PDA

View Full Version : Weather update 12th december

Tugmistress
12-Dec-10, 20:42
Jumped forward again, cold enough for snow from between midnight wednesday and 6am thursday and yes it's looking like a severe dumping coming!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs742.ash1/163430_470842558143_300395478143_5844745_7326233_n .jpg

Kodiak
12-Dec-10, 20:44
OOO !! Dig those Isobars :eek:

chaz
12-Dec-10, 21:44
Thank you, ok now its ready steady stock up lol x

Corrie 3
12-Dec-10, 21:58
Looks like I will be sleeping on the M8 on Saturday night then, or perhaps it will be all gone by then, or again, perhaps not !!
I will be looking for the new "Snow Minister" to save me or I will demand his resignation!!

C3...:roll::eek:

Dadie
12-Dec-10, 23:28
Will I be able to get out to play on friday:lol:
And home again.
Its my only night out!....
Other than kids parties........

purplelady
13-Dec-10, 00:27
do you think it will be as bad as last time as have to go down the road on the monday xxxx

Tugmistress
13-Dec-10, 07:59
I would imagine you can get out to play on friday dadie, just wrap up warm lol and no high heels don't mix with snow and alcohol lol
purplelady, that will depend on how well the gritters keep on top of it over the weekend i'm afraid, but it's looking like quite a few showers if not a constant 'drizzle' of snow to begin with.

porshiepoo
13-Dec-10, 23:33
Bloomin hope it doesn't stop my mum flying into Wick next monday. :(
Haven't seen her in a year and a half and a recent health scare has made me realise just how far away she is.

So the ruddy snow had better just bog off! :(

Dadie
14-Dec-10, 00:06
Me and high heels dont go together anymore:(
I cant walk in them and my legs and feet ache all the next day.
Plus getting a piggy back round the road from hubby is not the most dignified end to a night out:lol:
But they look good............
Och well I will take my Grannys advice and wear my simmit!
(well thats what she would have called my dress and she would want to know what proper clothes I would be wearing on top of it)

annemarie482
14-Dec-10, 10:11
just watched todays forecast which is saying snow wed/ thurs like you have said!
although it doesn't look as bad as we had the other week, just a day or two then gone.
is this right?
my oh is outside doing a snow dance hoping he won't be able to go offshore on monday! lol
whats his chances to you think tuggs?!
are we in for a horrendous snow fall?! lol

Tugmistress
14-Dec-10, 10:39
What will make it worse is the wind that's coming with it, and yes i think we could be in for quite a fall on thursday/friday and going to light showers on saturday.
the hard thing is there is going to be such a drop in temperature (up to 10 degrees) literally in 12 hours or less that it's hard to know how much to expect, it could produce more than forecast!
thankfully the wind eases off on friday but thursday is not going to be nice at all

i think the 'cold enough for snow' air above us will hang around for a week or so from what i can see, so it all depends on how much it fancies dumping on us over time again lol

garycs
14-Dec-10, 10:44
It's worth bearing in mind that there's likely to be light rain on Wednesday evening before it turns to snow in the early hours of Thursday, this tends to make it difficult to treat roads in advance of the snow so please be extra careful on Thursday morning.

Fisherbigin
14-Dec-10, 22:02
Fit a fuss aboot a puckle snaw. :roll:

Sarah
14-Dec-10, 22:09
We are meant to get it real bad on Thursday and Friday over here on the west. Looking forward to it :)