lolabelle
15-Aug-06, 10:29
Maximum Characters Per Post

Posts that contain more characters than the value specified here will be rejected with a message telling the user to shorten their post.

Limit - 10000
Got that too, thanks very much.

Kingetter
15-Aug-06, 10:30
So you have a 'portfolio' then? Well, sharing something from that might give those who are interested an idea of 'where you are at' with regard to writing?